Reincarnation

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Magical FairyDust

Reincarnation

Post by Magical FairyDust »

Hi Folks,
So I was lying in my bed last night thinking about reincarnation and what would happen when we die. I was thinking about how reincarnation works and how it is decided what we come back as. I am a firm reincarnation believer and, in my own opinion, Karma decides what we come back as. But then that left me with the question, Do the God and/or Goddess have a say? Where do they come in?

So I was wondering, do any of you guys believe in reincarnation and/or Karma? What do you believe happens when we die? How do you think it is decided what we come back as?

Sorry for all the questions. I know the saying goes that if you ask 10 pagans the same question, you get 11 different answers.
But I was just curious what the different opinions are within this board.

**Magical FairyDust**
bluemoon

Re: Reincarnation

Post by bluemoon »

what we come back as?????
a human soul is a human soul not a what
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

I am a firm believer in reincarnation because I do not feel that the Gods are wasteful. We come back as someone new but our souls keep the knowledge from the previous life or lives we have lived. I do think that God/The Gods have a say in who you come back as but you are right, you will get many different answers. The key is go with what feels right to you.
Magical FairyDust

Thanks for your replies. My beliefs are slightly different than yours. I do believe that all living things have spirits. To me a spirit is a spirit and it can reincarnate as any living thing. To me Karma decides whether we come back as a lower or higher life form.
But as I say, that's only my opinion and maybe I'm the only one on this forum that believes this. But I'm just looking to see what other different opinions we have on this forum.

Thanks, Magical FairyDust
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

I do believe in reincarnation and that everything has a spirit even down to patches of land having different spirits of the land to them. I don't believe that rebirth is decided by your karma though, simply because I think things work more chaotic then that and that not all souls are reborn.
Magical FairyDust

Thank you for your reply lost_demise. If you don't mind me asking how do you believe it is decided what a spirit comes back as? Also why would a spirit not return?
Sorry for the questions. I'm still learning and am just curious to what your thoughts are.

Thanks,
Magical FairyDust
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

There are other things a soul can do besides be reborn. Return their energy to the soil or sky, their soul might want to rest instead of being reborn again, they may turn in to a ghost because be it a thing, emotion, or memory they cannot let go, and there is the thought that souls like the flesh are not unbreakable and can be shattered or torn, mended and consumed.
Magical FairyDust

Thank you for your reply. It's interesting to know other peoples thoughts and opinions.

Magical FairyDust
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

Well different thoughts and beliefs are what make the world so interesting~
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I also feel as if we are reincarnated. A spirit is a spirit, no matter human, tree, or thought. I think that there are lessons in life that each soul has to achieve. These lessons are varied, ranging through all "rights and wrongs". Though after these lessons I think we ascend to Godhood, leading to another set of lessons to become enlightened further. Karma does not seem to me to be a reasonable judge to what happens to our souls. What is wrong? What is right? If balance is to be achieved in life wouldn't it stand to reason that for every "good" action there must be a "bad" action? So to keep the world in its' chaotic balance the "bad" is just playing its part, why should it be penalized?
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I believe in Reincarnation, simply because I feel our souls are placed here to learn different lessons. I agree very much with JBRaven's definition.
WhiteOne

Post by WhiteOne »

Beautifully put, Raven.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”