1 Picture = ruin my whole wicca path

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Jake1001

1 Picture = ruin my whole wicca path

Post by Jake1001 »

So as some of you know I told my parents im wiccan, and after skimming through info through wikipedia and some of the info was incorrect, and they were skimming like really quickly, they opened around 15 tabs of wicca and looked through all those 15 tabs within 20 minutes (I looked in the history) and decided it satanic because, of the pentagram, as its used evil in movies, and series, the creepy horned god which personally i found it creepy too
and an athame and Im guessing they thought the athame was for "blood rituals" or sacrifises

anywho, then my dad starts making fun and says do you want us to paint for you pentagrams in your room, and starts joking about it then a month later gives me a lecture of how if any religon involves blood its a dirty religon that involves the devil (my uncle said wicca involves blood and then says just kidding and dosent know what im going through) and that how my dad lecutrered me even after my uncle said just kidding, and i asked my mom's views she said she finds it scary and satanic, im 13 I cant follow my path I have to be quiet in the shadows, i cant celebrate the sabbats esbats cast spells, the only things they arent suspicous of is me burning candles, having crystals around me (maybe they dont notice crystals aren't magickal)

and using a oracle deck, but anywho i cant really do a spell as they can hear me, anytime and I cant have an altar even if it is temporary i tried solving it with my mom on what i can and cant do but simply said she dosen't want this "satanic" stuff in her house, and from all this disupport its making me also doubt wicca now which i hate THE fact that they can't support my choices, how will they react when I come out im GAY!?! Honestly... how can I change their ways when i bring it up they just cant change their minds even if i prove its not bad.. Ugh :'(
Lillady

Re: 1 Picture = ruin my whole wicca path

Post by Lillady »

Sorry for the instance you had with them. You can meditate in complete silence, using your mind, visualize your wants, needs, whatever it is you want to focus on. Not speaking doesn't mean the universe does not hear you. The power is in you no tools or even speech is needed. I hope this helps you some. Good luck! Blessed Be.
Jake1001

Post by Jake1001 »

Yes I totally get that Lilady that you don't need tools or speech, but simple meditation to me it feels weak, when added with speech, even just speech it feels more powerful and overtop of speech, tools that makes it to its best extent
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Jake1001 wrote:how can I change their ways
You can't.

Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

Kassandra wrote:
Jake1001 wrote:how can I change their ways
You can't.

Yeah pretty much sums it up. You could just not talk about it and let it go till you can move out. Maybe an altar in a box you can hide and pull out when you need it? Sorry it hard for you to practice. I am a bit sarcastic when they mentioned blood I would say something about communion :twisted: but you probably don't want to do that and get in trouble.
Chalice

Post by Chalice »

Jake1001 wrote: anywho, then my dad starts making fun and says do you want us to paint for you pentagrams in your room, and starts joking about it then a month later gives me a lecture of how if any religon involves blood its a dirty religon that involves the devil (my uncle said wicca involves blood and then says just kidding and dosent know what im going through)

Are you doing rituals, where you act out cannibalism and blood drinking of Gods????

Like, bread is for the God's body and wine is for the God's blood?

And you celebrate the brutal torture and death of the God as a human sacrifice to cover your sins?

Yeah I agree with your Dad. Such ideas are horrible!

:surprisedwitch: :surprisedwitch:
Witchcraft & OBOD Druidry.
Jake1001

Post by Jake1001 »

No offense, Chailce but I'd never think of such ideas, and I have no idea why you would think I'd think like that, anywho, NO I don't do blood sacrifises if i do "offerings" it would be a fruit's seedlings, for example an apple after offering it, if I'm doing a secret ritual, and im offering the apple, obviously I'd eat the apple but offer the earth/goddess/god the seedlings of the apple, anyway I'd never do a blood sacrifise or such things, its just after my uncle joked that i did do blood sacrifises my dad starts lecturing me and the fact that my uncle, said that i do blood sacrifises (and then right after he said just kidding) even after saying that it got my situation worse, and yes I know i cant change their ways of thinking but I want them to atleast let me follow my own path, can't I ask for that much? I dont want their support, if they do support me i wont mind, but i just want to follow my path is that too much to ask? And lol, replying back in a joking way about the blood thing would be funny but it was in the heat of the moment so XD
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Hey Jake, I think Chalice was referring to Christian practices sarcastically (communion as Jesus's body and blood, using the crucifix as a symbol, etc.).
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Jake1001

Post by Jake1001 »

Ah I see, Sorry Chalice, I was just a little confused there lol, thanks for clearing that up Xiao
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

That sounds tough Jake, it's very hard and disillusioning to be open with the people who are supposed to love and accept you only to be returned with mocking, judgment and insensitivity.

