Feeling spirits around me

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
RinRin1985

Feeling spirits around me

Post by RinRin1985 »

Hello all! I just wish to confirm something. I've been delving into spirit contact for a while now. It is part of my Wiccan rituals and part of my daily life. I've always felt connected to the dead, and always in a good way. I've had many paranormal experiences and am a firm believer in the influence that spirit has in our lives.

Now, again, I have lots of experience, however I am human and I find myself doubting if what I'm feeling and experiencing is truly happening. I wonder....am I just hoping so much that it WILL happen, my mind plays tricks on me? But then the next time I contact, I feel that it is so very real. I go back and forth like this all the time. I am very influenced and motivated by science. I'm a "need to see it to believe it" type of person. And yet, here I am, a witch, and contacting the dead on a regular basis. How contradicting it seems!!!! Sometimes I feel guilty for having any doubts whatsoever.

I call myself a firm believer, but then I have those instances where I'm doubting.

My question is....how can I affirm myself in my beliefs? I know it all has to do with my own insecurities and way of thinking, but I'm not sure how to strengthen my own affirmations. I'm sure it's all very normal, but I feel ashamed that I doubt. :(
Does anyone else experience these feelings? How do you handle them and focus yourself?

Thank you very much for reading!!

RinRin
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Feeling spirits around me

Post by SnowCat »

I feel your insecurity. I routinely interact with the spirit world, but sometimes I wonder if it's real, or if it's just me. Then something happens that verifies it for me. I remember describing a boyfriend's grandmother's bedroom to him. Right down to the bentwood rocker. He was quite unnerved. We were in Denver, and the bedroom in question was in Utah. I don't have any written in stone rules for knowing when it's real. Sometimes I have written in pencil rules. Those can be erased when something changes.

I think wanting it, helps make it happen. When you want it, you're more open to it, so it's easier. Try to trust in what feels right. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

I don't know how to help cement your feeling of it being " real". I know I don't SEE spirits , I'm clairsentient and am empath. I pick up emotions from places and things.. But, I DO know when I am connecting with someone. Even when I hear them speaking .. The voice in my head sounds like a thought in my own " voice" in my head. .. I e done this with many passed relatives .

Use your gifts .. Practice makes perfect. It's tuning them in when you use them.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

RinRin1985 wrote:I find myself doubting if what I'm feeling and experiencing is truly happening...I go back and forth like this all the time...Sometimes I feel guilty for having any doubts whatsoever...Does anyone else experience these feelings? How do you handle them and focus yourself?
I was taught don't focus on your self, that that's the worse thing you could do; rather, just express what you get, and then move on, don't think about it any more:

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... ml#p237436

jaybirdblue

Post by jaybirdblue »

I dont know, I think that critically thinking about what your experiencing can be a good thing. Granted, if you are intentionally calling out and asking to have a conversation with something in your own environment or somewhere you're familiar with, then yea, just let that happen. But if you're caught off guard or are in a place you arent somewhere youre used to, then take it with a grain of salt.
There isnt anything wrong with debunking something. Sure, sometimes it stinks when you get all exited when you truly think you've been touched or felt the temperature change when you really just bumped into something and your wife turned on the AC. That can make you feel silly and doubt yourself, but I think that's what makes the genuine stuff so much better. Because yea, sometimes our minds play tricks on us and we make connections that aren't there, but that doesn't mean that all paranormal events are automatically bunk. The mundane happening now and then doesn't make the supernatural not exist, it just makes us work a little harder to find the genuine article.
Having experiences that you doubt now and then is totally normal and healthy. But i bet you have one or two experiences that you can think of off the top of your head that you know were true right? Having doubts now and then doesn't negate those ones that you've had before or the ones you'll have in the future. Doubt isnt anything to be ashamed of, it just means you're taking a step back to actually look at something a bit harder.
RinRin1985

Post by RinRin1985 »

Thank you everyone! I'm glad I'm not the only one...and you all make really great points!! :) I won't let my doubts stop me from pursuing! :)

RinRin
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I see spirits. I didn't know, when I was a child, that not everyone does. I guess that particular ability runs in my family, though it was never a topic of conversation. Just stay open to using your abilities. Don't be afraid to make a mistake.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”