what sort of witch are you?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
elouise

what sort of witch are you?

Post by elouise »

Marebella<3 started a great thread about the difference b/t wiccan & pagan or eccletic witches. So I wanted to ask you all: what beliefs & practices do you have as a witch (or not)?

I could see ghosts & talk with animals from as young as I can remember. I also just knew things I wasn't meant to know, like when my Dad was late for dinner one night & Mum said I wonder where your father is? & my ten year-old self popped up with at his girlfriend's. Guess what my Mum discovered years later.

Today I will work with different Gods/Goddess' or energies if it is appropriate for the spellcasting or whatever I'm at with my own healing journey (ie I recently bought in the dark moon goddess Lilith for a ritual to embrace & heal my rage). I don't cast negative spells because I believe that what goes around comes around. I do believe, however, in honouring both the light & dark as this is the only way to feel truly whole. I've seen numerous examples of past-lives in my therapy practice (I'm a therapist). I've also had a past-life curse lifted off me & wouldn't have even believed in such a thing if the experience wasn't so intense & profound.

Essentially, I worship mother earth & feel her energy, like a life force, flowing through me & everything on this planet; I think us pagans were the first environmentalists!

Blessed Be xx
Greek_Male_Witch

Hi...

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Well, I would say I'm a Witch, that I do ask for help from Goddess, and I know what others feel, just by looking at them, so I'm not a Wiccan for sure, but I do ask Goddesses help whenever I need it.
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I am a Green Witch. I believe that everything on the earth has a spirit, and we can communicate with the spirits of nature freely if we slow down and listen. I choose to worship Cerridwen and Cernunnos, Cerridwen as the Goddess of knowledge, shapeshifting,the arts, life, death and rebirth, and Cernunnos as a physical representation of nature. I use art to focus my practices, and I work mainly in herbalism. I don't use traditional elemental representations, in my opinion, a simple plant can supply all 4 natural elements (It absorbs the Sun (fire) for energy, along with water, and expels air, and being a plant, its a part of earth)

I use the sound of the wind rustling through leaves as a form of divination, you would be surprised with what you hear! I also use Tarot and pendulums, I use runes in all of my spells. I don't believe that there is a difference between 'light' and 'dark' magick, in my opinion, magick that is best cast during the day is light and the spells best cast at night are dark. I don't adhere fully to the threefold law, but instead the law of karma. I believe every good deed is returned with an even better deed.
ScarlettRose

Post by ScarlettRose »

Ravencry wrote:I am a Green Witch. I believe that everything on the earth has a spirit, and we can communicate with the spirits of nature freely if we slow down and listen. I choose to worship Cerridwen and Cernunnos, Cerridwen as the Goddess of knowledge, shapeshifting,the arts, life, death and rebirth, and Cernunnos as a physical representation of nature. I use art to focus my practices, and I work mainly in herbalism. I don't use traditional elemental representations, in my opinion, a simple plant can supply all 4 natural elements (It absorbs the Sun (fire) for energy, along with water, and expels air, and being a plant, its a part of earth)

I use the sound of the wind rustling through leaves as a form of divination, you would be surprised with what you hear! I also use Tarot and pendulums, I use runes in all of my spells. I don't believe that there is a difference between 'light' and 'dark' magick, in my opinion, magick that is best cast during the day is light and the spells best cast at night are dark. I don't adhere fully to the threefold law, but instead the law of karma. I believe every good deed is returned with an even better deed.

I'm much like Ravencry. Only I'm kinda a beginner. Compared to her, I am very much so a beginner. I was agreeing with her a lot as I read what she wrote. I think I am a Green Witch. I love Earth! I love all the elements. I connect with them all, I just love it! I cast spells, I use to cast love spells, but not so much anymore now I'm casting blessings spells upon my family and myself. & I do other kinds as well... I love to talk to the God & Goddesses. I just love everything about it. It helps me be a better person and I feel I have become more confident after becoming into this. I have been into all of this since I was a young girl... Around 4 my mom took me to gatherings and so yeah... (:

I really didn't answer your question, I guess but kinda hehe
But I love what you wrote, Raven (: beautiful and I'm following in your footsteps (: I hope that's okay!
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Its fine ^.^! Quite flattering, also :D I'll try to adhere to the good role model status ^.^
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

I'm definitely just a witch. I don't worship anything or anyone. I believe all the gods are are ancient souls that ascended to a point where the soul didn't need to be in a body, as the I think the soul is somewhat unstable until it finds universal truth. This is why I believe those who can see spirits have never really seen any from the caveman days. I believe the basic soul can be out of body, kinda like limbo for a certain period of time, dependent on the individual soul and either has to reincarnate or return to the universal life stream, where all the energy of being comes from. That stream is also what we tap when grounding and pulling up energy for our workings.

