Weird dream... Can someone help me with it?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Amaris

Weird dream... Can someone help me with it?

Post by Amaris »

So... Last week when it was Full Moon, I asked for my Matron Goddess Selene to come down in my dreams... It was something I did because I just felt like calling for her. And in that night she came in my dream but only for a little while, then the God I think he might be my Patron God, took her place and she left knowingly (actually I am kind of sure he is after this dream)... The first dream was like a day between a daughter and her father. He was really kind to me and we played together as I was being a child, we spoke a lot and he told me many things in that dream...
But two days ago, I had another dream with him. I knew he was going to come into my dreams even before that (he didn't told me he'll come). The dream started with the place where I was born, but it was a strange landscape and dark (my dreams are always dark with small amount of light in them - only the necessary to see around me), more apocalyptic with people dressed all in black, they were walking without any force in them, like they were missing life. The entire town was surrounded by huge and empty concrete pools, which were spread all over town. In each of those pools there were death bodies, scattered in it (every pool had from one to three bodies in it)... My boyfriend, soon to be my husband was all the time with me. We walked through town without talking and just looking around not believing what it was happening... and how my hometown looked. At some point we got to a huge stone bridge and there were lots of people walking with their heads bent, we were looking at them but they weren't looking at us and I had the feeling that it was raining even if it wasn't. The bridge was over one of those pools and when I looked over its edge I saw one of those death bodies in it and in the time I was looking at it, it came to life and started to walk. Not being scared, but more indifferent too what was happening, me and my boyfriend continued to walk until we got to another pool, after we passed some big stairs. There were three bodies, one of them belonging to a girl with black hair. There were people gathered around the pool like they were waiting for something to happen and in the next moment some of them jumped into the pool and went next to that girl. Me and my boyfriend did the same thing as them and we waited to see what was happening when the girl came to life. I can't really explain how she was, she didn't look alive even if her face was human. She wasn't pale either, but somehow I knew she was nothing but an evil entity that took over that body. The girl got attached to my boyfriend after that and she became somehow his guardian, or that's what she told me. After that she kept making a hard time for me. AFter a while as we all walked together we got to another bridge, this time smaller than the first one. On that bridge the girl started to bully me and my boyfriend did nothing against that. She said something to me, to prove who I am and I hesitated to do so, saying I will not fall into her trap, but after that she continued bugging me about it and I said okay, I will do it only to get rid of her big and annoying mouth. At that point I marked a circle at my feet and I stood in the middle of it. I don't know what it was suppose to be, but it didn't feel right. When she saw I hesitated to continue the ritual, she said that I have to show her my tail if I want everything to be good and she was making fun of me because of some power and other things (?)... To complete the ritual I needed horse blood and the next second a dark brown, almost black horse appeared next to me like he was smiling and the horse showed me its teeth. When I looked at them I saw blood coming through them and the horse bent his head so I could take its blood. He was willingly giving me his blood. After I took it, I draw a pentacle in front of my right leg with the horse blood, I said an incantation I don't remember, but it sounded dark and scary and then the sky started to become red and stormy clouds came toward us.One particular cloud looked like it was pointing towards me. The sky started to brake very oddly and grey and black clouds started to appear on it, but even if in the air I could feel a storm approaching us, it was really quit around us. The girl was waiting impatient when my Patron God appeared behind us and he took me into his arm, making the circle disappear. He was looking like a beast, with horns and with a tail... He was very dark and very tall, like a giant and at first I was scared of him, but he told me its no need to feel like this because he will never hurt me. After that he told the "zombie girl" that I don't have a tail and that as his child I do not need a one, because I am not an ordinary child of his... and that if she will ever approach me again, he will kill her.... That moment felt very real and when I woke up I was still feeling Ahriman's cold presence next to me in bed...

