Shield from father and lift a sickness curse upon my mother?

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
Leanna

Shield from father and lift a sickness curse upon my mother?

Post by Leanna »

Hello all,
EDIT:
My father is showing his true colrs more and more and when my mom told him he was sick and needed to go to the shrink to up the meds (he lowered them because of "side effects") he basically told her "and I could say you have CANCER CANCER CANCER and don't you think you'd end up thinking you have it".
Cancer runs in my mom's family so that was horrible cursing and it scared my mom.
I promised her I would lift the curse somehow.
My father is a schizophrenic, and more dangerous than a simple energy vampire.
How can I lift this horrible curse?

Even when she says she's tired he'll guilt her into doing the work for him and he does the same with me and worse. Sadly I have to be in "his" (and my mom's) house 24/7 until I finish college and get a job. I'm doing distance learning (long story, I already went to college the "classic way" for 7 years and that didn't work out). He ruined Christmas, made the whole family angry and sad and is just getting out of control.

I'm a complete beginner and all that I have is a tiny tiger's eye which is probably already exhausted from helping me sleep at night. Yes, I know tiger's eyes aren't usually used for sleeping but that's what I felt this stone's purpose is.

Could someone please teach me how to build a shield around myself or something similar against energy vampires? I need a lot of energy for studying and working through my issues.

I'm okay with having to re-build the shield daily at first, it's fine. I just want to be protected, at least a little, from these attacks.
Thank you very much!
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How can I shield myself from my father (psychic vampire)

Post by Xiao Rong »

Hi Leanna,

I also have a father who is a psychic vampire (also a sociopath and abusive*), although I didn't realize this until way after I had moved out.

My therapist was actually the first one to warn me about my father being a psychic vampire (she is very interested in New Age-y things and energy -- it was very lucky I met her!). She told me that you can visualize psychic vampires as extending their energy above them in a giant hook over their head, looking for someone to latch on to and drain of energy. Particularly, that energetic hook is looking for your dan tian (your energy center or "sea of qi" that sits a few inches below your navel). So there are actually some very simple things you can do to shield yourself from getting hooked, such as turning your body away from him slightly in conversation and not pointing your dan tian at him directly if you can, or perhaps covering your belly with your arms if you're sitting down. There are some other things that I think will help but I haven't tried yet -- keep my back relaxed, focus on the back of my neck when speaking with him, lean backwards away from him (the idea is to focus on your body and center yourself, and don't put too much energy in your head listening to him, so that he can't feed on you).

On a longer-term scale, one of the best things that I have done is to emotionally sever myself from him. Realizing what he is (a sociopath) has helped me realize that a lot of the bullying and name-calling isn't really about me or a reflection of my self-worth, but merely him being the human-shaped monster he is. That's helped me recognize the triggers that he uses to feed on me (hooks in a different sense). Before, whenever he used one of the triggers (like shaming me for not being successful enough by his standards), I would lash out and we'd get in a huge screaming argument, which just served to feed him more. But now I have identified these triggers, I can detach them -- he can try to use them on me, but he's not going to get anything out of it, so he might as well stop trying.

My therapist also suggested visualizing my connection with my father was like a plug running from his dan tian to mine, and to see myself unplugging myself from him so that we don't have that energetic link anymore.

I've contemplated doing some kind of ritual to formally sever the bond with him or to bind him from hurting the rest of my family, but I'm concerned that the latter would take too much energy for me to maintain (although I will do it if he becomes dangerous to others in my family). Similarly, I don't really want to try shielding, since I know that will take too much energy to maintain. I'd prefer to deflect his attacks and use his energy against him, rather than try to hunker down and block his attacks at the expense of a ton of my energy (to use some martial arts metaphors).

Ultimately, the only thing I can do with my sociopath father is to cut him off entirely from me. It's not been completely possible, since other members of my family still remain connected to him, so he can still affect me through them (although much less than before). I'm hoping that in the next few years, my mom and my siblings will detach from him so that I can detach fully (I know my mom and my sister are pretty much done with him). But with some of these measures in place, even when I can't avoid talking to him, the power he has over me has lessened significantly, and he knows it -- now that I'm not easy prey, he's also stopped trying as much too.

Hope that helps!

Xiao

---

* I am of the opinion that, while not all psychic vampires are sociopaths/abusers, all sociopaths and abusers are invariably emotional/psychic vampires (whether they know it or not).
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Leanna

Post by Leanna »

Thank you very much for your advice. My father is schizophrenic, psychologically abusive, and has been on the verge of physically hurting me before. I've been physically pushed a few times but nothing that caused damage beyond being "scared".
He's also a real attention whore and jealous, and for example, for two days in a row when my mom wanted to help me with college work as I really didn't understand something, he did his best to distract her (by scaring her as usual). It actually worked yesterday, but today I put my foot down.
Please note that I didn't ask for help, my mom offered because she saw I was on the verge of having a panic attack. I rarely have help when I panic, because it's happened very often in the past and I can deal with it myself, usually without meds. I thanked her profusely after getting really angry at the world. :D I'm about to do and send in the work for that particular class.
The fact that my college book sucks and lacks explanations, I can't deal with. Books are rather cheap in my country compared to the US so she offered to buy me a few to help me out.

