Divination With Dictionary

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Divination With Dictionary

Post by Seraphin »

I didn't know exactly what a bibliomancy was, but when I first heard it, I thought it may have something to do with the Bible. You know "Bible," "biblio"... and I'm also aware that some diviners use passages in the Bible, which the seeker opens at random, to tell his past, present and future and any other personality and characteristic stuffs.

But I was really, really surprised when a friend introduced me last December to a male psychic she was going to meet used a dictionary.

"You mean the book where we get the meaning of the words?" I asked.

"Exactly!" She replied with a laugh.

His method of divination is simple and very usual. He asks the seeker to close his or her eyes, place his or her left palm on the book, breath deeply, concentrate and open the book at random to any page without glancing at it.

Then he'll read the person, looking at the dictionary page that turns up. Not that I want to negate the accuracy of bibliomancy but you know, it seems that everyone can do that. :lol:

Anyhow, I already have a schedule next week so I'm going to meet her and try this bibliomancy thingy. I'll keep you posted. :mrgreen:

If you have any thoughts to share regarding the topic or experience please don't hesitate to post.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
creatrix

Re: Divination With Dictionary

Post by creatrix »

I divine with a dictionary every now and then. I was excited to see your post because I didn't know many other people did this. I also like to use the Thesaurus. Sometimes the readings and associations are very spot on!
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Well nice meeting you creatix! smiley_dance

I'm going to meet the Dictionary seer on Monday!
Seraphin

YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Once a coffee lees divination was very popular where I live. And it seemed extremely easy - just read what's in the cup. But after I tried it, it turned out not to be so easy :) I'm not saying it has to be difficult, but nothing is as easy as it seems. ;) Anyway, divining with a dictionary sounds like a pretty great idea.
creatrix

Post by creatrix »

Seraphin wrote:Well nice meeting you creatix! smiley_dance

I'm going to meet the Dictionary seer on Monday!
Cool! Let us know how it goes!
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Okay, so yesterday morning, me and my fiancee together with her bestie went to the said Dictionary seer. It was an amazing experience!!! smiley_dance

Frankly at first, I was not so impressed when he told me what my character or personality is; like I'm talkative, like to share things... blah, blah, blah... and so on and so forth. But then when he told me something very few people know: "You believe in Unconditional Love. You believe it encompasses both light and dark, and is not beyond human reach except as a perfection as you personally experience it. It is more than love alone; it is more than a set of emotions."

I never talk about this subject, except to people whom I know have open minds and will understand such view. I mean, I've found that my mention of the concept of unconditional love often garners me pitying looks or totally dismissive comments like "oh, that's just fluffy-bunny, dolphin-and-unicorn thinking." People who respond with such condescension, it seems, haven't bothered to consider that there might be some depth to the concept beyond what little attention they've given to it before dismissing it outright as simple minded. When only the surface of a thing is explored, how can one possibly know enough about it to make a judgment?

*Sigh* Anyway, so much for that. :lol:

So, I asked the seer, "How did you know that?"

He grinned and said, "It's here in the Dictionary. Look!"

When he gave me the thick book and looked at the page I had opened with my eyes closed, it had the phrase "unconditional love" on it! That really surprised me.

"WOW!" That's the only thing I said. A shocked look came over my face, making my mouth look like the dot at the bottom of a question mark. What is the probability of that word coming up? Coincidence? I don't think so.

Then she proceed to read my fiancee, Loika. When he looked at the page, he said, "There's somebody, an expert in the field of Shamanism, who will help you in your studies."

This was just too much for me -- Loika had only recently asked a Shaman friend to help her with her studies. The Dictionary seer certainly did not know this. Even if he did, his psychic reading was still astonishing because, when I asked him how he knew that, he showed me the page that Loika had opened. It bore the word "Shamanism."

Then next is Loika's best friend, there's a moment of silence when he glared at the page Loika's friend opened. And she suddenly told her, "Have your husband's liver checked by a doctor because there is something wrong with it."

Loika and her friend was shocked because only four days before that reading, she discovered that her hubby had a serious liver problem. When Loika asked the seer how he found out, she pointed to the page she opened, which contained the word "liver."

Gee... He 's so great! He's the only person I know who uses a dictionary to practice divination and he's soooo accurate.
Seraphin

Return to “General Divination”