Daily shower cleansing spell

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Daily shower cleansing spell

Post by loona wynd »

One thing that many starting Pagans, witches, and magicians seek to do is find a way to integrates their spells and rituals into their daily life and really make it a part of who they are. When I started out in my studies and practice of witchcraft this was one thing that I too struggled with.

Here is a simple spell and ritual that you can use every morning to refresh yourself and prepare for a new day. I created this spell when I was really in need of something additional to help with my healing and work. I wrote this spell at a time when I was in the hospital dealing with MH issues.

Performing this spell every day helped me be able to do the work needed to heal each day and become healthy. Today I use it to remove any anxiety from the day before and any psychic garbage and junk from the previous day. Doing so prepares me fresh for each day.

Materials:
SoapWater
Shampoo & Conditioner

Spell:

Cast a circle in the shower containing the spell area to the shower.

When you get into the shower turn the water on to as hot as you can stand.

Get in the shower and let the water rinse you off. A the water rinses your body before you soap state:

“Water water wash away
Water water cleanse today”.

Take your shampoo and soap and wash your body once. Repeat the chant over and over again. As you watch the soap go down the drain visualize all emotional baggage that causes you pain washing down the drain as well.

Soap yourself up and repeat the chant and ritual once more. This time see any and all blocks in your way going down the drain.

When you have rinsed all the soap and conditioner out of your hair and off your body. Turn and face the shower exit.

"By the air manifested as steam I am cleansed.
By the earth in the soap I am cleansed.
By the fire which heats the water I am cleansed.
By the water which washed away all that does not serve I am cleansed.
By the power of the elements combined I am cleansed, clean, and purified!"

Turn the water to cold to finally rinse in pure water on your face.

Release the circle.

The spell is complete.

Here are two notes:

You may shorten the chant to “wash a way cleanse today” as you get into the washing. The more you repeat the chant the more effective it will be in removing mental, emotional, psychic, and physical junk all held within us.

Use this each more to prepare for each day,

Enjoy!
AnaisStar

Re: Daily shower cleansing spell

Post by AnaisStar »

I do something similar every day as well in the shower. I usually dont say/chant anything. I should change that and start adding that bit in.

Thanks for posting.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

AnaisStar wrote:I do something similar every day as well in the shower. I usually dont say/chant anything. I should change that and start adding that bit in.

Thanks for posting.
The chant for me is actually the most important part of this spell. It is the chant that actually triggers the magical cleansing processes. Otherwise its just a double shower. The chant is what really puts the negative energy into the soap. Its the trigger for the soap to gather the negative energy and rise it away like it does dirt and sweat.

This can be a very powerful spell. I've often found that repeating the chant to the tune of "rain rain go away" can make it easier to repeat and has even added more power. Considering that a shower can be "indoor rain". Its something to consider.
13blackcats

Post by 13blackcats »

Thank you for posting this. I have been using this when I think of it since I read this several days ago.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

13blackcats wrote:Thank you for posting this. I have been using this when I think of it since I read this several days ago.
Its a simple and effective spell I have found for releasing the issues of the day before. We all carry the stress of the day before us to the next day. By removing it in the shower we are ready to face another day. When stressed out about a presentation, job interview, or what not this shower can also release those stresses for the day leaving us with a fresh look on the situations. I'm glad you are finding it useful.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Wow! Thank you for sharing this loona! Definitely will do this!

I love my time in the shower; it's one of the times during my day that I use for bringing myself to the present moment, and sometimes I get the best aha moments while I'm showering. Nice to see someone else who uses bath time for magickal working and spiritual connecting.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Seraphin wrote:Wow! Thank you for sharing this loona! Definitely will do this!

I love my time in the shower; it's one of the times during my day that I use for bringing myself to the present moment, and sometimes I get the best aha moments while I'm showering. Nice to see someone else who uses bath time for magickal working and spiritual connecting.
It can be modified to work in a bath as well. The important thing is the chant and the visualization of the water being gray from taking away all the energy.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Thanks again, loona! You rock!!!
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Seraphin wrote:Thanks again, loona! You rock!!!
I am glad that I can help. I just posted another spell that I think many people here will find useful.
BlueMoonRose

Post by BlueMoonRose »

I tried this, this morning and it worked great!!! Thanks!
Brightheart

Post by Brightheart »

I also tried your spell this morning, and it did wonders! Very soothing, and it's a lovely spiritual exercise to intertwine with an everyday task.

The visualization of all the negative blockage leaving the spiritual self and being 'banished' to the drain was oh so very satisfying, and it really got my chakra wheels spinning. I'll be definitely adding this to my day-to-day routine.

P.S. The cold water part -really- wakes you up, and adds a higher sense of awareness and vitality. Loved it <3

Brightest Blessings,
~Brightheart~
Empathy is really the opposite of spiritual meanness. It's the capacity to understand that every war is both won and lost. And that someone else's pain is as meaningful as your own.
Barbara K.
RoseRed92

Post by RoseRed92 »

I love shower magic like this. :) this made me feel really wonderful all day!
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

I'm really glad you are all finding it very useful. I've recently done some more modification with this spell to fit the daily work I have been doing as part of my training in the Feri tradition. The basis remains the same I just end the shower with a flow of rainbow light filling me up replacing that which was removed having it be transformed from something that wouldn't serve me into something that would serve me for that day.
Xx

Post by Xx »

This is a great spell to start with. I am new to wicca so I've been trying to find a simple spell to start with. Thanks!
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Peronette wrote:This is a great spell to start with. I am new to wicca so I've been trying to find a simple spell to start with. Thanks!
Feel free to play with it an adapt it for your needs. I no longer take a double shower for example and just use the showers first wash to cleanse and clean but the visualization and the chants remained. Let me know how it works for you.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”