Is a desert rose good?

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Dionysus

Is a desert rose good?

Post by Dionysus »

Hi friends,
Would like to know if a desert rose is good as a 'crystal' or for a wand. :)
In Malta we don't have Wicca stores so you need to use what you find in a sense.

Thanks
Blessed be!
New witch!
Hildegard

Re: Is a desert rose good?

Post by Hildegard »

Desert rose is a very powerful stone for magickal workings, especially those relating to fire or using the energy of fire, due to its origins in a lightning strike. It is a catalyst for change, helping to clear away redundancy in life - good for when you feel "stuck in a rut." Its power for transformation, which is the essential nature of most magick, is immense.

Since it has a rosette shape rather than a focused point, I personally would not use it as the tip of a wand. However, there is no reason a wand should necessarily have a crystal tip, or even that you should need a wand to work magick!

Though its most powerful association is with fire, the desert rose is a stone, symbolizing earth; born of lightning, symbolizing fire; which in turn is born from the storm, combining wind and water. It could thus be seen as a fusion of those four elements and signify any or all at a particular moment - very suitable for rituals and spellwork.

Best wishes for your practice! Blessed Be.
Becks

Post by Becks »

Hi Dionysus. In my experience with desert rose I get a much softer loving and nurturing/gentle healing energy-rather like a loving mother-hug. For me it goes to my heart. I can reference, but I think it is derived from gypsum and that is used as an insulator. That's where I get the "hug" vibe from I think. For me it is unlike selenite which the strands all align and conduct the energy in on focused ray. Desert rose aligns in many directions and I feel the energy travels as such....softly, diffusing, in many directions. For that reason it would not be my personal choice for a wand.

I guess it depends on what you want for a wand. I personally don't use a wand; I'm a pointer finger girl. I have used a long clear Quartz Crystal to direct and focus that energy.

Now, this is important....NONE of what I have said matters at all. NOT ONE BIT!! When you choose what you feel drawn to work with for the purpose of your wand go with it. I believe people are guided, and if that's what you are called to use for that purpose then so be it.

I also have a different take on the stone from Finn du Lac, and that's okay. What matters most is how the stone makes you feel....what is your relationship to the stone? How does it make you feel?
Dionysus

Post by Dionysus »

To be honest, it feels great, so energetic :)
Blessed be!
New witch!
Becks

Post by Becks »

That's terrific news. Then be sure to rock that stuff! :lol:
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

It can be quite fragile, that depending on the size
of the rosette. I keep two on my alter.
I put Obsidian pebbles on the rosewood wands I