Star Dream

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Star Dream

Post by Silversong »

Most of my dreams aren't meaningful; they're just my brain playing with adventures (and usually trying to kill me). But this one, from the moment I transitioned from the previous dream to this one, felt instinctively important somehow. I woke up, sat up, and immediately grabbed for pencil and paper to write it down. This dream occurred on Samhain night, after holding my darkest and clearest amethyst (the one that is on my altar) in my right hand and Aziren (Ozzie for short), my green stone dragon, in my left. I had practiced visualization with Ozzie just before going to bed. Ozzie, for those of you who don't know, told me when I synched our energies that he is here to help me "open my eyes and see," and he refused to sync with me until I did just that, opening my eyes and looking at him instead of connecting with my eyes closed like I usually do. I can't help but feel like he helped bring me this dream. After writing this down this morning, I went over to my mini-altar and looked at him for a long moment, picked him up, thanked him quietly, and set him back down again.

The first thing I remember is going across the street (small gravel street) to the neighbor's house for some reason, accompanied by ~15-20 other people, mixed boys and girls. I think I was aware very quickly that one of my closest friends, whom I'll call Yonah here (the one who found me crying in the bathroom, for those of you who've read my intro thread and/or my subconscious programming thread), was with me, but I didn't realize some of my other friends were in the group as well until a little later. I don't know why we were going to that neighbor's house, except maybe they weren't there, because none of us lived on the property. I do remember that we were all a little concerned about getting caught by the other neighbors, because we were all sneaking on the way over. Once we were in their backyard, though - they have a very large backyard - a box appeared out of apparently nowhere (maybe she pulled it out from somewhere; I don't know) and Yonah pulled quartz crystals out of it, mostly about the size of my thumb. Every person got one crystal, including her and me. Most of them were clear quartz, but a few were orange/yellow. The crystals were partially to help with clear sight, but mostly they were part of a don't-see-me spell so the other neighbors didn't freak.

I'll break in here for a moment and say that I don't know why Yonah was leading this whole thing. She's firmly and decidedly Christian, although apparently the Sight (especially the ability to see auras) runs in the women of her family, and her mother, her sisters, and her all have it, and this was definitely a Craft thing. But Yonah was definitely the one running the whole operation.

I was wearing a witch hat, the one I wore last night for trick-or-treating, as it happens (well, used as a candy bag, actually, since we lost my bag). It kept falling in my face or off the back of my head like it didn't fit quite right, but I didn't want to take it off for some reason. Possibly my brain had registered that it was meant as a cone of power, since that fact did flit through my mind at one point, but I don't know that that was it. I also felt as though I were in ritual garb (which is odd, because I don't have ritual garb at this point in my life), but I couldn't see what I was wearing. I just felt deep in my bones that the whole thing was magickal.

As the crystals were being handed out, they seemed to illuminate peoples' faces somewhat, though the light didn't shine from the crystals, per se - more like it became easier to see who people were once they received their crystal. I saw Red first, a Wiccan friend of mine, then a boy in my class who I frankly don't think much of and don't like much (I remember thinking that it was really, really odd that he should appear in a dream of mine, since I already knew I was dreaming), then Flame, which surprised me as well, because while she's quite fed up with the Christian faith at this point (mostly because of her father, the local Lutheran pastor), she's certainly not a Witch. Flame's appearance also surprised me a bit because we've been on somewhat rocky terms lately for reasons I don't know - we're clearing that up today; apparently it's a long explanation better saved for IRL than text, but she felt bad that she made me feel like she was shutting me out when I finally brought it up to her. Our eyes met, we seemed to come to a silent agreement - though I couldn't tell you what that agreement was, per se - and both of us looked away, which made me slightly uncomfortable, but I didn't feel like we were upset with each other, at least, which is something. I remember that a few people were complaining about the crystals they got, and Yonah was really irritated with them for it because they weren't paying attention to the important things. (I should note that I heard the guy who's playing Titus in the current play, The Curious Savage, but I'm fairly sure that was just my brain pulling up random voices, because I didn't see his face.)

We spread out across the yard, some in groups or twos or threes, but a few (like me) alone. Yonah was with me for a few seconds, but then she vanished, and I don't think I saw or heard her again for the rest of the dream. I do remember that people were talking, and it was really annoying me, because they were defeating the whole purpose of this - whatever that was - but then I looked up at the moon and forgot everything else. It was a full moon, bigger than I've ever seen it (which isn't saying much), and something flew in from the left underneath it, slowed waaaay down to arc around it, and then dashed off again in the same direction it had came from - it was a white light that left a long streak in the air, but I knew it wasn't artificial. At first I thought it was a shooting star, but the way it moved, there's no way. I have no idea what it was. There were, however three or four meteors I did see streak across the sky.

