Being a Snake

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Peregrine

Being a Snake

Post by Peregrine »

I've seen many interpretations on snake dreams in general, but little or no info if the dreamer is the actual snake, either harmless (non-poisonous) or a dangerous one (like a cobra). I've had snake dreams many times but usually I am not troubled by them. The snakes are usually harmless and non-poisonous. Cobras always terrified me though, yet I became one in a dream years ago. Any ideas, without boring you with the bizarre details of my "I was a snake" dreams?
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
Althara

Re: Being a Snake

Post by Althara »

Have you looked into the Snake being one of your totem animals? That would be the most obvious explanation to me.

...either that, or were you reading Harry Potter before bed? xD
Kei Kawazu

Post by Kei Kawazu »

Once I had a dream, actually sort of recently, where I was a treefrog.

Someone noticed that I was a tree frog and tried to catch me so I went into the middle of the road to lose the chaser lol, going between cars tires and stuff lol.

And snakes I have heard actually are grounded animals, and that they have to do with the um kundalini or something.
Once I dreampt a snake wrapped around my left arm and fused with it then a chunk fo my arm was missing, and another snake dream I had was there was a bucket of swords, one sword was forbidden and cursed and was white like birch and had bloodstains on it, and I picked it up and snakes came after me from deep inside the tunnel, then I woke up.

But idk all you need to do is change the different interpretations from 3rd person to 1st person I would think if you wanted to find the meaning.
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

LOL Athara! I've never read any Harry Potter books. Heh heh.

Kei Kawazu, I've wondered about the kundalini. Okay, here is one description specifically on what happened in one dream a few months ago... I was crawling up a structure of some kind, I think it was a telephone pole, in a spiral or coil. I went very high, and looked down at the trees and a playground in a city park below me. It was a nice dream but still, the feeling of crawling up in a spiral like that was odd.

I had one about a week or so ago about a snake, but I was not the actual snake. I posted it here, about seeing my left hand. Yeah, that is about all I could think of at the time, that I saw my hand. That one is loaded with more symbols than I can shake a stick at.

This would not be the first time I've posted a dream question that had puzzled me for some time, only to have some answers come to me almost immediately after posting the question. :)

There was one years ago that still bugs me but I think I'm on to it now.
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

(Smacks forehead) ANIMAL TOTEMS AND ANIMAL GUIDES! DUH! Thanks for the reminder. It helps me understand a bit more here and helps clarify still yet a few issues on the other dream (where I see my left hand). This site has helped me a lot in the past and it just did again:

http://spiritwalkministry.com/spirit_gu ... al_spirits

I did a bit of research and the snake in my other dream was a kind of rat snake that is solid black with white lips and white tummy. Love what it says about rat snakes there. Sounds a lot like me right now. Having two different conversations here from two different threads. My bad. *sighs*

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”