Do love spells work?

Questions and posts about love spells.
ScarlettRose

Re: Do love spells work?

Post by ScarlettRose »

Ravencry wrote:Not all love spells force someone to you. There are spells that make your true love 'hurry' to you. So they come into your life quicker rather than call someone that doesn't have feelings for you.

True that. I think that these spells are better on yourself than the ones, like Ravencry said that makes someone come to you that really in the end doesn't have the feelings that you want them to have for you.. Actually Ravencry, you posted or shared with me a lovely spell like that! :D It's like a friday night love spell, I think... It's lovely though!
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Whenever I think of love spells i always remember the scene in 'The Craft' where the guy she cast the spell on tries to rape her and any smidgeon of temptation I might feel to attempt one dissapears.
To me it seems stupid as well as unethical - why would you want to be with someone who can't love you without a spell ? It doesn't make sense. If the feelings are manufactured then the whole relationship would be a lie. Not only that but if they ever found out you were messing with their emotions like that I'm sure they'd feel a lot of resentment and betrayal.
A spell to find love would be far more ethical and makes much more sense as will - it will move you towards somebody you'd really be happy with.
Kat xx
Ember Nightwolf

Post by Ember Nightwolf »

I've done two love spells - one for attracting love and the other was a love bath. it doesn't seem to me to be a terrible and manipulative procedure, as long as you don't direct it at a particular person. These spells haven't worked extremely well, the changes have been rather subtle, although they are still there and manifesting. Be careful, Harm none, and think - would you mind if this was done to you. Blessed be. : )
There are three sides to a coin.
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

Oh, what's a love bath? Want to learn more about this :D Otherwise I have to think about a meaning and create my own spell, since it sounds so nice :)
Testament

Post by Testament »

This probably isn't going to be well-received, but I think it is something anyone considering such a thing should know (not that I suspect any of you are; I'm just being cautious).

When I was younger, 14-15 I believe, I cast a 'love spell'. I was hopelessly infatuated with an older boy who I really had no chance with, and the spell was done under extreme duress when I was feeling some very dark but extremely powerful things. It took several months, but the spell worked. With so much feeling behind it, how couldn't it? We were together for a year, but the longer we were together the crazier things got. Our fights could even devolve into him threatening to kill himself, screaming at me, etc. We broke up and he began stalking me. I eventually had to move out of the state to escape him. We don't speak, but last I heard he was with someone else.

Still, I had not learned my lesson and not too long after I escaped the fist man, I did it again. Sure enough, it worked. Again, we were together for a year and while the relationship didn't get quite as crazy as before it had serious repercussions. My feelings for him faded and it broke his heart. He did some very cruel things and started some bad rumors out of pain, but I wasn't as kind as I should have been myself. Years later, once he had married and even had a child, we began talking again. It seems we still had lingering feelings for one another and it seems he couldn't let go of the past (specifically the time we spent together) and neither could I to a lesser extent, but we fell out of contact as he was in the military. Just yesterday I found out he died on Tuesday, his family won't say how but I suspect it was due to suicide. I am not sure if it was related to the spell, but why would you take that chance?

The truth is, if you love someone, you won't do a spell on them to make them love you. There is no such thing as a love spell, at least on the part of the caster. The sort of feelings that are used to power such spells are extremely powerful but they fade, and that might be the most dangerous part of these spells. It might be possible to undo them but they may not work in time. Be careful.

EDIT: I am only referring to spells of this nature done on a particular person. I don't have any experience with spells that call your true love to you, simply make you more attractive, or strengthen an existing relationship but as of now I see nothing wrong with them.
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

Lately I'm experimenting with Love Spells directed to one person (my partner). We've been in a relationship for about three years and were in love from the beginning. Now after three years I cast love spells on us to enhance the relationsships. I was looking for a new relationship energy spell. Done it a few weeks before and now it's impact is unbelievable. We are acting like the first time, feeling like the first week again. It will wear of as soon as I will change my altar. But it's a nice vacation for us :)
ScarlettRose

Post by ScarlettRose »

Kitty wrote:Whenever I think of love spells i always remember the scene in 'The Craft' where the guy she cast the spell on tries to rape her and any smidgeon of temptation I might feel to attempt one dissapears.
That's what I always think of too haha
That's a good movie. But yeah, every time I think of love spells that is the first thing that pops in my mind!
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.
solomia

