remembering past lives?

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
Kenzie..Kat

remembering past lives?

Post by Kenzie..Kat »

I don't know if I can really do this, but I want to try it out. I read in one of my old books that I can remember a past life. I no longer have that book and I want to try this out. If any of you know how to do this in a medetating state or in a dream, please let me know. Thank you. Blessings to all.
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Re: remembering past lives?

Post by Lost_Demise »

For past lives it can be hard for a lot of people to remember if they don't come to them naturally. It can be in fragments, emotions from those memories and all and become very confusing sometimes. Do you want to risk that? I could tell you ways to remember, but I just want to know your motivation first and make sure you know the risks that come with past life memories. You don't know what are in those lives, you could get memories as a rabbit being hunted or a deer being consumed while it still lives or a woman in labor or a man in slavery or a wolf stuck in a old fashion zoo or a child confused and stuck in the middle of a large war..
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

1. This meditation will last roughly about 30 minutes, you will want to get in a comfortable position that you can maintain for this length of time.

2. Begin by closing your eyes, and take three deep breaths. Fill your lungs with air to their fullest capacity.

3. With each exhale, imagine a white light entering your body. Visualize this white light running through your body from the top to the bottom ridding your body of all stress and negativity.

4. Keeping your eyes closed, visualize your pituitary gland. This is the small gland found at the middle of the forehead, right above the brow. This is said to be your third eye, and the door to your higher consciousness. Keep focused on this point.

5. Visualize a brightly lit tunnel, while keeping your focus on your third eye, imagine your spirit leaving your body and entering into this tunnel.

6. As you enter the tunnel you come across a glass door. With each step closer, you feel more relaxed and at peace, you feel uplifted and connected to the universe.

7. As you approach the door, they automatically open and invite your soul into this realm of enlightenment. Beyond the doors your spiritual sanctuary awaits.

8. Now open the door and go inside.

9. Begin to imagine your spiritual self conducting a spiritual meditation. As you relax, you arrive deeper into the spiritual realm. As you inhale, mentally say to yourself "I have arrived" and as you exhale " I am home".

10. Imagine your higher self closing your third eye and reopening it.

11. ( Your eyes still closed) Take a moment to explore your surroundings with your third eye. What do you see? Be sure to keep your mind free of any distracting thoughts. Allow any visualizations or memories from the past life to naturally manifest. Don't worry if you do not notice anything the first time this takes practice.

12. Take in a deep breath, begin to feel your body, become more and more aware of your surroundings, have a nice long and hard stretch, then open your eyes.
Kenzie..Kat

Post by Kenzie..Kat »

thank you ravencry(:
and I do want to know the risks. But I am willing to risk anything... I have reasons to want to know another life.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Meditating on your past life is not risky if you surround yourself in an aura of protective light, IMHO.
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

It's still risky simply because of the nature of memories no matter what energy you surround yourself with. Unless you remember things with no large emotional meanings at all it will be risky. Well unless you don't remember the emotions with the images.
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

The past life regression I've heard of as been the most effective is done with you in hypnosis and guided through it by a proffesional. Of course you can never tell before hand with that whether they're the real deal or simply asking leading questions
xx
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Lost_Demise wrote:It's still risky simply because of the nature of memories no matter what energy you surround yourself with. Unless you remember things with no large emotional meanings at all it will be risky. Well unless you don't remember the emotions with the images.
I have to respectfully disagree here Lost. I do not see the risk in pulling memories from your past lives at all. Sometimes pulling those memories forward helps people to move forward on their current path. Just my thoughts.
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

Reikihealer - you do not see the emotional and physical memories of highly emotional or physical events in a past life would risk anything to remember? They are memories for a reason after all, memories means not just fun pictures you get to watch. The memories people most often remember first is usually extremely emotional events. That doesn't just include good memories. So if someone remembers even getting killed by family or being raped to death or seeing one of their children die there would still be the emotions from those events, and getting certain memories back can feel very scarring and cause depression. Sometimes pulling past life memories can help- but that doesn't mean it doesn't come without risks at all. Everything worth something comes with a risk.
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Lost_Demise wrote:Reikihealer - you do not see the emotional and physical memories of highly emotional or physical events in a past life would risk anything to remember? They are memories for a reason after all, memories means not just fun pictures you get to watch. The memories people most often remember first is usually extremely emotional events. That doesn't just include good memories. So if someone remembers even getting killed by family or being raped to death or seeing one of their children die there would still be the emotions from those events, and getting certain memories back can feel very scarring and cause depression. Sometimes pulling past life memories can help- but that doesn't mean it doesn't come without risks at all. Everything worth something comes with a risk.
There are certainly some risks and i think I mistyped that last time. The risks however can be minimal at best. Seeing negetive memories can be painful but they are sometimes needed to move on with their current life in some way.
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

I believe it was Traumwandlerin in a different thread that pointed out so I will point out that not everyone can handle all their memories of traumatic events and sometimes it is better for the person to seek healing without seeking more on memories.

If someone was in the holocaust in a past life you wouldn't know if they where or where not, but if they ended up finding that out there is nothing healing about that. There is nothing healing about finding out some memories, some are so horrible that even the strong of heart might end up getting destroyed by them.

Minimal risk? Think how many horrible massacres have happened in history, all those cultures and eras of treating women like dirt or treating those without wealth like dirt, or even when slavery was far more common. Even in this modern world hate crimes, degradation regarding gender or skin color or religion, slavery, war, murder, massacres, rape.. war after war after war after war..

That is not minimal risk, that can cause SERIOUS damage depending on the memories.
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

I see your point here. The truth is most people do not ever remember past lives no matter how hard they try. I think we will just have a difference of opinion and that is ok.
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

Most people don't try to remember past lives and many don't believe in past lives so I think the number that can't is debatable.

The world would be boring if everyone agreed~^^
Raven Blackfox

Post by Raven Blackfox »

Acctually I've done a little bit of Past Life viewing myself, it isn't really dangerous...(then again my mental state is, well, best not to get into that :oops: ...) But for saftey measures I always ask my Goddess to help me return to my body after. If you're concerned about the memories hurting you, better to be safe than sorry :wink: , you could ask your God and/or Goddess to block any memories that will cause you harm. Goddess always looks after her children after all :D .
Kenzie..Kat

Post by Kenzie..Kat »

Some of past life memories come into my dreams. they are negitive but I am drawn to knowing more about it... I know there are risks, but I know what I want

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”