I was looking for a shield but if you think it will take too much energy out of me especially for a beginner, then maybe it's not the right solution.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Thank you very much for your advice. My father is schizophrenic, psychologically abusive, and has been on the verge of physically hurting me before. I've been physically pushed a few times but nothing that caused damage beyond being "scared".
Right -- I should have mentioned that I absolutely do not recommend psychic shielding or magic as the primary solution to an abuser, only as a supplement ... If you're worried about physical abuse or just want to talk about what's going on for you and your mother, I'm sure there are resources available to you in your country (I was going to recommend the National Domestic Violence Hotline, but that's for the US)
I was looking for a shield but if you think it will take too much energy out of me especially for a beginner, then maybe it's not the right solution.
It's really not about you being a beginner; in my opinion, I view any energy spent on a toxic relationship like this to be wasted, especially since it only serves to feed the psychic vampire. I know when I used to be super defensive, trying to stand my ground and hold a strong stance against my father, it was all wasted energy because I was never going to win and I think my father delighted in having all this power to jerk me around emotionally. So rather than try to fight a battle I can't possibly win, I just won't fight the battle at all, or give him as little as I possibly can. I don't communicate with him if I can help it, I ignore his messages, and if I can't avoid talking to him, I don't tell him anything about my life. This way, rather than put up a defense and give him more energy, I don't let him anywhere near my energy at all.

I suppose that's a form of defense, but it's less about spending energy to build and rebuild the shield (which you say might even happen on a daily basis) and more about not having to fight in the first place. That freaks out sociopaths and psychic vampires more than anything, I think. I know the first time I consciously chose not to respond to my father, within 12 hours he had sent me 3 text messages, 4 Skype messages, 2 emails, and called me twice, no doubt freaking out the whole day about why his daughter wasn't playing his stupid little games anymore. And it was all wasted energy, on his part, trying to feed a toxic relationship and not getting anything out of it. That's what I consider a win!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Leanna

Post by Leanna »

Hi again Xiao Rong,
Thank you, and you're 100% right. When I managed to stop talking to my father for a week or so a few years ago, it drove him crazy.
That's what I need to do right now. :D
Seventhwatcher

Post by Seventhwatcher »

I had the same problem with my entire family. I didn't realize how drained I was until I started energy work.

A banishing works great. And it can be quite simple.

1. Burn some sage. Even the seasoning from the kitchen is better than nothing. The more emotional you are the better this works fyi. While the sage burns see the words fuse and merge and radiate out around yourself, your room and your house.

"I speak these words of protection and banishing into this smoke to disrupt and disable the Power of any being who attempts to take from me unlawfully and without my consent. When they reach for me and those under my protection to take and steal let them be confounded and confused. Disrupted and dejected. Let them starve, and heal from their affliction."

Now me personally, I have used the Xilqa Xilqa Besa besa charm in the necronomicon for such things and it has worked great as well.

I have a few more ideas, but let's start with this.

And of course, cutting them out your life works too. But be sure to do a purge anyway to clear out any residue they left behind.
Leanna

Re: Shield from father and lift a sickness curse upon my mot

Post by Leanna »

Thank you very much all for your answers.
The situation has taken a turn for the worse and had I not taken benzos (I despise medication but that was needed) I would have committed myself into a mental hospital as after my father 'cursed' my mother with cancer I was not myself anymore.
Sadly I do not have sage but I'll look into buying some very very soon. I plan on going to the department store with my mom tomorrow.
I believe repeating words several times and saying "wouldn't you think you'd then have it" is no more than brainwashing and conditioning to make a person sick.
How can I please reverse this?
Thank you. :(
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Leanna, I don't think that's really cursing and I don't think it's going to do something so you can try to relax on that front. (: While I do believe curses are real, saying what he did will not inflict that illness upon another. It's something that occurs biologically not because of wording and if she happened to get it, it'd be more her genetic predisposition to it and nothing more. Besides that, if he's schizophrenic then he's not in his right state of mind and he's not trying to inflict anything upon anyone and even if he was, it wouldn't really work in that manner. I don't know much about curses but I don't think it's anything like that so you don't need to worry.

What you said about brainwashing and conditioning, though, I think it could do that but it would not give her cancer. It might make her worried about any little thing about her that feels different, but it will not lead to the actual illness.

I think everyone has given a lot of good advice about this situation and I think that it's the best we can do for you. If you truly think it to be a curse, then perhaps someone else can help more with that.