Post by solomia »

are there any Valentine's day spells? was wondering
Luna Lisa

Post by Luna Lisa »

Solomia yes there are Valentine's day spells. but I wouldn't recommend using love spells. In my opinion love spells can't bring you true love. What would happen if you did cast a love spell and it didn't work like you wanted it too. Would if that person became extremly jealious? or What would happen? But that's just the way I feel about. But yes there are Valentine's day spells. :D
MissCharmed7

Post by MissCharmed7 »

Love spells do work its all about your ACT of will , thats what drives the magic to success.
Ember Nightwolf

I'm doing a love spell now, in a way. Mine is simply to sit at your alter each day, for a few minutes, and light a candle. I give thanks for the love I have received, and ask for more. I've found out that I actually have to be quite demanding if I want anything to REALLY happen. And it works! Because it's not directed at anyone, I'm generally in for a nice suprise. When I ask for love, it's really in any form, can be just random and friendly. As long as your not an idiot about casting a love spell (e.g. directing it at some-one and intruding free-will), it's probably okay. Hope this helps :)
Ember Nightwolf

Oh, and the Love Bath
Do a thorough physical cleaning of your bathroom, and cover any mirrors with material (white or pink towels or sheets are nice). Then draw a bath and to the water add a small handful (about 1/3 to 1/2 cup) of sea salt or other available salt while saying:
"Negativity is washed away, I am renewed as of today! Many heads will turn my way, the ones I chose will wish to stay." 

Light three white votive candles or place three floating candles in the bathtub. Focus on your body, how sensual it is, how beautiful you are. Focus on what you like about yourself (there is something). Turn off the lights and turn on your favorite music, something that makes you feel sexy, or calm peaceful, depending on the desired end result you want. Enter the bath and relax, make sure every part of your body is immersed in the water at least once. When you are finished repeat the original words, plus this ending line:
"I am blessed, I am loving, I am loved, and I love myself! I am love!"

Feel free to intuitively add what you like to this. I added lavender to my bath, and if you have any rose petals to spare (later on in the year) you may wish to add them too.

Hope it helps :)
psychicpredictions

Re: I wouldn't do a love spell

Post by psychicpredictions »

Sallydreams wrote:
clarissa wrote:Please, be HONEST, have you ever done a "love spell"?
No, because I don't believe they work... nor would I want to reap the reprocussions.

Love spells are risky and dangerous. I wouldn't advise doing them. If you need love from someone, how about just trying to get to know them better? If you feel heavy anxiety around that person -- why don't you learn some breathing techniques or do a spell for confidence?

You cannot control human emotion, and if you are able to... why would you use to it make someone love you? Wouldn't you want them to love you because of who you are, not what you did to them?

The biggest downfall that I've heard of from a love spell, is it links your "loveability" to that person. You CANNOT control someone. They may not end up loving you back at all... but the spell is still active and is only allowing that person to love you... then what do you have? Nothing.

Just don't do it.

Love spells just don't seem wise to me.
I couldn't agree more, I think that spells of any form shouldn't mess with anything as fragile as people's feelings. I would want someone to love me genuinely without the influence of spells or any other scheme.
psychicpredictions

Post by psychicpredictions »

clarissa wrote:Please, be HONEST, have you ever done a "love spell"?

Did it work? Did it fail?
Did it make you happy, please share the spell and the result you received.
Did you regret it? Did it backfire? did the person become obessesed, he loved you too much etc

Please share your love spells

I look forward hear your experiences and stories on love spells.

Clarissa
do you know anything that really works?
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

I highly urge against trying to work a love spell.

It is a complicated undertaking and it is not very nice to work against someones will. Oftentimes the result of your love spell will be exactly the opposite of what you intended or the an extreme of what you wanted. It is a very tricky thing because the details of exactly what you want and how you want and so on an so forth must clearly be laid out. Even if you leave just one thing out it could mess the whole thing up.

Why would you want someone who doesnt really love you? You would have only "tricked" them into thinking they do. In which case It isnt real so why bother.

Return to “Love Spells”