Members' Pantheons

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Members' Pantheons

Post by Seraphin »

I am an Animistic Hardcore Polytheist which means I believe to all Deities and that they are all very unique, distinct and separate, even those who share the same archetype. To me, it's just fine to mix Deities from different pantheons if of course the Deities themselves don't mind working together.

Also, I'm not one who believes that you must have a patron and patroness in order to keep balance so you'll see I am working with more than two Deities.

Here are some of the Gods, Goddesses, Daemons and Great Spirits in my pantheon.

Yoruba Pantheon (Orishas):
Yemaya - nurturing Mother, Ruler of the deep waters of the sea and the Womb of the earth
Oshun - Great Spirit of love and youthful beauty
Oya - Warrior Spirit of storm and wind
Eleggua -the childish, foolish, carefree Opener of the doorways
Oggun - the warrior Lord of iron
Shango - King of Fire, Lightning and Thunder
Obtala - King of Kings
Orunmila - God of divination and visions
Oshunmare - the rainbow serpent
Babalu Aye - God of disease and healing
Olodumare - Sun God

Haitian Vodou Pantheon (Loa):
Papa Legba - Loa of the crossroads, gatekeeper of the spirit world
Maman Brigitte - Death loa

Celtic Pantheon:
Brighid - Muse of bards and poets
Brighid - Lady of smithcraft, and gold and the metal of the Sun
Brighid - the Healer
Kerridwen - Goddess of creative force and divine inspiration
Taranis - God of the skies and Lord of the storms
Danu - Mother Goddess

Egyptian Pantheon:
Amun - Kings of the Gods and of the wind
Apis - God of strength and fertility

Hindu Pantheon:
Durga - Goddess of Victory of good over evil
Kali - Goddess of time, change and destruction
Lakshmi - Goddess of wealth, prosperity, fortune and beauty
Ganesha - Lord of wisdom and prosperity

Greek Pantheon:
Hekate -Goddess of magick, crossroads, new moon, spirits and necromancy
Eris -Goddess of chaos, strife and discord
Hermes - God of travel, languages, magick, athletics and trade

Canaanite and Ancient Mesopotamian(Daemonic) Pantheon:
Baal - Lord of the Heaven, rain, thunder, fertility and agriculture
Asherah - Goddess of motherhood and fertility
Ashtaroth - Goddess of fertility, sexuality and war
Dagon - God of grain and plough
Hadad - God of rain and storm
K'mosh - God of destruction
Maweth - God of death
Molekh - God of fire
M'rodakh and Zarpanitu - King and Queen of Babylonian Gods
Nergal and Ereshkigal- God and Goddess of the desert and the underworld
Resheph - God of plague and war
Shahar - God of dawn
Shemesh - God of Justice

Goetic Pantheon:
Aamon - Procurer of feuds and reconciler of controversies between friends and foes
Berith - Daemon of Alchemy and giver of dignities to men
Murmur - Daemon of Philosophy and constrainer of deceased souls
Belial - Distributor of senatorships and giver of familiars

Daemonic Pantheon:
Abbadon - Daemon of destruction
Baalzebub (Beelzebub) - Daemon of filth
Behemoth -Daemon of beasts
Dever - Daemon of pestilence
Ketev - Daemon of destruction
Liwyathan - Daemon of pride

Gods and Goddesses I'm feeling drawn to lately:
Satan
Loki
Lilith

So that's it! That's what mah pantheon consists of! :mrgreen:

What's yours?
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: Members' Pantheons

Post by loona wynd »

I am a hard polytheist as well as an omnitheist. I believe all Gods are individual beings. I also believe that we must all come to understand the divine in our own ways as the divine is a mystery, so I believe all God forms are correct and true. So how ever you see the divine is true and I believe that being is its own being.

The individual unique Gods I have worshiped and work with come from different pantheons. Each pantheon is worshiped in their own seperate way for me. Each pantheon ideally would also have their own altars for their own shrines. I just haven't built them all yet.