There were more things into it, but I don't remember everything.... I forgot to write it down after I waked up and there were other things that my God told me, but I prefer not to tell them. The thing is that I would need an interpretation, because is kind of driving me crazy this dream. I am not to good at interpreting dreams. And the part with the "tail" it was really strange and weird. It was the only thing beside the horse that I was actually seeing it like I was looking through some macro lenses, that was very evident to me in the dream. And the pools, too... Since I started to accept him as my God, I have these weird dreams with him, or about him. And he always addresses me as his child... I feel protected and safe, but I know that the God who chose me is from a dark side... I shouldn't be scared or anything, but this dream and the thing with the tail made me a little bit worried... And I want to say that this is not the entire dream. I don't remember all the dream and the exact facts. Another thing I want to say, is that this God, Ahriman (as he told me to call him) always seems to want to replace Selene and even if I call for her, she comes but soon after Ahriman comes too and she is leaving without a word. He is very dominant or so it seems :|

Sorry for writing so much... I just needed to explain everything if there is someone who is willing to help me interpret it. I would be much grateful to that person or to those who will answer me. Thank you!

Amaryss
stariebird11

Re: Weird dream... Can someone help me with it?

Post by stariebird11 »

Wow your dream is very overwhelming isn't it? :D Well I can't interpret your dream at the moment, but i'll be sure to comment when I get the chance. I'm guessing here, but maybe some of this dream was set up by your Patron God to show you he will protect you. Well, don't think to much on this I just want to let you know i will look it up :)

~*Brightest Blessings*~
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning how to dance in the rain
-Unknown
Amaris

Post by Amaris »

stariebird11 wrote:Wow your dream is very overwhelming isn't it? :D Well I can't interpret your dream at the moment, but i'll be sure to comment when I get the chance. I'm guessing here, but maybe some of this dream was set up by your Patron God to show you he will protect you. Well, don't think to much on this I just want to let you know i will look it up :)

~*Brightest Blessings*~
Yep, it is overwhelming, like all of the dreams I have with him in the last two weeks... Thank you so much for your help. I am very grateful and don't worry about it. Whenever you can is fine with me, because I am not in a hurry... I just want to find some meaning to it... And at interpreting dreams I'm quite bad :oops: ... I did thought about him, showing me that he'll protect me, but then there are some things that just are to strange for me to understand... Like the horse giving me its blood, all the dark and creepy things around me and Ahriman, sleeping into my bed, next to me. I dream this a lot.
stariebird11

Post by stariebird11 »

Okay well I finally was able to get some interpretations on your dream (sorry it took me so long) and there are a couple of subjects i was able to make out. Alot of the characteristics of your dream, the pool of water, corpses, and I decided to conclude that the horse was wounded due to the blood, all related to a bad relationship. The fact that your boyfriend was featured in your dream may hint that the relationship might come to an ending. BUT WAIT! Just because that is in your dream doesn't mean you should end the relationship. you never know, a dream could look like it means one thing and can be completely different. I tripled check everything and you described Ahriman just like the pictures appear. So, maybe he was showing you that he will be there for you if you do indeed end your relationship. Well that was the main thing I recieved from your dreams but just remember that interpreting dreams and the outcome doesn't always have to be carried out. Anyway I hope this helped and if you have any more questions or interpretations on this dream i'd be happy to do it :)
~*Brightest Blessings*~
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning how to dance in the rain
-Unknown
Amaris

Post by Amaris »

stariebird11 wrote:Okay well I finally was able to get some interpretations on your dream (sorry it took me so long) and there are a couple of subjects i was able to make out. Alot of the characteristics of your dream, the pool of water, corpses, and I decided to conclude that the horse was wounded due to the blood, all related to a bad relationship. The fact that your boyfriend was featured in your dream may hint that the relationship might come to an ending. BUT WAIT! Just because that is in your dream doesn't mean you should end the relationship. you never know, a dream could look like it means one thing and can be completely different. I tripled check everything and you described Ahriman just like the pictures appear. So, maybe he was showing you that he will be there for you if you do indeed end your relationship. Well that was the main thing I recieved from your dreams but just remember that interpreting dreams and the outcome doesn't always have to be carried out. Anyway I hope this helped and if you have any more questions or interpretations on this dream i'd be happy to do it :)
~*Brightest Blessings*~

