Question about older topics

If you have a suggestion or comment about the board you can share it here.
Fae

Question about older topics

Post by Fae »

Hi, hope this is the right spot for me to post this.

I've been reading through some older topics recently, and looked through the rules and didn't see anything. What's the policy on reviving dead threads? There was a post from about a year ago that asked about personal relationships other witches had and when/if they told people in their lives about their spirituality/religion. The topic interests me, as I'd like to post my own experiences and maybe discuss it with others.

But I'm curious, should I post on the existing topic or start a new thread? Any forum I've been a part of has rules/guidelines on this, and I'm just wondering what the stance is here at eutm?

Thanks!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Question about older topics

Post by Firebird »

Good question.
I think if it seems very pertinent to what you are experiencing then it should be ok.
One thing you can check to see if it has been a very long while since the op has logged in and then you can get a sense if they may return to see your reply, otherwise start a new thread.
If it has been years and years the chances of it being read by the op is slim to none.
With relationships things change and a long response to some issue that has likely moved on or been resolved is a waste of your time and does clutter the top of the board.
Thanks for asking.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Fae

Post by Fae »

Awesome, thank you for the quick answer. It was very helpful, and a good guide to keep in mind for future posts and topics.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

:D
You're welcome
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

If someone starts a new thread, and it turns out to almost duplicate an existing and active thread, the mod team can merge the threads. We try to minimize interference, but judicious housekeeping keeps the dust bunnies in line.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Fae

Post by Fae »

SnowCat wrote:If someone starts a new thread, and it turns out to almost duplicate an existing and active thread, the mod team can merge the threads. We try to minimize interference, but judicious housekeeping keeps the dust bunnies in line.

Snow
Thank you for elaborating that, it's definitely useful information. I appreciate you both taking the time to answer my noob questions :D
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Yeah, just check the date of the original post. There've been people posting, like, "Girl, if I were you, I would leave that guy..." And the mods are like, dude, that post is like ten years old. lol

But definitely post on an old thread, why not. And if there is some locked thread, and you reeeeeaally just have to post on it, let one of us know and we could unlock it. I forgot the reason older threads get locked (I know it's a housekeeping thing, but I can't remember what that is exactly), but the owner, Star Witch, is not absolute about it, though she does like the really old threads locked for the most part.

Thanks.

Fae

Post by Fae »

Kassandra wrote:.

Yeah, just check the date of the original post. There've been people posting, like, "Girl, if I were you, I would leave that guy..." And the mods are like, dude, that post is like ten years old. lol

But definitely post on an old thread, why not. And if there is some locked thread, and you reeeeeaally just have to post on it, let one of us know and we could unlock it. I forgot the reason older threads get locked (I know it's a housekeeping thing, but I can't remember what that is exactly), but the owner, Star Witch, is not absolute about it, though she does like the really old threads locked for the most part.

Thanks.

Haha haha oh man that's kinda funny. The post I was actually checking out was from this time last year I believe, and more open ended than asking for advice. If I remember correctly it was more of a sharing type topic where The op asked about other people's experiences telling friends/family/so about your beliefs, and how they handled it. I noticed that most of the people I've seen on the forums didn't partake in that discussion, and it's a topic that interests me and plays a huge part in all of our lives I think.

But I wouldn't put it past myself to try offering someone love advice they needed five years ago after I've had a long day. Sometimes I just skip over the details lol. But thanks for sharing about unlocking older posts too, that's useful to know, since I've found myself several years back in my random searches.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I love answering a post that seems to be of dire importance to someone, then discovering, after sufficient sleep, that it's ancient history. Like it was at least four relationships ago for the poster. At least we know we're not just bots answering these things.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Fae

Post by Fae »

SnowCat wrote:I love answering a post that seems to be of dire importance to someone, then discovering, after sufficient sleep, that it's ancient history. Like it was at least four relationships ago for the poster. At least we know we're not just bots answering these things.

Snow
I know exactly what you mean! Especially when it is of a highly personal nature, and you open up about yourself to share your insight...just to realize that said person might not even read a word of it, or care anymore.

Return to “Suggestions/Comments”