Germanic/Norse:
Frigga
Idun
Ostara
Skadi
Odin
Nirord
Tyr
Eir

Greek/Hellenic:
Pan
Poseidon
Apollo
Selene
Artemis
Hermes

Italian/Strega:
Dianna
Lucifer

Egyptian:
Bastet
Thoth
Sekhmet
Kat
Banned Member

Post by Kat »

I don't know what I am. I believe the One / the All /the devine energy within us and the plants and stones etc, devided in male and female/god and goddess. everyone names the god and the goddess differently but all gods are one god and all godesses are one goddess.The One Energy is between the molecules while the Elements are the molecules themselves.
I think what makes me wiccan is the belief in the Rede and in the threefold law. coz this cosmology of mine is too weird to be anything I guess.
*Blessed Be*
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Kat wrote:I don't know what I am.
That is ok. Everyone must come to experience the divine in their own way. Some people are soft polytheistic where they believe in many Gods but they are all part of one Larger God and one larger Goddess. In time you may develop a deeper and more specific understanding of the Gods and Goddesses that make up this universe.
Kat wrote:I believe the One / the All /the divine energy within us and the plants and stones etc, divided in male and female/god and goddess. everyone names the god and the goddess differently but all gods are one god and all goddesses are one goddess.
That is soft polytheism, if I understand what you are saying correctly. I'm going to see if I understand what it is you believe here. From what you just said:You believe in One divine force that is manifested in a God and Goddess. You believe that there are many names for individual Gods (we all name the divine differently), but they are apart of one God and one Goddess which are in turn a part of one Divine force, The belief that all Gods are one God and all Goddesses are one Goddess is a form of soft polytheism.
Kat wrote:The One Energy is between the molecules while the Elements are the molecules themselves.
The force in all things, the belief that there is a divine force animating all objects (plants, stones, crystals, humans, animals, etc) is animism. This is a belief that I share. I believe that this energetic force (spirit) is what allows us to practice magic.
Kat wrote: I think what makes me wiccan is the belief in the Rede and in the threefold law.
Actually what makes a person Wiccan is the worship of the God and Goddess through the 8 sabbats and 13 esbats. The use of that specific ritual format and practices is what makes Wicca. The Rede and the threefold law are also a part of it, but not as much as the ritual format as the ritual format is what allows the practitioner to experience the mysteries of the God and Goddess as well as the universe.

There are non wiccan witches who follow the threefold law and the rede. Wicca is just one of many different witchcraft paths out there. Your belief in the God and Goddess made up of all other Gods and Goddesses is a common belief in most forms of Wicca. Other forms of Wicca believe in and worship a specific God and Goddess known as the Lord and Lady of the Isles.

For now I wouldn't label myself any specific witchcraft path. I'd just consider myself a witch. Remember that there are many different ways of practicing witchcraft. Wicca is only one. Wicca is actually a fairly limiting form of religious witchcraft.
Kat wrote: coz this cosmology of mine is too weird to be anything I guess.
The cosmology is the makeup of the universe (as in the spirit worlds and realms mixed in with the physical realms). My cosmology is more complex than most. In simplest terms there are three major realms, but many other realms in there as well.

Wicca cosmology has a realm of the Gods, the earth, a spirit realm and an underworld.
Kat
Banned Member

Post by Kat »

loona wynd wrote:I'm going to see if I understand what it is you believe here. From what you just said:You believe in One divine force that is manifested in a God and Goddess. You believe that there are many names for individual Gods (we all name the divine differently), but they are apart of one God and one Goddess which are in turn a part of one Divine force, The belief that all Gods are one God and all Goddesses are one Goddess is a form of soft polytheism.
yes this is what I'm saying. I don't know if this is soft polytheism or not.
loona wynd wrote:The force in all things, the belief that there is a divine force animating all objects (plants, stones, crystals, humans, animals, etc) is animism. This is a belief that I share. I believe that this energetic force (spirit) is what allows us to practice magic.
animism? yes I guess so. aything to google it and learn more.
loona wynd wrote:Actually what makes a person Wiccan is the worship of the God and Goddess through the 8 sabbats and 13 esbats. The use of that specific ritual format and practices is what makes Wicca. The Rede and the threefold law are also a part of it, but not as much as the ritual format as the ritual format is what allows the practitioner to experience the mysteries of the God and Goddess as well as the universe.
ah I forgot the sabbats and esbats? lol tnx loona for reminding me!
loona wynd wrote:There are non wiccan witches who follow the threefold law and the rede. Wicca is just one of many different witchcraft paths out there. Your belief in the God and Goddess made up of all other Gods and Goddesses is a common belief in most forms of Wicca.
this is common? I thought it's weird at least for the majority of my country.
loona wynd wrote:For now I wouldn't label myself any specific witchcraft path. I'd just consider myself a witch.
ya I don't like labels either. I just netsearch or youtube things to learn more about them. e.g. I googled atheism to learn and satanism coz I think a specific person I know is one.
loona wynd wrote:The cosmology is the makeup of the universe (as in the spirit worlds and realms mixed in with the physical realms). My cosmology is more complex than most. In simplest terms there are three major realms, but many other realms in there as well.
what realms mixed with the physical u beleve those are?
loona wynd wrote:Wicca cosmology has a realm of the Gods, the earth, a spirit realm and an underworld.
I didn't think of the realms. I guess I don't know what to believe about the realms. Ah something else to google!
*Blessed Be*
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Lately I keep becoming interested in and drawn to more deities. I dont want to add too many because I feel that it might be overwhelming. But I dont want to ignore the call from them that Im receiving. How do you guys work with so many? Do you have altars to all of these? Do you work with each one in some small each day or on a regular basis?