Thank you so much for taking time to interpret my dream, it helped and you really got it right :D ... I only saw your reply today, but yesterday I did thought about breaking up with my boyfriend and I even told him that... But I think it was more something I needed to say because I didn't know how to deal with the situation we were into (I have some problems and he is a very insensitive person and sometimes he just gives me the wrong idea) and I never really had the intention to break up with him because I love him, but he can be really difficult sometimes so it was something I said... More instinctively. In the end, we talked and everything is fine now...
I don't know if the horse was wounded, I only remember looking at his teeth and then suddenly it started to bleed (even so, it looked happy and like it was smiling) and gave me its blood for me to make the pentacle.
I don't know what to say about Ahriman. I started to slowly accept him in my heart... But he still creeps me out, especially after the image he showed me in this last dream. At the beginning he came to me looking more human. I guess I still need to get use with it and wait to see what the future holds.
There would be other things that I need to figure out, but I think those are things that I will find in time. Maybe when Ahriman will come into my dreams again, he will explain to me the things I need to understand about him. I don't really think others could help me understand him better. I am the one who needs to confront him and be opened to what he has to say to me... Of course, I would like to understand why he showed me that monstrous image, but from some reason I know he won't tell me...
Anyway, thank you once again. I got really excited when I saw your reply. It's so nice to see that people you don't even know helps you with such intimate things and that they are opened to not only do it, but even getting it right.
stariebird11

Post by stariebird11 »

I'm so glad I could help!! I'll be honest I was worried about this interpretation in case I got something wrong and you ended your relationship :D. I'm glad you could settle things with your boyfriend; talking to people about your feelings can do wonders. I hope you can also figure out everything with Ahriman. (his pictures scared me a little so I could hardly imagine being in his presence!) At least you can count him as a friend in a way because I would want to stay on his good side. Just keep pulling through no matter how confusing your images are; thats all you can do. I'm glad I could help and good luck with your Patron God as well!! :)
-Unknown
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

Amazing that you had such an involved dream like that, where you can remember so many details. I just wanted to ask about a few little things.

You mention father god approaching as mother goddess walks away. This is just a "take it or leave it" idea for you. I remember sometimes as a child asking my mother for help on something, and she would tell me, "Ask your father." Sometimes it was the reverse. It happens now in my own family. Sometimes people will ask me something and I have to point out my husband and say, "He is the one who can field that one." The reverse happens too, where he will tell someone, "My wife handles that. Here, talk to this person." Is it possible Selene is doing likewise, where she knows Ahriman is the one who can help you with your current needs?

About the tail: I looked up a few things and found some interesting info about it. One was from this site saying the following:

"To dream that you have the tail of a beast grown on you, denotes that your evil ways will cause you untold distress, and strange events will cause you perplexity."

On this site it says:

"To see the tail of an animal is unfortuneate in many ways, chief of which is that through carelessness you may bring about disaster on your own head. Having grown the tail of an animal on your own person denotes the evil intent you have toward another which will be your downfall unless you change."

Maybe this zombie girl was acting as your accuser, suspicious that you have evil intentions, or even an adversary trying to sabatoge you in some way (telling you that you need one) to which Ahriman acts in your defense, telling her you have no evil intentions and don't need any?

This page says the following about tails in dreams:

"Alternatively, the dream represents balance. Or it may be a pun on 'being tailed' as in being followed or chased. To dream that you have grown a tail represents an aspect of the past that still lingers with you."

