How do I find the element I'm most connected to?

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
Brenda

How do I find the element I'm most connected to?

Post by Brenda »

I have been thinking, studying and reading everything. I've tried mediating but I'm not good at sitting still too long yet, lol... My sign is Leo so fire...My bday is Aug 22nd so I'm right on the cusp of Leo (Fire) and Virgo (Earth), when I read about them I feel I do not have the personality of a Leo but exude more traits of a Virgo.
I feel a draw when I'm sitting by a bonfire, a draw to just sit and watch the flames... BUT when it rains I feel this unstoppable pull to be out in it or to just sit out and watch it. I like to watch the rain fall, I love to watch the puddles form and expand, but most of all I like to just go for a walk in it... I love the wind, the way it feels in my hair, the way it brushes my cheeks or cools my skin... The Earth is a place I love to be also... I like to sit outside and just be, hear the crickets and bird churp, listen to the wind, grow my flowers and herbs... Altho I do NOT like getting my feet dirty ;)
I've tried to pay attention to which I enjoy more, which I'd prefer over the others but I can't choose one. I know you can be connected to more than one and I've read in other posts on here that you can feel drawn to all of them but I just wanted to know if there's a way for me to be alittle clearer about which I'm more connected to...
You can say meditation but, yes, I'm working on that, haha. I greatly appreciate any information passed along to me.
Gentle Melody

Re: How do I find the element I'm most connected to?

Post by Gentle Melody »

I'm in the same boat as you.
I'm a Leo too, so my element would be fire( as I have some common traits of a fire person, like great passion for what I do).
Although I like earth too, (I love it, but I don't have the common traits of an earth person, I'm not such a stable person lol)
I also like wind, and I have some wind person traits too (I use much my rational mind to solve problems).
But I feel much more attracted to water, I love swimming, the sound of water moving always soothes me, and I have the water person traits: I mostly let my emotions speak louder, I love my artistic side and I'm working with my intuition since I like this inner wisdom.

So, I think I'm water element(that's why I've chosen my username :P ), but I'm not sure of it.
"If you can't let go, you will end up empty-handed
If you can't control, you'll live your life in vain"

Design Your Universe ~ Epica
Brenda

Post by Brenda »

I just wanted to find out what ya'll's opinion would be on this article I found online. I've been researching what other sources have to say about elements and connecting to them.... I'm not sure how to make it 'clickable' but it's easy to copy and paste, lol. In my opinion, it's very thorough and informative, from this person's view point.
http://wiccansage.hubpages.com/hub/Wicc ... ur-Element
Gentle Melody

Post by Gentle Melody »

This is a nice article, I never thought it that way, and it makes sense :lol:. So, we tend to think that there is one element dominant in our life, but instead of thinking this way we would benefit more by finding balance with all the elements.
Thank you for sharing this article! :)
"If you can't let go, you will end up empty-handed
If you can't control, you'll live your life in vain"

Design Your Universe ~ Epica
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Hey Brenda! Yeah, I completely agree with WiccanSage's opinion on balancing the elements ... I wrote about some possible activities on this thread about balancing relationships with all the elements. I think it's only natural to try to find out what element you're most connected to (and of course we all have an element that we are most drawn to), but that just means that you have to work all the more intentionally to connect to the other elements.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”