There is a Presence in my Home

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
TheWhiteWitch

There is a Presence in my Home

Post by TheWhiteWitch »

This is actually my fiancee's home, but ever since I've been staying there I've noticed there are certain spots in the house that send my nerves on edge. For the first few months I would just hurry and sometimes hop past them. I felt crazy and kept these feelings to myself. Sometimes, I would even see a dark figure at the top of the stairs. Half a year after being there, my fiancee told me he felt the same way about the same spots. This went on for about another half year until recently, things have gotten scary. We were cooking in the kitchen and the light switches (which were hard to switch) suddenly turned themselves off. We shrugged it off and turned them back on, but this kept happening until we were done cooking. This still happens, but only at night. The second time something happened was when we were the only two in the house and I could hear my fiancee down stairs cooking while I was in the bathroom. As I heard the faucet run the doorknob to the bathroom started opening. I don't spook easily. In fact, I can be pretty short tempered when I am doing something and some sort of presence is being distracting. It didn't take long before doors started opening and slamming shut, the cats were scared, and there were booming noises in the house. We see shadows more often and when walking down stairs you get a feeling like something is about to push you down. I don't think whatever this is, is a friendly spirit. I also don't think I will be able to get rid of it alone. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking of wearing protective crystals or trying a blessing.
bluejay_1919

Re: There is a Presence in my Home

Post by bluejay_1919 »

Hi there!! So I'm not an expert but I have a lot of experience with spirits & haunting of all kinds. Have you ever just called out to it and demanded it to stop? I know that seems silly, but I've had some stop after commanding & demanding a presence to stop. If that doesn't work, I would definitely smudge your home. You need to show them, in a respectable nature, that you're the boss of your home. Sometimes spirits are just messing with us, or seriously want our attention. Of course there are some that are definitely scary and come into our homes to haunt & control things...but most of the time I find that spirits are confused or just wanting a little attention.

Smudging has always helped my home and my children and I. I take control and speak out as I do all rooms, hallways, closets & corners. I make sure I'm respectful, ( sometimes it's been a child spirit or a loved one, trying to make its presence known) but I don't let them see that I'm scared while I smudge.

I also have amethyst & malachite that stays next to my bed and my daughters as we both tend to be the most sensitive to spirits.

Now I'm not a Wiccan or claim any religion. I'm very spiritual though. But when things got out of hand in our home we moved out of about 2 years ago, we had a Wiccan & her husband come and smudge our home and banish a spirit attached to my daughters doll. I didn't feel comfortable at that point in doing it myself or even being in the house with my children while she did it. So that may be something to think about, if it gets to the point that you know it's absolutely something of a dark nature.

Also after I smudge with sage, I like to open the windows the next day and burn lavender incense as well as listening to Tibetan Singing Bowls. The sound is very energy clearing.
TheWhiteWitch

Post by TheWhiteWitch »

Thank you Bluejay,

I will try asking it to leave. My fiancee is not so interested in smudging the house, but I will look into the crystals. I have tried talking to it in sort of an emotionless way. I will just vaguely speak out loud and tell it to stop. We believe it is someone who has passed away in the house. I do not let it know that I get scared, but my fiancee is not good at that. He panics fairly easily and has been calling me at his side every time something strange happens.
I love candles and incense. I like to burn them during yoga or just to start my mornings.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

You could try greeting it and asking what it needs. It may feel like you're the intruder, or it may just want to be acknowledged.

SnowCat
Daughter of Sekhmet
Clairsentient_Wolf

Post by Clairsentient_Wolf »

TheWhiteWitch wrote:This is actually my fiancee's home, but ever since I've been staying there I've noticed there are certain spots in the house that send my nerves on edge. For the first few months I would just hurry and sometimes hop past them. I felt crazy and kept these feelings to myself. Sometimes, I would even see a dark figure at the top of the stairs. Half a year after being there, my fiancee told me he felt the same way about the same spots. This went on for about another half year until recently, things have gotten scary. We were cooking in the kitchen and the light switches (which were hard to switch) suddenly turned themselves off. We shrugged it off and turned them back on, but this kept happening until we were done cooking. This still happens, but only at night. The second time something happened was when we were the only two in the house and I could hear my fiancee down stairs cooking while I was in the bathroom. As I heard the faucet run the doorknob to the bathroom started opening. I don't spook easily. In fact, I can be pretty short tempered when I am doing something and some sort of presence is being distracting. It didn't take long before doors started opening and slamming shut, the cats were scared, and there were booming noises in the house. We see shadows more often and when walking down stairs you get a feeling like something is about to push you down. I don't think whatever this is, is a friendly spirit. I also don't think I will be able to get rid of it alone. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking of wearing protective crystals or trying a blessing.
I would try burning some incense and take the kind that is on a long stick, not the cones. Light it and walk around the house so that the smoke from the incense is caught in the air in every room, especially your private bedroom. I find Lavender to be the best for me, it calms me and at the same time makes me feel less nervous and more comfortable.

There is a kind that I also love the smell of called Dragon's Blood (you can find these in any basic store like Wally World or Target but there are obviously more to choose from at a head shop). The Dragon's Blood scent is very pungent and seems to offend my family SO that means it probably will offend any spirits in your house.

I burn my incense near my front door and close my door for the most part (when I need to be alone and in the dark) so that it circulates and when I do open my door, it's almost like feeling a warm breeze from behind you leave the room so blame it on the incense but that to me means these spirits that are lost (and need to cross over if you want to call it that) or evil and drawing me towards temptation have left my personal space.

Writing down your own prayer and reciting it, calling upon our God and Goddess, will help you out also. Trust me, I'm getting good at writing prayers xD
Strong men run into battle and destroy their foes;
Wise men wait for their foes to destroy themselves.
TheWhiteWitch

Post by TheWhiteWitch »

I would like to thank everyone, you have been a big help(:
He is moving in with me so, it will no longer be worrisome. Everything actually started mellowing down. I grew more respectful than fearful in the end and took a lot of advice from quite a few people.

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”