Red therapy

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Red therapy

Post by SpiritTalker »

Red therapy is an idea I use to bring energy, pizzaz, get up 'n go into my daily life. It also helps ground me. This color therapy can be done with any color, as long as it's associations are specifically meaningful to the goal. The idea is to inundate myself with life giving color, and balance it with dashes of the opposite color on a color wheel. Balance is important.

I started out with a few things on-hand: red candles, a red votive holder, and a can of cherry red spray paint. I painted a small cauldron, a wooden serving tray to carry all the items, and a storage box. Red glitter was liberally used. I had on hand a few sparkling, red ornaments, bits and bobs, bottles and jars. If an object couldn't take paint I attached a string of red beads on red cord. A red bandana became the altar cloth. Red stones such as red Jasper, carnelian, garnet, & both red & green aventurine are strategically placed around the house.

In my kitchen I pulled out a red coffee mug and plate and red/green striped towels. Anything red was put to use and given pride of place. I added red glitter to the sand in my incense burner, added a red throw pillow on the sofa, and used a red pen for daily journaling. I drink V8 juice and scatter tomatoes in my green salads. Wear red socks, red jewelry.

It's a perpetual, on going spell and has been a safe and quite effective energy boost.
Silentfeather
Banned Member

Re: Red therapy

Post by Silentfeather »

The color that works well for me is green, but I suppose it depends on what you need, green is healing,nature,like connecting to the heart as well (heart Chakra)
Sinopa Oak

Post by Sinopa Oak »

That's a really interesting idea! Maybe I'll try it with my school supplies. :D
Zombiedaisy

Post by Zombiedaisy »

That's a really interesting idea! I might have to give this a try... However I feel drawn to a few colors.... Maybe I could incorporate both?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

It's a way to learn color's effects, so for this purpose I use one color at a time as primary and a few dashes of the opposite color for balance. Maybe separate areas for different colors, so they aren't directly mixed would be a way to use more than one color.

I also did a series of altars, each devoted to a different color. It alerted me to magical uses of color. It was surprisingly intense.
Zombiedaisy

Post by Zombiedaisy »

That makes more sense. One color at a time it is then. :D
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Something I have to add is a reminder of maintaining elemental balance when working with magic. Balance is easily established by introducing the opposite. In this case, on a color wheel the opposite of red is green. This keeps things from magically biting you in the butt. So, use a main color as the focal point, but add touches of it's opposite as a safeguard. I did that with the color altars I'd experimented with and had no trickle down after effects.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”