I think I'm being warned?

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
Heartsong

I think I'm being warned?

Post by Heartsong »

Hey everyone,

I've been seeing this figure outside my house for a few months now. It looks alot like this, but with longer arms, extremely tall, and slightly stooping shoulders:

It always stands beneath a tree in my front yard, in a kind of stooped over position. I never feel threatened, exactly, more like uncomfortable. I'm not sure if it's a guardian spirit of the woods around my property or if it's something else. I know that it definitely isn't human.I also don't want to think it's a shadow person, although it looks like one. I've seen a hooded figure for most of my adult life where ever I happen to be living, but this thing is different. When it stands there, I get the feeling that it wants me to see it, which is very, very creepy. I think it might be warning me in some manner, but I don't know what kind of warning that might be. I know that I just don't like it.

I'm putting up a picture of the tree that it stands under. I'm not comfortable trying to communicate with it or opening my senses to it. Looking at this picture ( I know it's really dark and hard to see, but I get heeby jeebies when I look at it) can any of you tell me what you're sensing or if you've had a similar experience, perhaps tell me more about what I'm dealing with?

Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: I think I'm being warned.

Post by SnowCat »

It might be the tree's spirit. I have no other ideas.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
Heartsong

Re: I think I'm being warned.

Post by Heartsong »

Thank you for the idea, SnowCat. I'll see if I can make a connection with the tree and find out if that's the case. I hope that's all it is.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Heartsong

Re: I think I'm being warned?

Post by Heartsong »

I checked out the tree this morning before going to work. I touched it and opened up to it and the spirit within it is nothing like what I see next to it at night. Still, that was a great idea, SnowCat, thank you. I made a very positive connection and I think a new friend, in a tree-ish sort of way. Maybe that'll discourage the creature (I have no other word for it, really I don't) from appearing near it. I don't think it's harming it, but it isn't something I'd want standing next to me!

I'm still open to any suggestions and impressions from you guys. Thank you!
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

This is a better picture of the tree. I hope y'all can get a better impression from this. Thanks!
Tree 3.jpg
Tree 3.jpg (30.49 KiB) Viewed 2649 times
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Altairtigris

Post by Altairtigris »

When I first read this I laid in bed thinking about it, trying to come up with an explanation. My only thought was that maybe the tree was ill and the tree spirit was trying to draw your attention to it. But bang goes that idea now :D There seems to be other trees around that one though, is it the spirit of a nearby tree, but stood under that one because it's more directly in your line of sight?
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

That's also a possibility, Altairgris, thank you for the suggestion. My only hesitance with that idea is that these creature I see comes across as very territorial, like I'm in its space. I've made offerings to the spirits and faeries that live in the woods around me, but perhaps I need to look into giving that particular spirit one as well? Or find some kind of way to appease it, for lack of a better term? I don't think it'd harm me, exactly, but it doesn't seem to mind intimidating me. I'd hate to think that there are tree spirits like that. :( If so, it's the first one I've met.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

My first reaction just by looking at the picture made me feel uncomfortable. Even after thinking and looking at it I get the odd feeling that for some reason this spirit is trying to scare you. If it were me I would try and offer it things. Be sure to smudge your house just in case of danger. I do get the feeling this is not a tree spirit though. I wish you the best of luck and please be careful. Blessed Be.
dreadedpsychopomp

Post by dreadedpsychopomp »

Hmm, I don't get a good feeling about this thing. I sat on whether to respond or not but keep thinking maybe I should. I'm with Lillady and don't think it's a tree spirit. It doesn't strike me as a wild spirit in general. What do you know about the history of the area? My thought is that it could be a ghost.
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

My first reaction just by looking at the picture made me feel uncomfortable. Even after thinking and looking at it I get the odd feeling that for some reason this spirit is trying to scare you. If it were me I would try and offer it things. Be sure to smudge your house just in case of danger. I do get the feeling this is not a tree spirit though.
Thank you, Lillady. I'd been putting off performing a smudging of the house, but now that you've mentioned it, I think I'll step up and go ahead. To be absolutely honest, I get the exact same feeling, that it's trying to scare me. I also have my doubts that its a tree spirit, but it can't hurt to look into every possibility. I'll look into what offerings I might could make.
Hmm, I don't get a good feeling about this thing. I sat on whether to respond or not but keep thinking maybe I should. I'm with Lillady and don't think it's a tree spirit. It doesn't strike me as a wild spirit in general. What do you know about the history of the area? My thought is that it could be a ghost.
Thank you for responding, hon, I appreciate that you spoke up. There are wild spirits around the house where I grew up, and this doesn't feel like them, so I think I can rule them out as well. As far as the history....*deep breath*.

Ok. This house and the surrounding ten acres, I inherited from my grandfather after he passed. While he didn't die in this house, two other people did. My grandmother, with whom I had a very, very nasty relationship with, died in the house about eight years ago. I don't even use the room that she passed in, which was the old master bedroom, now a storage room because I'm not comfortable in there. My dad's youngest brother, my favorite uncle, deliberately overdosed on his medication and went into a coma in another bedroom in the house in 2000. Technically, he physically passed in a hospital, but he was brain dead for two weeks before that. I think his spirit moved on here He was pretty young, but he had a lot of health and personal problems. With that said, I don't believe this is either one of them. My grandmother's spirit left the house when I moved in because I kicked her out. I didn't want her here. My uncle lingered for several years after his death ( I saw him often in the house as a teenager, or at least, his regrets and sadness lingering in his shape), but stopped seeing and feeling him a few years ago.

