Bad Karma: a Repentant Theif

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
kitaj

Bad Karma: a Repentant Theif

Post by kitaj »

Hello all.

I'm new to the forums, so if this is in the wrong category, I do apologize. If this is too long, feel free to skip to the bottom for my main question.

I have a confession to make. I'm a theif and a liar. At least I was up until recently. I found wicca many years ago but I pushed it to the back of my mind until I hit some hard times, probably due to some much deserved bad Karma, and rediscovered my faith. I have been taking steps to rid myself of my old ways. I pray and meditate every day, and I have purged my home of a large amount of unnecessary material belongings in conjunction with my meditations to reduce my desire for objects.

A large number of these material possesions are things I have pilfered here and there, and I am in no way proud of it. Among the theived items is a quartz pendulum. It was the only magical item I ever stole and the guilt I feel about it haunts me. This is the one item i cannot seem to rid myself of because it seems wrong to toss it but I cannot use it because the guilt of how I attained it is too great.

So my question is, what do I do with a stolen quartz pendulum that I cannot bring myself to get rid of, nor use due to guilt?
YanaKhan

Re: Bad Karma: a Repentant Theif

Post by YanaKhan »

Hello, kitaj.

Please go to the top section of the forum and introduce yourself. Thank you!
Silentfeather
Banned Member

Post by Silentfeather »

The quartz crystal will amplify your feelings, which is making your situation worse, if you can't throw away the pendulum, then give it away, if you have turned your life around, then any reminder will make the changes slower, and feed the guilt.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Donate unwanted items to Good Will or equivalent. That way someone can use it.

Good for you in restructuring your path.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Is it possible to return it? If not to the original owner then you can give it to the earth. Bury it.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Ethereal Moon Rose

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

That's a great idea Twilight. Or you could cleanse it and donate it.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Ask the pendant what it wants you to do.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

As part of your healing process, I'm with TwilightDancer. If you could possibly return it with an apology,... this will make you face your wrongful act and look into the eyes of that whom you stole from. Be prepared for any kind of response... you stole, and that person will most likely feel betrayed and may be very angry and never wish to speak to you again, But, you will have faced your wrong act. And that is what will heal you. However if you stole it from a store you may be looking at a stint in the pokey.

I have a friend...who is more like a sister now, who stole from me when she was 12, I was 18. I had an item in my car that she felt she needed and one day when my car was unlocked she nabbed it. Her real sister confronted her and asked why she would steal from me, since this girl had been kinda looking up to me. One day she knocked on the door with her head hung low and held up the item. She said, "I'm so sorry I stole this from you". I can remember like yesterday... It's actually bringing tears to my eyes as I type. From that day on we became best friends. It took a huge amount of bravery to admit her wrongdoing and face me. She has grown up into a really strong and independent woman and I'm terribly proud of her.

I have had many people steal from me over the years, a car, lots of jewelry, tools, a giant rocking horse (of all things) etc...etc...some of it was really irreplaceable, and in some of these cases I saw my stuff in their homes...when I confronted them...they denied it.
Those people are not in my life and one did go to jail.

I hope you will continue to heal from your addiction, it's hard, but with persistence I'm sure you will find it feels better to be on the up and up.

Thank you for sharing your dark side,
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
kitaj

Post by kitaj »

Thank you for all of your replies
SnowCat wrote:Ask the pendant what it wants you to do.

Snow
I liked this idea, so I cleansed it and asked it which option it wants me to choose (throw it away, give it to someone, return it to the earth, or to continue using it myself) and after confirming the answer three times, it was a very definitive "return it to the earth"

Unfortunately there is no way to return it to the owner, as I took it from a store, and no longer live on even the same continent as the shop, so returning it to the earth like Twilight suggested is my best option.

Your responses have all helped tremendously smileylove
I will continue to travel down the path of recovery, and I feel that this is a big step for me.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yes, a big step! Give yourself kudos :fairy: Making a ritual out of it's return to the earth may be very healing.
Congratulations,
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”