Caw to Truth

Post your poems here. If you post a poem by another author, which is fine, please give the author's name if you know it.
Soul

Caw to Truth

Post by Soul »

Note: The birds gave me this verse in about five minutes, early in the morning. Although it is poetic, it seemed to flow forth in prose form. (I have only slightly revised it from the way it originally came to me.) 2014 November 29

Caw to Truth

Late November breeze cool and crisp upon my skin. My thoughts begin to reel the ancient word. I watch the morning birds perform their routines, cutting swaths of blue-grey air, from here to there, and settling among the naked trees. Then the machine catches my eye, and I peer through the veil to see the timeless clash of human society, its anxiety rippling deep within me. I disdain the works of Man and despair that I cannot stay Abaddon's hand. Soiled by those deeds I am, as yet I must sojourn upon this land. "Caw, caw!" comes the comforting cry, calling back my mind from a forgone destiny. And from my heavy heart I sigh as Nature's truth washes through me. This is the jewel of my eye, my vision of paradise. May it be my eternity that with shimmering black wings I too would fly...
Ravensilverclaw

Re: Caw to Truth

Post by Ravensilverclaw »

Yes, thats what I was thinking too. Totally, me too, right? Thank you. I am not alone and I know it now for sure.
Soul

Re: Caw to Truth

Post by Soul »

Ravensilverclaw wrote:Yes, thats what I was thinking too. Totally, me too, right? Thank you. I am not alone and I know it now for sure.
You are quite welcome!

Return to “Poetry”