Tarot spell work

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
autumnmoon

Tarot spell work

Post by autumnmoon »

I just recently picked up a book called tarot spells by janina Renee. I've been through it and so far they are simple spells, but I like how she has spells with the tarot cards. Has anyone else tried this or picked up the same book? Thoughts ideas? Has anyone tried tarot spells? And if so, how was it?
syngerin

Re: Tarot spell work

Post by syngerin »

I'm having a look at the book and the spells look interesting, so thanks for it:)

They are not exactly spells, but I use tarot for visualization exercises. I found tarot mandalas especially effective for clarifying what I really wanted. I remember the one I made earlier this month (taken from a book by Mary Greene), in preparation for the New Year, where I used tarot to visualize what I wanted for all the different aspects of my life. So wonderful! Also because I am very visual, and my deck is full of colors and images, so you can imagine how happy and relaxed that mandala made me feel at the end:)
lilmizsunshine727

Post by lilmizsunshine727 »

I haven't picked up that book, but I have done tarot spells an I really like the ones I've tried.
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. -William Shakespeare
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

autumnmoon wrote:I just recently picked up a book called tarot spells by janina Renee...Has anyone else tried this or picked up the same book?
One of my fav books. smileylove Amazing what one could do with a deck of tarot cards.

creatrix

Post by creatrix »

I have not read the book but it sounds great. I use tarot all the time in spells, and oracle cards. They are a great tool for visualization but I've also actually used a particular deck ONLY for magic and burned some of the cards in fire magic spells to aid in manifestation. I've banished negative energy using certain swords cards during waning moon for example. For prosperity I focus on 6 or 9 pentacles. To connect with angelic energy I use Judgment or Temperance. I love tarot, it is truly a visual book of life.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

creatrix wrote:I've also actually used a particular deck ONLY for magic and burned some of the cards in fire magic spells to aid in manifestation.
Cool.

creatrix wrote:I've banished negative energy using certain swords cards.
Me too, negative people especially! lol The swords and the pentacles are very handy. You could get a lot done with them!

creatrix wrote:I love tarot, it is truly a visual book of life.
I consider tarot imagery a tableau of the travails of humanity. Life is a living tarot deck. I often think about things I see around me (or that I'm personally experiencing) in terms of tarot imagery, even when I'm not trying to. It's a very subconscious process for me.

It sounds like you really don't need to read the book. It sounds like you know how to do this already. At most, the book may give you some ideas for new spreads, as it's always interesting to see how other people do things. But, if you're like me, you're just going to modify the heck out of the spreads in the book anyway. So, might as well just use your own, haha. The book was a nice jumping off place for me, but I basically do my own thing at this point. :wink:

creatrix

Post by creatrix »

Kassandra -
I think in tarot imagery too! I'm having a 4 of Cups day today mixed with a little bit of the Hermit.
About the book, yes I am like you, and would probably do my own thing!
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Lol
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

I'm having a 10 of wands day with a bit of 4 of swords and the Star
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

This is a really interesting concept. I would be interested in hearing more about people's personal experiences using Tarot in their spellwork. :)

I may try writing a spell or two incorporating the cards, I have a good bond with them.

~Falcon

Return to “Tarot Talk”