ROLL CALL!

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

ROLL CALL!

Post by Seraphin »

According to our forum statistics, as of today, we have 83 users active over the last 24 hours however there are actually very few people who post and a lot just prefer to lurk.

So people! Wake up! We know you have something to contribute there! Don't be scared to post, we all start somewhere. If you think that you aren't that knowledgeable enough to post, well you're wrong, you may have thoughts, insights, ideas and experiences there that we haven't heard about, you don't have to be a writer to start posting.

We know we all love this place and BECAUSE there's still so much to talk about, we shouldn't just "lurk" anymore. Lest even Stop "lurking", Start "speaking up"-- it's about time.

As I said before on LifeAura's blog, don't feel intimated! Get out of our comfort zone and be active! Try now to:
  • Become a guide. I believe the best-guided folks are the least arrogant and ignorant. Take opportunities to share your experiences and knowledge with others; you might just inspire others, motivate, enlighten, and change people’s minds when you do.
  • Educate yourself. It's never too late to educate ourselves, and become more effective advocates for ourselves and our spirituality. Ask anything reasonable.
  • Speak out. When you read something and you agree and/or respectfully disagree, speak out. Its great to have an involved discussion.
  • Socialize and connect your wider spiritual community. You don't have to be alone in your journey. Connecting with other spiritual-minded people can help give you the tools – and courage. Just talk about anything -- your daily housechores, your problems, your favorites, your love life, anything!
So, ROLL CALL! Everyone who is alive and kicking, post something here. This is Activity Check. Remember you don't have to post daily, but if you do try and participate in our games, activities and the whole forum!

Those members who have not posted in some time will find their accounts in EUTM's dumpster and will lose their jobs. Naaahh-- Just kidding. :mrgreen: :lol:

Roll Call so far:

Seraphin
secretisis
Vesca
Aderyn
mustangurl68
Syelraedhel
firebirdflys
Allthepacas
Snowcat
Babybear
Falcon_Heart27
Midnightcrow413
random417
ness
Rosie
Seventhwatcher
cataluna49
KumikuSui
Onyx208
DPhoenix
Thistle
Holdasown
Erydiel
Veronica_Rose
LoneWhiteWolf
Burstfireloki6
spikeychick
willowia
Silversong
Azure Lily
redrumdog4
Elysium
AdastraJunction
SirisDerp
Starri Knytes
Crumbz
YanaKhan
Nala Finai
Draconus
bastetsha
TwilightDancer
Deejean
keria
lavenderweave
Cats and Tea
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
secretisis

Re: ROLL CALL!

Post by secretisis »

I'm new, but really liking the forum. I find myself checking in, lurking and what not for a couple times a day. I've just started looking seriously into Wicca, eclectic Wicca as some things I just don't agree with, but in my opinion, I'd follow the rede of harm none which I think would make someone Wiccan. I also like having a name to my spirituality. I never felt like I belonged to anything, and it feels nice.
Where are the games and activities??? Those sound awesome!
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

*lays out the buffet table with all sorts of sweets, fruits, and chocolatey goodies*

Come, join usssss. ^^
Aderyn

Post by Aderyn »

Hello and good morning~! I've been thinking about this a lot lately - I want to start posting more and letting other members get to know me. I've been struggling with vulnerability as of late.
mustangurl68

Post by mustangurl68 »

Hey. Im new to forums. I joined March 7th and this is my 4th post. Im really enjoying the topics and discussions. I've been an eclectic wiccan for almost a decade. In my spare time when not working I'm a paranormal investigator with a TAPS team. I'm a very private person and its hard for me to share my beliefs or my gifts because i was raised in a household where my mom is an ordained minister.
Blackthorn

Post by Blackthorn »

