Meaning of having a baby black panther in my dream

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
angelsfallfirst

Meaning of having a baby black panther in my dream

Post by angelsfallfirst »

I had a dream last night where it was Christmas and I was at a venue having a Christmas meal with all my old college classmates and uni class mates. We were sat on long tables and I suddenly got excited to see a certain uni friend and then a cat was getting passed round the table for everyone to stroke but I didn't get to hold it as it was passed to someone else. Next a baby black panther was being passed round and a long time friend passed me it to hold and stroke. The Panther didn't have blue eyes but had a like a greeny-average house looking cat coloured eyes and after I stroked it I passed it on to someone else.
Does anyone know what this means?
I've had a few life changing events over the past few months such as not being friends with people that I've been friends with 10 years+, I have been thinking about uni a lot since it's only been a few months since I left and I do miss my uni mates (but still keep in contact with them). So I'm at a point in my life where there's a lot of change happening and I don't really know what to do with myself or with my time if any of this info helps?

Emma c
Ravensilverclaw

Re: Meaning of having a baby black panther in my dream

Post by Ravensilverclaw »

Wow...that a very important dream. I don't have it yet...study it, it has got something to do with the long table. The long table...
Ravensilverclaw

Post by Ravensilverclaw »

How many tables?
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

It sounds to me like a reflection of the fact that you're moving on in life, and that things are changing. You've shared some wonderful and powerful experiences with these people (hence a black panther cub), but now you're pursuing a new path. I think the fact that you passed the cub on to someone else is indicative of the fact that you realize, on some level, that now a new crop of students is starting uni and you're passing on the torch, so to speak, for them to have the same positive experiences you did. The first cat, I think, then could be the experiences of the students before you. You may have been able to see them have those experiences, or heard about them, but didn't have them yourself firsthand. I also think that because your dream was set at Christmas, that it was a further affirmation of the positive things you drew from your time there.

Those are just my impressions though. :)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

The symbolism of a black panther is that it is time to meet your fears, some which you may have kept hidden. These fears may even hold you back from leaping into undiscovered paths in your life. The Black Panther is the essence of focused power, power you seek or that unleashes truth. The symbolism here is that there is a truth to be faced and I think you may have realized that and that is why the cub was passed to the next.

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”