Other sources say tails is a phallic symbol and is about sexual energy so maybe I have that wrong anyway. You don't have to discuss that one here, just something to ponder. :lol: :oops:

Oftentimes these dream symbols are so personal and dictionaries/guides can be misdirected or even useless. Just look at all the conflicting info on snake dreams, for instance, and you know what I mean. :) Still, it gives us something to go on and thought maybe this might be a starter? Something to ponder, if anything, since you are so flabbergasted by the issue of the tail. So am I, for that matter. :D

Also don't know why he would feel cold as you describe him.

I never see these sorts of creatures in my dreams, to my recollection. They are either all human or all animal. What are you going to do? To each his/her own.
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
Amaris

Post by Amaris »

Thank you stariebird11. I think I need luck with Ahriman :))... He scares me too, most of the time. I know I shouldn't be afraid of him, but you can not stop thinking what kind of God he is and what if you make a small mistake and he gets angry? But then again, he never really showed me something that could make me feel like this toward him, even if I do and I can't help it...
And it was good talking to my boyfriend about my worries and everything else, even if there are more things to be clarified (but we both have our part of guilt in this story). We don't have a bad relationship or something like that. The only problem is that he is very insensitive to everything around him, and I am way too sensitive for my own good and on top of that I am agoraphobic, which means I can't do many things with him (like going out to a movie), because I rarely get out of the house and when I do, 90% of that time it doesn't end good ... And this was one of the causes why I thought we should separate... But talking to him was the best thing I could do on the moment. And I was quite impress how exactly you interpreted my dream (this kind of things still amazes me :D and you are awesome :) )... It's like magic :D ...

Peregrine, first I would like to say thank you, for making time and gave me a reply to my post.
You might be right about Ahriman and Selene. Honestly, I didn't thought about making such a connection between them, because I always felt that Ahriman wants to replace Selene (maybe it was just my imagination because of what he is). I tried once more to call for her, but instead of her coming, Ahriman was the one who came. I have the feeling that because of his nature, probably his vanity, he wants to be the one who will predominate in my life or my faith. But even so, they seem to understand each other very well. I didn't felt any negative energy between them. I guess,if I take this in consideration, your theory is much more appropriate than mine :D.

I don't know if it makes any sense with the tail, because I am not an evil person and I definitively will choose good over evil any time if I will have to choose. Like any other person, I do have a good part and a bad one, but our choices are the ones who define us eventually and I don't like to even think that I might do something bad that would make me consider myself as being evil. This only referring to the tail interpretation as having evil intentions. I do feel closer to the dark side of things, but I would never do something to hurt others.
One of the main things I think Ahriman chose me is because I have this inclination toward the dark side. Is something I had since I was little, but is an inclination which is within the good logic and good reasoning, which means I know how to make the difference between what is universally good and what is bad. So I think I can cut that interpretation from the list. :D I would more agree with the second interpretation you have made. But then, you might be right again, because sometimes when you are angry and upset about something that made you feel really hurt, you might have thoughts you didn't even think you can possible think. So still, bad intentions exist no matter if you are good or bad. Sometimes, you just think them even if you don't want to. The tail issue is really something I have to think deeply because it dominated most of my thoughts since I had the dream and even the dream.

I don't know on the moment what I'll do about Ahriman (if I understood your last question well), but I started to accept him and this is a start. With Selene was always different. She was always closer to my heart. Since I was little I believed in her existence and I would always say to anyone that I see her on the moon and I would talk to her very often. Even if no one believed me because all my family is Christian, I still believed in Selene and I never let go of my faith in her.

However, yesterday I was thinking about things I never really wanted to relate with Ahriman. For example, my mother told me many times that when she was little, until she had me, she was followed by an evil entity that she described as looking in the same way as Ahriman (my mother is a christian, but she was the one who raised me with different values and not in the christian spirit and taught me to believe in magic... ). Sometimes that evil entity would appear to her as a huge shadow with horns and red eyes. Afterwards, when I was five I started to have strange dreams with a beast that was chasing me inside a labyrinth. These dreams I had almost every night and is one of the only things I remember from that age. At age of seven I started to be followed by a shadow with horns and red eyes, just like my mother. It would appear to me being day or night and when I would sleep, that beast would be in my dreams always playing with me inside the labyrinth. It never hurt me or anything but it was there and when the dreams stopped years later, the memories of what I dreamed followed me everywhere. Even now I have times when I think about them.