Sometimes I find threads that I want to post in, but I'm hesitant if it's a necro. Like, I don't want to post in the thread if the last post was a few months ago, even if I have something to add to the discussion. I think this is because I was a part of forums in the past (and ran forums in the past) where this was explicitly against the rules (even if that's not the case here, I still have it hardwired that I should avoid it :P) So, since I'm new, I'm spending a lot of time reading through the forums and the old discussions, but not wanting to revive a thread that died out naturally a couple months ago.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Syelraedhel wrote:Sometimes I find threads that I want to post in, but I'm hesitant if it's a necro. Like, I don't want to post in the thread if the last post was a few months ago, even if I have something to add to the discussion. I think this is because I was a part of forums in the past (and ran forums in the past) where this was explicitly against the rules (even if that's not the case here, I still have it hardwired that I should avoid it :P) So, since I'm new, I'm spending a lot of time reading through the forums and the old discussions, but not wanting to revive a thread that died out naturally a couple months ago.
I don't mind reviving threads, as new information that hadn't come to light earlier can still be useful for people interested in the same topics now. I'd rather revive old friends with new information, than start and restart new threads that simply repeat old questions. At least this way, all the important bits of intel are all together. :)
Blackthorn

Post by Blackthorn »

Vesca wrote:
Syelraedhel wrote:Sometimes I find threads that I want to post in, but I'm hesitant if it's a necro. Like, I don't want to post in the thread if the last post was a few months ago, even if I have something to add to the discussion. I think this is because I was a part of forums in the past (and ran forums in the past) where this was explicitly against the rules (even if that's not the case here, I still have it hardwired that I should avoid it :P) So, since I'm new, I'm spending a lot of time reading through the forums and the old discussions, but not wanting to revive a thread that died out naturally a couple months ago.
I don't mind reviving threads, as new information that hadn't come to light earlier can still be useful for people interested in the same topics now. I'd rather revive old friends with new information, than start and restart new threads that simply repeat old questions. At least this way, all the important bits of intel are all together. :)

That's a fair point :) I will try to be less hesitant to post on older threads in the future, because maybe it will facilitate further discussion!
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Glad to hear it. :) I look forward to the new discussions!
mustangurl68

Post by mustangurl68 »

I'm new to the forum. How do you start a discussion topic?
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

I'm glad you all stop by in here!

*turns on the coffeemaker, adds some coffee and chocolate powder, then fills the slot with water.*

*waits for several minutes, grabs mugs and the entire pot and goes to the table Vesca had set up*

Cafe latte, anyone?

*settles himself in a comfy chair, smiles at the people and starts talking*

secretisis, sometimes its fun to put a name in our spiritual path, I sometimes call my path, Kabbalistic and Chaotic. This is because I'm actually both, and am also a Folk Magick practitioner.

But I'm a hardcore polytheistic panentheist animist too who practices Traditional Witchcraft who actually believes in multiple realities, dimensions and otherworlds and works closely with Angels, Daemons, Dragons and Saints from different cultures and pantheons! :mrgreen:

So to put a name or label on my spirituality, I'll just go with "Me" -- meaning I had my own path which doesn't fully fit anywhere.

And about the games and activities, here's the list:
What Is In The Box?
Which Card?
Draw Card For The Person Above You
Pick The Tarot Card
Bubbling Cauldron: Monthly Spellcrafting Activity
Xiao Rong's Giveaways!

Watch out for more upcoming spell-binding fun!
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Aderyn! Come on! Start posting. We're going to fight this vulner... vul, vulnervaility! That thing will never take you alive! :lol:
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

mustangurl, I understand that. Well you don't need to tell your whoabouts and whereabouts here. Just share some of your knowledge and experience. Me, I don't mind sharing so much, but I do understand how sharing in a forum can be terribly risky. So often someone is ready to pop up and put a few cents' worth of their superiority complex in as 'advice'. Or, as is the 'common wisdom' of the internet:

Normal person + web anonymity + audience = total idiot

But I guarantee you, here in EUTM, it's well worth the risk; I've met some incredible, awesome, loving and understanding people who find ways of being supportive without being obtrusive or presuming.

As for your question about starting a topic, easy -- just click the "NEW TOPIC" button, above left corner of the forum where you want to post your message. :)
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Syelraedhel, tell us your thoughts! We love to hear it! Leave the "lurking gang" now and let's make Starwitch smile!
Seraphin

secretisis

Post by secretisis »

That's fair Seraphin. For so long I always just said that I am solitary eclectic pagan. Which, I would probably still use to be honest. I've always just been drawn to folk magic and traditional witchcraft.
I just don't like ceremonial magic and I always feel like a phony or that I'm trying to direct Hocus Pocus 2. I like simple things like herbs, and crystals, lighting a candle and saying a prayer that doesn't sound like Dr Suess, meditation, things like that.

Return to “For Everyone”