I genuinely hope that everything will be better soon. ): I'm so sorry you're going through all of this.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Leanna

Post by Leanna »

Thank you very much Sakura Blossom. I translated your message for my mom and she now feels much better.
I also tried out dragon magick (I sent my dragon to protect her). It is only temporary and she told me I didn't have to do that and that I currently need more protection than her but like I said it's just a powerful but short-lived spell.

I don't have sage but I said this "I speak these words of protection and banishing into this smoke to disrupt and disable the Power of any being who attempts to take from me unlawfully and without my consent. When they reach for me and those under my protection to take and steal let them be confounded and confused. Disrupted and dejected. Let them starve, and heal from their affliction." several times while listening to a song which contains the lines "I put my defences up".
I don't know if it did the trick, but it does seem to have lifted my spirits up.

I don't know what works and what doesn't but I also asked for protection for myself from my own dragons and benevolent god(desses) and I didn't have "end-of-the-world-everyone-dies" pseudo-precognitive dreams tonight, so that's good.

I believe I "saw" a hold-up a week after it happened close to where I live. I also saw a display twice pretty clearly, and I suspect another store will be hit, but I don't know its name.
I saw something from the display in my dream in one of the stores I go to regularly and completely freaked out because I have to do an internship near that store in a few months.

I also slept with my calcite again and on top of that had taken benzos during the day (it was either that or going to the mental hospital given the situation...).

Anyway, it's time for me to start trying to work again.
Hopefully all the horrible things I've dreamed about are just dreams. They did have that eerie "prediction" feeling so we'll see. Urgh.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I'm very glad that you were able to explain this to her and I hope it brings you peace of mind with this.

I have to ask, though, are you okay? Do you have a good support system through this? You keep mentioning needing to take medication and if not, you'd end up in the mental hospital. Is something going on with you as well? Perhaps you should seek out someone who can assist you too so you're not suffering through this alone. (:

We can support you here as much as we can, of course. I hope everything will get better soon!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Leanna

Post by Leanna »

I don't have the best support system, but I mostly don't take any medication except for a tiny dose of ADs which I still have to take daily until I can stop it completely (soon).
Let's just say the precognitive dream I had ruined my life as I used to be a big skeptic and given how prone to anxiety I am, not believing in anything but the ground under my feet was very reassuring. Now it's... well, pretty much the opposite and it scares me.
I have bad insomnia and there's not much I can do, except for taking benzos if I really want to sleep.
Right now it's 4 AM and honestly I'm terrified to go to bed and it's always like that.

To put it bluntly, I got depression because after years of college, I discovered I couldn't become an English teacher because I was physically sick during my internships. I just can't stand the job. Too much stress. :(
Sadly, I'm completely addicted to English and feel myself slowly sinking again because I don't have the opportunity to use English on a daily basis anymore.

I asked for guidance from gods and goddesses and all I got for my trouble was "if you like English so much, do something with that".
Now, I don't know if that was a message from gods or goddesses or just my subconscious. I mean, I did NOT hear voices and I'm perfectly sane despite my GAD and depressive tendencies.
I mean I'm not schizo and it's more me interpreting how I feel after having asked for guidance if you know what I mean.

So now I wonder if I should become a primary school teacher instead, but then I'd have to go back to uni and that's... complicated at the moment. Oh dear.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Hiya Leanna!

Negative thinking is actually very different from cursing. When we're talking about execration magick, it is a lot stronger than negative thinking, it implies certain "ways and works" of malediction to cause harm to someone else. A curse goes waaaayyy beyond brainwashing, hypnotic suggestion or psychic attacks.

However, many of the "symptoms" of "curses", the result of "negative thinking" are also difficult to discern from mundane disorders and conditions -- most notably mental illness and some chronic conditions.

I always suggest that the mundane must be ruled out first!

It is interesting to note though that both curses and psychic attacks have the same "basic" and "core" antidote. They will be unable to bring their power to bear on us if we have 1.) strong defenses and shields and 2.) a positive attitude towards one another.

We should not want to place ourselves in situations where they can be critical, offensive or hurtful of each other. We should avoid noticing their defects that can engender grudge, jealousy or hatred. Social cohesion among us and the preservation of an atmosphere in which each and everyone of us can accept, understand and love our fellow is very much important.

This preference for cohesion and harmony therefore is the force that warded off any sort of attacks (curses, hexes, jinxes, evil eye, evil tounge, etc.) This is the method I believe you can use to reverse all the offensive attacks thrown at your way.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Seventhwatcher

Post by Seventhwatcher »

I used a power meditation to eliminate the negativity people throw at me. As well as channel a lot of light energy to clean out the crap that's latched to my chakras and such. I've felt and seen how it has rejected and backfired hexes and curses people placed on me. Quitr a few people are a bit more humbled with me as they know now, just how wrong, or utterly stupid they were.

Sometimes? It takes just letting go. And letting your pain be your shield and weapon.

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”