Can An Empath Lift Energy from a Photo?

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Greek_Male_Witch

Can An Empath Lift Energy from a Photo?

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Hello, this might sound like a weird question but let me explain. I'm an empath, every mood can affect me, especially the bad ones. Anyway I have noticed that I can do tarot readings either by knowing your name or by seeing a photo of yours.
What I want to ask is a little bit different though, I was seeing an article, which had "bizarre" photos, they were photos of people minutes before they got murdered. One specific photo left this imprint on me and I can't get it out. I don't know if you're familiar with Travis Alexander case, I wasn't until today, that I saw his photo, and automatically I felt helpless and also that what was happening was unfair, it wasn't my feelings! Why would I feel like this from a photo? I think I imprinted the feelings of this man...and now I want to ask how the hell can I stop feeling them...:(
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Becks

Re: Can An Empath Lift Energy from a Photo?

Post by Becks »

Interesting! Hey GMW. I'm sure that others will weigh in. I'm not empathic, but I do get heavy information and impressions from items through psychometry or clairsentience. When this happens do you feel it is the direct spirit of the man, or an echo? One is active, to my way of thinking, and one is passive.

Depending in which it is, you may awknowledge his spirit, and his pain-say a prayer and light a candle. Explain it is 'now' and that the fear and panic of that moment of pain is no more. Send him love and kindness and the light of peace to guide him home. If this stems from your own internalizing of an echo of what happened, awknowledge it....and ground it and cleanse...let the earth take the echo of suffering from you, close the door, and replace it with a light....

What is your usual way of dealing with strong empathic feelings? How do you control them? I have heard most empathy need to shield and ground extensively, as I have said I am not an empath, and even I need to shield and ground quite a bit.

Let me know how it goes! :)
Greek_Male_Witch

I have to go with an echo, its not a spirit I felt, its just what was imprinted on that man those moments, thats the thing I do nothing, I usually meditate to let the stress go away, I heard about shielding but I cannot manage to do it :(
Greek_Male_Witch

Plus I did a spirit tarot reading on him, and he is well now, he showed me he is with the Goddess (The Source/God whatever you want to call it) he told me he was dead because of an act of revenge, I didn't really got that, I'm not familiar with his case, but he is ok now, he is fine...so its definetely an echo on that photo...
Becks

Post by Becks »

Have a look through the forums, and I'm sure there's something written, and if not we can start a thread on the various ways people shield. It is a skill that takes practice. Grounding is different from shielding. It is taking that built up energy and letting it go, or sinking into the ground, an object or whatever works for you. Think of static electricity or what lightening does when the charge builds. Both skills would be crucial for an empath' magical/personal energetic hygiene. One is protecting yourself and the other is getting rid of excess build up when it happens. These things happen to almost everyone.
Greek_Male_Witch

I will search the forums, thanks! :)
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

I am both an empath and clairsentient. I am not sure which makes me able to pick up emotion and other things from pictures but yes. .. It can happen.
Greek_Male_Witch

It had shaken me to the core, I won't be looking at pictures like that for a long time.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

I am an empath and I have experienced this as well. When someone takes a photo, they capture an echo of that moment. Whether bad or good you can pick up on those emotions.

Blessed Be :flyingwitch:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Greek_Male_Witch

So it was a bad idea to watch those photos in that article...:( they said "there's something really wrong with this photos" and as a curious gemini, I clicked!
mangosandy82

Post by mangosandy82 »

I picked up from that lady that if she doesnt get her way you better watch out. I could be wrong but thats just what I felt. I also didnt like her either. I feel sorry for them. I can pick up behavior patterns just by reading someone. I am an empath as well.
SilverWort

Post by SilverWort »

Greek_Male_Witch wrote:So it was a bad idea to watch those photos in that article...:( they said "there's something really wrong with this photos" and as a curious gemini, I clicked!
Like me, Gemini, curious and empathic. In my case, Reiki initiation gives me a way to protect myself from negative emotions around me. Later, I learn to manage emotions and transmute them at will.

An example, an angry big dog running to you, you have fear, a lot, so transmute this emotion to the one you want, taking advantage of all the emotional energy generated, more fear = more courage, serenity, what you need, when you transmute it.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I have used photos to connect with the person or the location featured, so I'm sure an empathic person like you can do so. To break the link, do standard grounding exercises.
Last edited by SpiritTalker on Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit for brevity

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”