The basics of my practice are pretty simple; I do whatever I want. I don't believe in karma, as I think like most things it has to do with the set of mind of the person, as someone who doesn't realize what they're doing is wrong, then how is it and I also have an issue with people doing what's they feel is right because they feel they might be punished for it. I find that extremely wrong and those individuals cowards. I accept the responsibility of all I do and consider it before hand, but I still do whatever I want.

I never cast a circle, unless I'm doing something of what's considered high magic. Other than that, there's never a circle, the whole universe is sacred and there's no need for one. I never call upon corners or elements. With the elements, I believe they are everywhere and in us so I don't see the point. I find tools(wands, athames, bells, etc.) useless outside of high magic, and even then at times you don't need most of them. All tools do is represent aspects of yourself, and one should be training those aspects to become a better witch.

I also try to do magic the simplest way possible, which is merely clearing the mind, thinking and willing it. If I don't feel that will work, I build a spell. If that won't work, then it's time for a ritual. I also write all my own spells and rituals, as I don't believe in using other people's workings. Their workings have their energies to them and feel that all spellwork should be very personal, and therefore you should write it yourself.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

(´-`&#6528 wrote:I'm definitely just a witch. I don't worship anything or anyone. I believe all the gods are are ancient souls that ascended to a point where the soul didn't need to be in a body, as the I think the soul is somewhat unstable until it finds universal truth. This is why I believe those who can see spirits have never really seen any from the caveman days. I believe the basic soul can be out of body, kinda like limbo for a certain period of time, dependent on the individual soul and either has to reincarnate or return to the universal life stream, where all the energy of being comes from. That stream is also what we tap when grounding and pulling up energy for our workings.

The basics of my practice are pretty simple; I do whatever I want. I don't believe in karma, as I think like most things it has to do with the set of mind of the person, as someone who doesn't realize what they're doing is wrong, then how is it and I also have an issue with people doing what's they feel is right because they feel they might be punished for it. I find that extremely wrong and those individuals cowards. I accept the responsibility of all I do and consider it before hand, but I still do whatever I want.

I never cast a circle, unless I'm doing something of what's considered high magic. Other than that, there's never a circle, the whole universe is sacred and there's no need for one. I never call upon corners or elements. With the elements, I believe they are everywhere and in us so I don't see the point. I find tools(wands, athames, bells, etc.) useless outside of high magic, and even then at times you don't need most of them. All tools do is represent aspects of yourself, and one should be training those aspects to become a better witch.

I also try to do magic the simplest way possible, which is merely clearing the mind, thinking and willing it. If I don't feel that will work, I build a spell. If that won't work, then it's time for a ritual. I also write all my own spells and rituals, as I don't believe in using other people's workings. Their workings have their energies to them and feel that all spellwork should be very personal, and therefore you should write it yourself.
Wow. I basically agree 100% with what you just said.

Adding to this though, I love writing and creating spells, so I do this often. I find rituals invigorating and all types of magics intrigue me. Recently I have tried to find a Goddess to follow, but it doesn't particularly sit well with me. It's not to say I don't believe in a Goddess element. I mean it's quite clear that there is a difference in male and female energy in the universe, and I feel a strong connection to it. Perhaps in the event that I wish to 'boost' a spell, I would call for it, but I much prefer to use my own energies and power.

I hold a strong respect for nature and have always seemed to walk on a line somewhere between Traditional and more earthy Crafts. I try to balance them, I try to pull in structure, while leaving the natural channel open, if you understand what I mean.