The hard reality is, you are a minor. You live in their house, and therefore you live by their rules. But don't worry, this too shall pass. When you're able to move out you can set up an altar, speak your meditations, and do your spells until your heart's content.

In the meantime, I would suggest that you put your focus and energy into other aspects of your life for the most part. I'm not saying don't continue to explore your beliefs, but don't allow it to become the only thing in your life.

There are some things you can still do to progress your beliefs until you're able to move out. First, Wicca and other paths require a good deal of reading and learning before you really have a good grasp on what you're doing and why. Use the time you have now wisely, because as you get older you may not have that kind of time available.

Meditation can be done silently (as already mentioned); or alternatively you can go outside to meditate and use vocals.

I wouldn't advise bringing any altar into your home that can be identified, even a small travel altar. The last thing you want to do is bring more upset to your family while they're adjusting to the idea of their child being Wiccan. The more respect you show them now, the more they are likely to show you in the future when they get used to the idea of your beliefs. You never know, maybe in a few months they'll start to rethink their current understanding.

However, if they're alright with you having crystals and candles you could start with those. Do some rock collecting, do some reading on crystal properties, look into some basic candle spells (those that don't include any excess tools-- or modify them to fit your needs). You don't necessarily need an altar to practice.

While I have a custom-built altar table, mostly I use it as a place to lay out divination spreads long-term so I can look at it more than once while processing the information. The rest of my workings are done outside, with minimal tools. Honestly, if I lost everything today, the only things I would probably replace are my Oracle deck, a few tea-light candles, an oil infuser, a quartz crystal, some stones I would find out on the street or park, and tea (because I always need tea...). Granted, I'm not Wiccan, but I rarely use anything else for anything I'm doing (and even then it's the use of things I can easily pick up from any craft store, like thread).

My long winded point: Use this time to do your reading, then decide what you will need long-term. Don't do it the other way around. You'll save a lot of time, money, and energy; and you won't step on any toes while doing it.
BlueMoonRose

Post by BlueMoonRose »

I kinda know what you are going through, just reversed... Im still in the "broom closet" and I can't do much other than burn an incense and have a few crystals. However, in place of an all in one piece altar I broke it up and placed the items around my room. Changing their ways well I would simply sit down with them and explain everything with them. You can always PM me if you need someome to chat with.
Chalice

Post by Chalice »

Jake1001 wrote:Ah I see, Sorry Chalice, I was just a little confused there lol, thanks for clearing that up Xiao
No dramas. I should have been more specific, and less jokey.

Christianity has been so drummed into our Western culture, and the rituals continued so much that people don't even think about what they are.

If Christianity is seen as the right way, then people need to look at the fact that they are consuming the body and blood of their God. In the Catholic sense, they believe this is literal!!

I was made as a little child to participate in a blood drinking ritual!! It boggles the mind!
Jake1001

Post by Jake1001 »

Yes I didn't really get the whole blood thing, I was a former muslim not christian and anywho, wasnt wine like gods blood or something like that? And wasnt there a sacrifise for the chrisanity religon or something?
Chalice

Post by Chalice »

Jake1001 wrote:Yes I didn't really get the whole blood thing, I was a former muslim not christian and anywho, wasnt wine like gods blood or something like that? And wasnt there a sacrifise for the chrisanity religon or something?
Ahh fair enough. I just assumed you had a Christian background. Sorry about that.

Jesus did a ceremony before he died, called the last supper, where his followers consumed bread as symbolic for his body, and consumed wine as symbolic for his blood, before he was crucified.

Christians believe that Jesus was sacrificed by God the Father, in order to appease his need to punish all sins.

Christians and specifically Catholics re-enact this last supper in mass. They consume the Eucharist (bread) and Wine after it's been blessed by the priest...and turned into the body and blood of God almighty.

It is a blood drinking ritual, and Catholics believe the wine becomes literally God's blood.
Jake1001

Post by Jake1001 »

Umm isn't that a little ironic? I mean speaking that people say wicca is satanic

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”