Also at the age of seven, I started to talk with this entity (beast) and my mother asked me several times with who I was talking to. I always said to her that with no one. The thing is that after a few years I had a huge fight with this "entity" that was chasing me and I remember yelling at it to leave me alone. After that, dreams stopped and I stopped seeing the shadow. Then, when I was in high school, I started to have dreams again and be very interested in Ahriman. He appeared in one of my dreams, so I started to write a novel because that is what I felt doing, which I stopped writing it soon after, because of the things I saw every time I was writing his name. It just gave me chills.
But the thing is that when I told my mother about what happened to me, it was strange that she experienced, more or less the same things with the shadow. So, yesterday while this came to my mind... I started to think that what if Ahriman chose me before I was even born? I have the feeling that he was the one who followed me or my mother. The descriptions are to exactly to not think it was him. And thinking about the beast I dreamed when I was little and the image from the previous dream... It's actually the same... And why would he shown himself to my mother? And if it was really him, what would that mean?

Well...sorry for the immense amount of words. I guess I got carried away by talking about Ahriman :))... But since I started to accept him, I find more and more connections between him and the events from my life. And it's strange that I never thought about them before...
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

INCREDIBLE! I came back to ask about the Shadow Self when I saw this. I had come across a web page about some people seeing zombies or a zombie in dreams in regards to the shadow self. The tail is a befuddling one, isn't it?

I really liked reading your testimonial actually. I'll say this as I don't recall ever saying anything about it in the past, but when I was growing up, my mother and a few of our relatives on her side of the family all testified to the terrifying dream of seeing "the devil in the mirror." In one case, a relative talked of sitting at the mirror and seeing a shadowy figure, all black, with glowing red eyes. My mother talked of seeing him in the mirror in her dream, just all black but again the red eyes, as he was holding a Bible and laughing at her as though taunting. I never had any such dream and, when I went agnostic, became very complacent that I would never have to worry about such a thing. THEN... early in 2006.... this is part of what "woke me up" and got me back to researching spiritual issues. I had my dream. I dreamed of going into the bathroom. It was dark, and I saw two glowing red eyes from the mirror. I turned on the light switch and saw myself, or more a slightly warped version of me, with these red eyes. She was laughing at me and stuck her tongue out at me, a long black forked tongue. Talk about being freaked out. Even after I registered here, I could not talk about it for years. It was not until summer 2010 when I came across info and was introduced to the term "Shadow Self' that I finally asked about it. I only mentioned the red eyes when I asked and was afraid to indulge all the details (I still left a few things out by the way.,,,, uneasy :lol:) A young shaman at the time said that is most likely what that is. As soon as I began to examine my waking life, suddenly "CLICK" and like dominoes, it all fell into place, keeping that story short. Since then that Shadow Self has shifted and changed at least four times that I can remember. For everyone it is different but in my case, she shows herself in the mirror reflection. Hope you find your answer about that tail (Scratches head in confusion) But from the sounds of things, it does sound like you are more in touch and can work with "the dark side" better than other people can.
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
stariebird11

Post by stariebird11 »

"It's like magic..." YOU JUST MADE MY DAY! :D I was reading your reply to Peregrine and when you talked about Ahriman in some way choosing you before birth and about your childhood I almost thought of him acting as a fatherly figure in some odd way. How he also followed your mother as if he cared for her too; just a little thought :) And it's been killing me, so I decided to dig a little deeper on the tail and I found an interpretation that suggests that to have grown a tail could represent something of the past that still lingers with you. It could also infer that you soon have to apologize for the actions of your relatives. I don't know if these are right, but hey, at least it's not saying you have evil intentions! Hope this helped you a little :)
-Unknown

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”