How do I learn how to scry?

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Suhrt

How do I learn how to scry?

Post by Suhrt »

How do you do all of this? So if I get a mirror for scrying I would have to do all that too? O_O
Becks

Re: Scrying Pain?

Post by Becks »

Hey Suhurt, are you able to be more specific about your question? What kind of scrying are you particularly interested in? The mirror work? Regardless, any tool used for scrying should be cleansed, consecrated and protected. Lots of ways to do that so let us know if you have a specific question. :)
Suhrt

Re: Scrying

Post by Suhrt »

I have never done this, but I would like to, how can I learn?
Becks

Re: How do I learn how to scry?

Post by Becks »

I'm still unclear as to what you mean. Are you talking about scrying with mirrors specifically?

Scrying is the art or 'seeing' or allowing your eyes to relax and connect to the part of yourself that will intuit messages (some would say it's your HGA, higher self, subconscious, or even that it's not coming from you) to project meaning onto the medium (in this case the item that you have chosen) to discern messages. Many folks use the term in reference to multiple reflective surfaces, Crystal balls, mirrors (People have always attached great significance to mirrors), and pools of water (outside or in bowls)...heck, I've done it in a black pool of soy sauce. It's not the medium looking at the medium-it's the message. *silly pun* :surprisedwitch:

Some people even use the term scry to refer to other forms of divination like reading tea leaves, or using the clouds or whatnot-I do, but I think that's a bit lazy on my part. Technically those forms of divination are not the reflective surface type.

So I would suggest a few things.

1) think about which kind of scrying or divination you are interested in
2) check some of the old threads here first. I know this place has to be loaded with good info.
3) go beyond the forum and read or google a bit first and then let me know what you're thinking.

Alternately, someone might just intuit what you specifically mean and just jump in. That's cool too.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Smoke is a favorite of mine.

I am like you, though. I see symbolism in EVERYTHING.
Becks

Post by Becks »

Smoke! Yes. Excellent addition. Staring into fires and candle flames also works.
sillyoldman

Post by sillyoldman »

I like using the embers of a dying fire.
just a silly old man who knows nothing and has everything to learn.
Becks

Post by Becks »

So powerful. The shapes and movement are incredible. That makes a lot of sense.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Yes! @sillyoldman. Pieces glow and draw attention to what is more prominent in importance. Love ember work.

Return to “General Divination”