Right now I work with the following.

Hindu
Ganesh
Lakshmi

Celtic
Airmid

Greek
Apollo
Selene

Buddhist (although not really considered a deity)
Buddha
Kuan Yin

Other
Archangel Michael
Archangel Ralphael

Ones Im feeling drawn to lately
Freyja
Belenus
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Thanks for sharing your pantheon loona and AnaiStar!

Looking forward to see more from other members!
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: House of Deities

Post by loona wynd »

AnaisStar wrote:
Other
Archangel Michael
Archangel Ralphael
I didn't include the angelic forces I am working with or the Dragons I have worked with in my list. I don't consider those pantheons so to speak. They are sentient beings I work with but I don't consider them pantheons. Does that make sense?
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Kat wrote:
loona wynd wrote:I'm going to see if I understand what it is you believe here. From what you just said:You believe in One divine force that is manifested in a God and Goddess. You believe that there are many names for individual Gods (we all name the divine differently), but they are apart of one God and one Goddess which are in turn a part of one Divine force, The belief that all Gods are one God and all Goddesses are one Goddess is a form of soft polytheism.
yes this is what I'm saying. I don't know if this is soft polytheism or not.
That is soft polytheism. Its polytheism because you do believe in many Gods and Goddesses. You just believe them to be aspects of one larger Goddess and one larger God. So for you it doesn't matter which God and Goddess you call on in ritual as they are all part of one God and one Goddess. Its soft because instead of being individual beings the Gods are aspects of a larger God and Goddess. Does that make sense?
Kat wrote:
loona wynd wrote:The force in all things, the belief that there is a divine force animating all objects (plants, stones, crystals, humans, animals, etc) is animism. This is a belief that I share. I believe that this energetic force (spirit) is what allows us to practice magic.
animism? yes I guess so. anything to google it and learn more.
Animism is the believe that all living things are composed of a physical body and a spiritual body as well. This spirit force can be found in crystals, plants, animals, and people. Specific locations and areas may also have a living spirit force in them as well. That is the belief of animism. Everything has a spirit or soul component to it.
Kat wrote:
loona wynd wrote:Actually what makes a person Wiccan is the worship of the God and Goddess through the 8 sabbats and 13 esbats. The use of that specific ritual format and practices is what makes Wicca. The Rede and the threefold law are also a part of it, but not as much as the ritual format as the ritual format is what allows the practitioner to experience the mysteries of the God and Goddess as well as the universe.
ah I forgot the sabbats and esbats? lol tnx loona for reminding me!
Its the sabbats that tell the myths of the God and Goddess in Wicca. The sabbat rituals provide ways to access and experience the mysteries of that sabbat and that God and Goddess. This is why its the rituals and the sabbat work that makes one Wiccan. Those are the tools that allow one to experience the mysteries of Wicca.
Kat wrote:
loona wynd wrote:There are non wiccan witches who follow the threefold law and the rede. Wicca is just one of many different witchcraft paths out there. Your belief in the God and Goddess made up of all other Gods and Goddesses is a common belief in most forms of Wicca.
this is common? I thought it's weird at least for the majority of my country.
Yes. I originally held that view myself. Some people think of it as a large diamond where each face of the diamond is a different God or Goddess. When you put all the faces of the Goddess diamond together you get the Great Goddess and when you put all the faces of the God diamond together you get the Great God. This is a very common belief. Its the belief most Wiccans that I have met (who don't belong to a BTW coven) have. One of the reasons for this is the Charge of the Goddess where it even states she has many names.
Kat wrote:
loona wynd wrote:For now I wouldn't label myself any specific witchcraft path. I'd just consider myself a witch.
ya I don't like labels either. I just netsearch or youtube things to learn more about them. e.g. I googled atheism to learn and satanism coz I think a specific person I know is one.
What I mean is right now while you are trying to figure out what you believe and practice you shouldn't label yourself any path. If you feel you are a witch than calling yourself witch is identification of your path enough.