More so than anything, I rely on myself, my instincts and what I know deep within me to be right. This is where I agree with "(´-`&#6528" most. I don't like using other people's spellwork, as it is not based on what I feel, what I know. I find natural, instinctual knowledge to be key.
ScarlettRose

Post by ScarlettRose »

Ravencry wrote:Its fine ^.^! Quite flattering, also :D I'll try to adhere to the good role model status ^.^
Well you are definitely one of my role models, for sure(:
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.
Monica99

hi

Post by Monica99 »

Thanks (´-`&#6528! I like the way you think... I'm new at this so I have asked for some spells from others but eventually I want to write my own..
Seaspirit

Post by Seaspirit »

I have to join the ranks of 'Green Witch' also. I know that all the powers around us come from the universe and the elements. I was blown away in my Astronomy class when I learnt that we are made of the same elements as the stars!

I also believe that the spirit world has learnt the ultimate connection to the elements and the universe, which we mortals, aspire to.

I cast spells using the powers of the universe and the elements. I have a gift for predicting events in life, and I am always right. I kind of get tired of telling people 'I told you so'! Every time I cast a spell, it manifests.

I also have a power of evoking spirits through my dreams. I have had many spirit visitors come to me while I dream and sleep and answer questions and try to help me do the things I need. One time, I was even awakened during a 'message' episode, by the spirit tugging on my arm and trying to get me to wake up. I did, and saw an orb light and shadow pulling at my arm. I even felt the spirits energy and warmth on my arm. I was lucky enough to even know who it was.

So, I do plan on learning more complex spells that will evoke to spirits/deities to come to me while I am awake. When I go to bed some nights, I have to tell them to leave me alone so I can sleep!
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

As a rule, I do not practice any magic. As my alias implies, I am a sort of traveler over the internet, as a researcher collecting information and trying to get to the bottom of things. As for personal practice, I have a very Spartan, "Plain Jane" approach. I delegate myself to meditation, dream analysis, music and sound healing, angelology, and a few other things. You won't see any supplies such as athame's, talismans, incense, etc. If anything, I use the occasional candle especially at night for meditations but that is about it.
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

I am an eclectic witch. I definately use the ideas of traditional witchcraft in some of my practices but I am also very much part of the Druid tradition. I take a lot of my practice from the Druid path because it is part of my family and who I am. I also take my queues from what I feel is proper and right for the magic I am working. I tend to step into whatever role that is needed.
Wishes

Post by Wishes »

I love how everyone else knows who they are xP

I am an Eclectic Witch. I do believe in karma, but that won't stop me from doing what I feel is right. I always think these things through over a week or so to not be drastic. I love to be in nature, and I constantly surround myself with different plants. As what Ravencry said, I believe they also have "spirits" per-say, and plants are connected to the earth and can communicate with other spirits, just as we could if we were to ground ourselves and attempt to commune with them. If I don't have plants around me, I don't feel right. I believe that the God's and Goddess's are all unique, but the earth is the grounding point and as forth is very important to me. I feel a lot of the human race has lost touch with nature, and abuses it. I feel that animals are just like us, and since we are all connected, harming them is just harming ourselves.

I actually have alot more I could say, but it would be way to long for a post :P
~Best Wishes in Everything You Do~

Wishes
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

I am a simple witch, i work with crystals and herbs, i do divinations with cards and although i got my own runes i just dont really understand them.
i dont study as much as i 'd like cause i am lazy and my book of shadows has only 7-8 pages..
recently i made my first wand and pentacle out of apricot wood, and two months ago i had a great success with a spell i made myself:)
I pray to the God and Goddess. i like the "if it harms non do what you will" i respect and follow it as much as i can.
And my favorite season is Autumn bytheway!
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

I'm a shadow worker (maybe not the right term, if anyone knows the right term, just tell me :) ). I'm going deep inside of me to regain all the lost parts of my soul, heal myself and become the person I truly am. I'd like to help people more with my abilities but I'm not stabilized enough yet. I mainly use Trance to travel inside of me, but also use a lot of dream work. Occasionally Tarot or pendulum. I like to see in my dark side and the dark sides of others to help and transform it into what is best (which is often not the "light side"). So I work in grey, neither White nor Black magic.

I don't celebrate any special days (accept when I feel in the mood spontanesouly) nor do I praise any Gods. But I have spirits ad safeguards on my way, which I've found in Trance and which helped me a lot and I respect them much.

I seldom use any stuff. I like candles and incense but I normally use anything special, just what's there to have a bit of atmosphere. But I don't need much, I have a very high ability to trance (due to my mental illness) and I can do it practically anywhere and at anytime, I just needed to learn to control where I am going because it was usually just "Anywhere but here, please" ;)

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”