Some of My art

Share photos or links to your arts and crafts here. Jewelry, paintings, crafts, graphic art.
LifeAuras

Some of My art

Post by LifeAuras »

This one is from the Fantasy books the WoT by Robert Jordan the character is Martim Cauthon with his long forgoten queen and his future wife.

This is God of Fire

Two Dragon Knights

A character i did for a friend

This is my fav drawing of A Druid

Goddess Flute

This is the Fool an illustration for my own tarot cards.

A bit of character design

This is a drawing i did on the concept Time
It's what it is
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Some of My art

Post by Firebird »

DUDE! freaking fabulous! I especially like the 2nd and the third one... and the Jester like character is really good, it reminds me of The Fool tarot card and is very reminiscent of the imagery from the Renaissance Faire.
good work :D
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
AnnaKaterina

Post by AnnaKaterina »

Wow Martin you are truly talented dear. They are all beautiful. Where do you get the inspiration from? Feels as if these are all from a dream or vision of a population that possibly lives hidden from today's world. It is very fascinating dear. These images remind me of a elvish race I used to dreamed of long time ago. Especially the second drawing.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Wow, these are fantastic! I'm curious - do you have a consistent set of characters you draw?
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
LifeAuras

Post by LifeAuras »

firebirdflys wrote:DUDE! freaking fabulous! I especially like the 2nd and the third one... and the Jester like character is really good, it reminds me of The Fool tarot card and is very reminiscent of the imagery from the Renaissance Faire.
good work :D
Firebird
Thanks,

The second one is called Flute the Yong Goddess, the 3rd one is Birth of a Dragon, the Fool one is The Fool i decided to make a Tarot Deck so i am practicing illustrations, for the Fool drawing i actually did some research and what should be represented in the illustration, there i am missing the cliff and the miniature dog.
It's what it is
Altairtigris

Post by Altairtigris »

Thank you for sharing these with us.

Blessed be
LifeAuras

Post by LifeAuras »

AnnaKaterina wrote:Wow Martin you are truly talented dear. They are all beautiful. Where do you get the inspiration from? Feels as if these are all from a dream or vision of a population that possibly lives hidden from today's world. It is very fascinating dear. These images remind me of a elvish race I used to dreamed of long time ago. Especially the second drawing.
Thank you AnnaKaterina,

When i draw i try to depict fantasy scenery and characters that take the observer to distant words the drawings are just a door step to those worlds where the one watching gets to finish the my initial thought with their own world and perspective. Mostly i get my inspirations from books that i read, i always try to draw the characters in the environments that they dwell and interact. Sometimes i just draw, expressions, poses, movement, environments, items being welded by those characters, individuals or my own characters. I really do like Elf's and magical creatures. The second drawing comes from a book writen by David Eddings from the series the Belgariath. In those books there is a Yong Goddess called Flute that interacts with the Elder Gods and slowly she is gathering disciples by hand picking them herself. :) so the picture of that woman is the Yong Goddess Flute. In the picture i tried to capture the Feeling that she radiates. Right now i am making an illustrated book here are the first panels of it.

i just have to add the dialog and do some touch ups. Hope you like those too.
It's what it is
LifeAuras

Post by LifeAuras »

Xiao Rong wrote:Wow, these are fantastic! I'm curious - do you have a consistent set of characters you draw?
Thanks Xiao Rong

Yes i am making an illustrated book. But mostly i try always to make new characters with their own apparel and props.
It's what it is
AnnaKaterina

Post by AnnaKaterina »

Martin, they are breathtaking dear. I simply love them. These illustrations are they for a comic book you are making? If so I hope to read it one day once it is complete. You are a truly stunning talent dear.
LifeAuras

Post by LifeAuras »

AnnaKaterina wrote:
Martin, they are breathtaking dear. I simply love them. These illustrations are they for a comic book you are making? If so I hope to read it one day once it is complete. You are a truly stunning talent dear.
Thanks Anna

Yes they are for a comic book but more advanced and refined version with more complex and more detailed illustrations. I will surely send you a copy. On that note i was thinking ... i already know where to take the story from here... the character enters a tavern where he stays for few days and has random conversations with the patrons of the establishment and the village... since he makes the same journey every year. So my original thought was if someone has an idea of how the story might take a turn... would be nice if you or any other could share a scenario. That way i will have more than one option. My own. As well as where would be nice the story to go from here, that way i wont be the only one that put work in to it. Plus would be nice to work with someone else on it. I think it would enhance my creative proses as well get other people involved. As you can see i still have not started on the dialog.
It's what it is
AnnaKaterina

Post by AnnaKaterina »

Martin, that would be fun dear. Sure I'll share with you ideas and what my imagination brings forth by watching your comic drawings above. Let me think about it a little, and I will get back to you on this one later today once I finally am off shift and get a little bit of sleep. ;)
LifeAuras

Post by LifeAuras »

One of my projects this is on a 19 x 24 inch scetch book
A planer siting in the Time halls while the winds of time rage outside of the Temple.