All witches must follow their own path. Even witches who follow the same tradition are going to be on separate paths. They just share some of the guideposts along the path together. This allows them to walk together along the path while having their own path as well which may have twists and turns outside the traditions path.
Kat wrote:
loona wynd wrote:The cosmology is the makeup of the universe (as in the spirit worlds and realms mixed in with the physical realms). My cosmology is more complex than most. In simplest terms there are three major realms, but many other realms in there as well.
what realms mixed with the physical u believe those are?
By mix I mean overlap. These are spiritual realms that exist parallel and inside this realm. One good example of this would be the realm of the elves. That is a spiritual realm that exists parallel and along side our own which can occasionally open and interact together. This is also where I would place the elemental realms, the Dragon realm, and the realms of the realms of the fae.
Kat wrote:
loona wynd wrote:Wicca cosmology has a realm of the Gods, the earth, a spirit realm and an underworld.
I didn't think of the realms. I guess I don't know what to believe about the realms. Ah something else to google!
basically do you believe there is a place where the Gods live, a place where the dead live, and a place where other spirits live as well as our world? If you believe in those places, those are the other realms and other worlds. Through meditation, trance work, astral travel, and OOBE's we can explore and experience those different worlds.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Seraphin wrote:Thanks for sharing your pantheon loona and AnaiStar!

Looking forward to see more from other members!
I hope to sometime include more Egyptian Gods. I'm not sure if I am ever going to work with any Celtic Gods or not. Frankly there are so many different Gods out there I've just worked with the ones that seemed to bring out the most emotional response from me, and have answered my calls in ritual.

If I included Angelic and dragonic forces the list would be longer.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I work with different pantheons as well. Ye, I don't work with different gods at the same time. I find it kinda disrespectful. Here's my choice of deities to work with:

Hundu
Ganesha
Kali

Greek
Hecate
Gaia
Aphrodite
Artemis
Apollo
Poseidon
Zeus

Slavic
Perun
Lada and Lado
Dazhbog
Svarog and Svarozhic
Svetovit

Tengriism
Bir Tengri
Yana
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

loona wynd wrote:
AnaisStar wrote:
Other
Archangel Michael
Archangel Ralphael
I didn't include the angelic forces I am working with or the Dragons I have worked with in my list. I don't consider those pantheons so to speak. They are sentient beings I work with but I don't consider them pantheons. Does that make sense?
No I dont consider them a pantheon either but I do work with them a lot. I work with the Archangels probably more than some of the other at times. Especially Ralphael as I call him to assist in healing work. But now that Im creating a relationship with Apollo Ive started calling on him as well in healing work.
ladywhitewolf

Post by ladywhitewolf »

I am a hard polytheist Pagan. The pantheons I connect with are Egyptian, Celtic and Norse.
Deities I connect with:
(Egyptian):
Anubis
Set
Bast
Sekhmet
Thoth

(Celtic):
Morrigan

(Norse):
Thor
Freya
Odin
Jessica [aka Whitewolf]
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Elcida wrote:I work with different pantheons as well. Ye, I don't work with different gods at the same time. I find it kinda disrespectful. Here's my choice of deities to work with:
I agree with you on that. Thats why I want to ideally have different altars for the different pantheons and Gods in those pantheons. I do need to get a few things for that to happen though. I can start my Nordic altar at least.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

AnaisStar wrote:No I dont consider them a pantheon either but I do work with them a lot. I work with the Archangels probably more than some of the other at times. Especially Ralphael as I call him to assist in healing work. But now that Im creating a relationship with Apollo Ive started calling on him as well in healing work.
That makes sense to me. There are a lot of Dragon spirits in the Dragon craft I have explored. Though I have really only personally worked with two one that was named in the listing and another that wasn't named. I'm going to be trying to change that and develop my dragon relationships a bit more.

I work with Micheal as the archangel mostly right now. He has some powerful historical healing associations. He was actually a healing angel before he was a warrior angel. Though the association was still with cutting away and or burning away the ailments. I actually have a Hoodoo uncrossing spell in his name I need to adapt and do for myself. I may have crossed myself up with some negative beliefs and practices. So I'd rather be uncrossed and work that to be safe than let it build up.

I do need to get back into my spirit connections more.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”