My grandparents bought this house right around 1970, and lived in it for well over thirty years. I don't know who they bought it from, but it was built in the 50's by another family. I can't personally confirm that there was a Native American presence specifically where I live, but the Cherokee did live in the area. I have very few neighbors, but they do exist and I have no idea about their activities or personal histories. :(

I'm starting to wonder if this thing was drawn to me or my house because of the negative connotations I had with the house for so long. I was nervous going in because I knew I was going to have to confront a lot of memories, emotions, and a rather cantankerous elder relative's ghost. I don't see it in the house, which I am very happy about, but sometimes I think it comes up to the windows and looks in ( I have a big window in our bathroom and when you have to go in the middle of the night, look up and see that thing staring at you out in the darkness? Relief comes quickly, let me tell you!). My husband has a telekinetic ability to make his negativity manifest into an entity, which we experienced at his parent's house, but never while living together, so I don't think this creature is that either, although it may be a possibility. The fact that it doesn't come in the house is a point not in its favor to me though. :evilwitch:

Thoughts anyone?
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
dreadedpsychopomp

Post by dreadedpsychopomp »

Depending on your wards, if any, it might not be able to enter. As you said, that's not a point in its favor. Can you think of any reason it would want to intimidate you? Ghosts often have deep seated reasons for what they do. Spirits and nonhuman entities, not always. Did your family members who lived there before you ever mention it or have any serious enemies? It strikes me that maybe the specific tree where it hangs out is significant. Unless that's where the wards begin, I think there's a reason why it would choose to stand there instead of moving around. Besides a ghost, it could be nonhuman full stop and just messing around or trying to communicate some desire or another and not doing very well. It seems more like a ghost to me, though. I'm not sure why. I hope you figure this out safely.

Edit to add: Try asking the tree itself for information. That tree has been there for a long time and has experienced and witnessed who knows what history as it happened. Open up to the tree, ask, and investigate any impressions, visions, etc. :)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I see a face in the front tree in the picture. It isn't a happy face.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

SnowCat wrote:I see a face in the front tree in the picture. It isn't a happy face.

Frosty
SnowCat, dearest, you should write horror. Really, those two sentences made me just walk over to the wall and turn on the lights. Worse, I see that face too. :shock:

*Shiver*

Dread,

The only reason I can think of it wanting to intimidate me is that it's territorial. It's trying to tell me that I'm in its space, maybe? And as far as I know, no, no one in my family has, or had, any serious enemies, and as far as I know, I don't either. I'll open up to the tree again tomorrow, in the daylight. That was an excellent suggestion, thank you.

I'll post here as to how that goes. Thank you for the responses, everyone, I appreciate it immensely!
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Would it be in your budget to invite a local medium over to your house, to give you a report? Also, when your body's up to it, you need to do some serious cleansing work of that entire property (including the land), followed by some regular protection work. Older properties like that tend to need more maintenance, literally and spiritually-speaking. If the medium you hire happens to be a witch, maybe she could help you with the cleansing and protection work, give your own work some oomph.

From your back story above, I can't help but wonder if that's really grandma standing there, feeling all forlorn and left out. I know you guys had your run ins, but that was her home for 30 years, after all. Perhaps she misses it. I tell you, women, especially elderly women from our grandmothers' generation, are extremely territorial about their homes. You gotta' figure, women of that era didn't have outside jobs or college degrees etc. to give them self-esteem. Their entire world revolved around their families, and that's it, that's all they knew from birth to death.

I helped this lady who lived in the house where the ghost of the previous owner, an elderly woman, was still standing in front of the stove frying eggs and bacon. I could see her, and the current occupant would wake up to the smell of eggs and bacon cooking every morning, drove her nuts. lol The old lady was especially territorial about the bathroom, for some reason. I know of several similar stories involving women and their (former) homes.

Anyway, if you find out that it is her after all, maybe you could stand by the tree one morning and speak some conciliatory words to set her spirit free, something like, "Grandma, I know we had our share of negativity, but your spirit is welcomed here, as long as you do not cause harm. This was your home and you raised a fine family," etc. And maybe leave an offering of a dish of old-fashioned candy and a cup of her favorite tea near the tree, put both on a little crocheted doily, etc.

Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Unfortunately, Kassandra, I don't think it would be. :( I have a friend that would be more than happy to do it for free, but he lives an hour away and his schedule wouldn't allow him to come and get a sense of the place for a long while. It's something to look into though, I'll put a bug in a couple other friends' ears and see if they can find someone. If that person happens to be a witch, the better, I agree.

And I also agree about what I should do in the immediate future. I really need to perform a major cleansing of the house and land (or the yard, at least). I haven't set down any protection wards yet (time and other things are pesky little beasts that divert my attention), but I do plan on doing so, once I heal a bit more. Do any of you have advice on cleansing? I've only ever done one, a small apartment, and it backfired to kingdom come and back again (largely due to one very overconfident witch and a lack of experience).

Again, thank you!
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”