It's what it is
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Oh, come on! How do you people learn to draw like this? I totally envy you! I wish this was something I could learn! It's just not fair!
LifeAuras

Post by LifeAuras »

Elcida wrote:Oh, come on! How do you people learn to draw like this? I totally envy you! I wish this was something I could learn! It's just not fair!
Hello Elcida,

Thanks for the compliment means that all those hours trying to perfect a drawing have paid of.

Drawing is not a talent but rather a skill that you learn. I really started drawing 12 years ago but what got me started was a failure to join an Art class back when i was 7 years old. I got rejected and since then i been trying to improve my drawing skills. Attending Graphic Design and Video Games Design school contributed to the levels of perfection and knowledge on the subject that i have achieved, but like i said if you don't sit to draw the drawing will not draw itself. The Best way to learn fast is to do fan art drawings meaning copy from other artist but always give credit until you have learned the basics of form and shape and you have "broken" your hand to the routine of drawing certain things. Other than that after that you can pretty much draw whatever you want. A small advice from me... Look for shapes when you draw and the lines will come by themselves on the paper.
It's what it is
AnnaKaterina

Post by AnnaKaterina »

Alright Martin, here is an idea to a possible story for your comic book. It might be stupid but hey at least it is an idea :oops:

STORY: This character, the man on the drawings walking through the town on a cold cold winter evening is the main character of course, you obviously picked him for that already :wink:
He is on his way to a tavern as you said it yourself. This is something he has done for a long time, on a same day every year he shows up (by the way he is an immortal). He is going there waiting for someone to show up. He knows this because of a prophecy. He will meet there a young person, that is about to get a beating because they stole food from a nearby table as where this main character will be seated, same time suddenly the tavern will be attacked by a deadly creature/monster.
Anyways this young person is a girl of course loveface When he sees her eyes he knows this is who he was waiting for, the outer appearance and age is different from what he remembers her, but the eyes are one thing that never change no matter how many rebirths a soul gets (no wonder many say eyes are windows to ones soul).

Now this young teenager is dirty, hungry and tough, yet has a vulnerable pureness and warmth in their heart that makes the main character to become her protector, her body guard, her samurai warrior etc etc. He will be there to protect her as it happens on her 18th birthday which is also the day they meet in the tavern she gains powers that are those of a deity.

How come the main character knows this is because he himself was a deity that chose to become human for her sake, yet all human he is not since he wasn't reborn as the young girl is (but became an immortal). He simply chose to walk upon earth until the day he would eventually meet her and help her fulfill her destiny that was chosen for her, but due to her being killed on her 18th birthday time after time, she was never able to fulfill what she was sent to earth for. And because she never reaches to gain her powers of a deity she isn't able to go back to her previous self AS a deity after death, as a punishment, and this is the reason of her constant re-birth. Now when this originally was planed, was hundreds of years ago, and many dozen of life's of constant re-birth for her. And due to this re-birth even after gaining her power this time due to the main character saving her from being yet again killed by a nameless creature appearing in the tavern and slaughtering everyone, except her because this time the warrior kills the creature and the girl is saved from death and re-birth.

The main character takes the young woman with him and sees that she doesn't remember anything, including him. Now the chapters will be strugglings of survival, and constant running into creatures that are deadly, where the main character needs to fight to protect her in order to fulfill her duty and heal whatever obstacle and demonic destruction in different places they travel through. In this journey, they learn more of each other and more about magic and powers and their past as she slowly through each chapter she start gaining piece by piece of her memory before choosing to descend to earth as a human being. n the journey they also gain alias both human warriors as well as other forgotten deities walking upon earth. Of course a love story will also evolve with time between these two main characters.

well that's it for my idea of a story...I am a sucker for romance dear and actings involving dangerous deadly creatures, demons and evil deities, the dead spirits and zombies etc etc attacking. All this in a comic book mixed in this story would make one heck of a interesting comic dear ;)

Alright you asked for a idea and you got it goodnevil
Sorry if it to lame LOL

Return to “Artwork”