The sky was more populated with stars than I've ever seen it, which is saying something, because I live way out in the country where you can see thousands if not millions of stars when the sky's clear. But there were hundreds more than I've ever seen, whole galaxies, and the colors - red, yellow, blue. It was amazing, and there was more. I could see figures moving in the sky, and the longer I looked, the more I could see. I don't remember everything I saw, but I'll tell you what I do remember:
In the north, at the horizon, I saw a dark hand reaching up to touch the sky from the earth - not a silhouette; I could see the details of the wrinkling at the knuckles and the fingernails. I remember thinking, "the Earth still yearns to touch the sky," first thinking of Gaea and Ouranos, but then remembering the Egyptian Geb and Nut and thinking it might be them. I looked away and looked back, and the details were gone, leaving only a blurry silhouette.
In the northeast, for only a few seconds, there was a white light that gathered into a familiar figure - a witch, complete with a pointy hat, but whom I knew instantly was real, and deserved respect, for she was one who had gone before. I swept off my own hat and gave her a half bow, and when I straightened again, she was gone. I smiled a half-smile, feeling almost as though I had earned her approval somehow.

I'm curious to know what people think of this dream, and what it might mean - especially who that figure might have been, whether she was a goddess or a spirit of the Witches gone before us.
Becks

Re: Star Dream

Post by Becks »

Last night was a powerful night and we were all connecting to the divine (the earth, the sky, and all of the miracles in it). My impression? You tapped into the collective unconscious of your spiritual community, and yes, your spiritual community consists of your bestie, who identifies as Christian (but as you know the world is a wild and wonderful place and much bigger than our labels...as you say she's Christain and has the gift of sight) there were people you don't know and people you haven't met.....For all you know your brain could have sensed me and others from here. I think your brain chose symbols you are comfortable with...the crystals to link the people in your dream....in a way we do move across the land together...United, but different.

I think the hand and the witch are elements of the earth and the ancestors as you say-shaped as your brain would choose. Our brains pick symbolism that suits us.

Does that make sense? You're part of a community and last night was the numero uno for astral travel, movement, worship, and the great veil being thin.

Rock on I say. Nice vision!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

My impression, Silver, is that you were tapping into another plane of existence, or another time line. I kept hearing echoes from past events in my life last night before I fell asleep. Nothing really important, just random pop-ups. Thanks for sharing your experience with us Silver.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Last night was a night of connecting to ancestors. You may have connected to your strongest ancestor who happens to have your same beliefs.

Also ... This dream is telling you to pay attention to your intuition. Those you think could help in your path will be the least likely to do so. Those who you would never suspect of being a help to you will surprise you and be more help than you could ever have imagined. You also could be giving a nod to YOUR INNER SELF in its grandest form. .. The form that connects to the matter ( and antimatter) it is related to. .. To the sibling stars it was birthed with. .. And from.

Don't give too much energy to those who don't understand or appreciate you in your everyday life. They don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. They are the type of people who give negativity to the most beautiful of situations and you shouldn't waste yourself on their negative energy. Look into lightwork and Ascension. .. You are a daughter of the stars, after all.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I love star dreams. They always leave me feeling very happy.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Silversong

Post by Silversong »

Mrsdavid, it is actually really freaky that you should say that right now. I just yesterday talked to a friend, my Flame, as I mentioned before, and... shall we say, she is distancing herself from me on purpose. There are apparently things about my personality she considers "moody," "snappish," and, when I boil it down with all my knowledge of how she works words when she's upset and trying not to hurt someone, I think she feels I'm somewhat immature and childish. And I am, in some ways, though "immature" would not be how I would put it - I'm not interested in boys, or makeup; I don't really care much if my clothing is considered in style, and I really don't put much stock in what our classmates think of me because frankly, I don't think much of most of them. I don't want to suppress my animal self... she's what makes me brave. I don't want to lose my wordless sounds - where else am I to turn when words fail. I don't want to silence the voices... they're what keep me sane, the ones who remind me of the other side of life to keep me balanced, the ones who make me laugh and smile at things no one else can see or hear, and they're a part of me too. I cried yesterday, for a while, but after a long talk with Mom, I made my decision: I still love her, but I cannot, will not, change the very things I love most about myself, the things that make me me, for another... not even my sister-in-all-but-blood.

So yes, I think you are very right in your interpretation of that dream... I was thinking about Flame for a good long while before Sunday morning when we talked, and I think my subconscious was perhaps warning me, preparing me.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Yes. And sometimes no matter HOW much we adore someone, they are meant to be out of our lives... Either temporarily or permanently because your path is ready to change. Usually for the better... Especially if this person doesn't appreciate what makes you completely original and YOU. You've outgrown them on a spiritual level.

A person who communicates without words is using a higher level of intelligence.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

( also. You are sensitive to the other side of the "hedge". Embrace that, ma friend. It's rare )
Silversong

Post by Silversong »

I know. *sigh* But it hurts. It hurts very much.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Don't I know this. * hugs*
Silversong

Post by Silversong »

*hugs*

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”