E-Book of Shadows

Start your own thread named "[Name's] Book of Shadows" and add spells, rituals, correspondences, music, videos, etc. that you would like to keep for future use or share with others. Use as many posts as you'd like. It's not private, but at least your family won't see it. You can also get ideas from other people's Books of Shadows.
Katrinkah

E-Book of Shadows

Post by Katrinkah »

Hey guys,

So I found a super cool app for Wicca! It comes with some pre-programmed stuff such as, rituals, consecrations, sabbats, herbs, talismans/amulets, well you can see in the pic. But its all editable and can be personalized. You can even have your Book of Shadows in it. And the entries can be exported as and e-mail or other types of documents if you want a printed copy or to share with someone. Also, the entries can be rearranged easily so you can organize it to your liking. I'm pretty excited about it. It even tells you what phase the moon is in and when the next new moon/full moons are and the app will add stuff to your calendar. I know its totally untraditional and that handwritten stuff carries more energy, buuuuuuuut its way easy and organized :P Anybody else using this or another type of electronic Book of Shadows?
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Fae

Re: E-Book of Shadows

Post by Fae »

I'm totally jealous, that app is awesome!!

Sadly for me in this instance, I went with a Windows phone. I honestly do enjoy it most of the time, and can get the majority of what I do done (mostly online shopping, reading books, etc), but they're pretty limited in the variety of apps they offer. I guess that is my trade off for spending less than $100 on a brand new touch screen smartphone with front and rear cameras. I guess compromise is what it's all about though.

Enough of my whining though! I hope you get to enjoy your new app to the fullest!
Katrinkah

Post by Katrinkah »

Thanks! It's actually on my iPad, dunno if they have one for phones. Maybe there is something similar for the computer? Don't computers have apps now? Lol. I'm not very tech savvy...
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

Yes, sadly our Win phones don't have great apps. That app looks great! The Win phone app I found and tried to use for this purpose doesn't allow for easy editing and customizing. This one looks very good.
Myrth
Becks

Post by Becks »

That's wonderful. While I don't use technology for my records-I don't believe that there is anything wrong with it. We are practitioners of this time. Why wouldn't we use the tools available? That is such a cool find.
Fae

Post by Fae »

Yes, the Windows apps are definitely limited in variety, but I have mostly enjoyed my experience so far. The few apps I do use are pretty good quality, so I really can't complain.

And I'm pretty tech challenged myself, but I think computers these days do actually have apps. It probably depends on what operating system you have, I'm going to have to delve in on that next time I have some free time to explore my devices
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Is this on Android or just Iphone?
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Katrinkah

Post by Katrinkah »

I'm not sure I have it on my iPad. Maybe there is something similar? This one is called Wicca Plus.
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

It makes me want to trade in my phone! :surprisedwitch:
Myrth
WiccanWitch

Post by WiccanWitch »

I have the app. It needs a lot of upgrades or changes to be more user friendly especially the journal section but it's a solid start.
Katrinkah

Post by Katrinkah »

WiccanWitch wrote:I have the app. It needs a lot of upgrades or changes to be more user friendly especially the journal section but it's a solid start.
Yeah my journal didn't work in there either! I thought it was my iPad. I deleted it and created a new one and then it worked fine though.
manshin

Post by manshin »

Aw, wish it was ported to android.
Korean Sorceress/Shaman 만신; witch; Kemetic Orthodoxy
*I do not follow any (Neo)Wiccan beliefs.
WiccanWitch

Post by WiccanWitch »

If you want just a journal where you can create custom tags for easier searching, add media, even password lock it or share as a feed Momento 2 is a fantastic app. Not free but I've used the first version and am now on the second. The first version is plenty adequate too. Also only Apple sadly but Day One is also not a bad app and I believe swings both ways. Haha.
Ethereal Moon Rose

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

That's neat. Does anyone know of any similar apps for android?

Return to “Member's Books of Shadows”