Whispering Maidens collection

Start your own thread named "[Name's] Book of Shadows" and add spells, rituals, correspondences, music, videos, etc. that you would like to keep for future use or share with others. Use as many posts as you'd like. It's not private, but at least your family won't see it. You can also get ideas from other people's Books of Shadows.
whisperingMaiden

Orange Chicken Recipe

Post by whisperingMaiden »

2 Chicken breasts
2 tablespoons of oil (olive or vegetable)
1 Onion, finely chopped
6 Mushrooms, chopped
4 tablespoons of frozen orange concentrate
2 tablespoons of orange liquor
1/2 teaspoon of thyme
Salt and pepper, according to your taste
Fry the 2 chicken breasts in a large frying pan on both sides with butter, until it is lightly brown colored. Add the sliced onions and cook until it becomes transparent. Turn the chicken breasts and add the chopped mushrooms. Fry for a few minutes, turn the chicken breasts again and add the frozen orange concentrate, orange liquor and spices. Cover with a lid, reduce the heat and keep the chicken until it’s ready. Serve with brown or white rice.
The empty void in us,can be filled with a little magic.
whisperingMaiden

Claiming your personal power ritual

The Celtic Clan Mothers believed that those fleeting moments of pure bliss we experience in our lives — those moments when the veil is lifted and we touch the Goddess – culminate to form our personal power or magic.
Based on these beliefs, I’ve written the following ritual to acknowledge these moments as part of my personal power base.

Items needed: Pine incense, 1 cup milk, a handful of fresh sage and basil, mead (put a heaping teaspoon of honey in your chalice and fill with sweet white wine or white grape juice), optional.

Before the ritual, make a list of the moments in your life where you experienced pure bliss: your wedding day, the birth of a child, the first time you realized you were in love, when you reached a goal, great sex, whatever. Allow a few days to really think about these moments of happiness in your life. I kept my list with me for a week, adding items as they popped into my memory.

The Ritual

Begin with a ritual bath. Add a cup of milk and a handful of fresh sage and basil (or a heaping tablespoon of dried spice) to the water. Light the incense and relax.
While enjoying the bath, allow the items on your list to pop into your head. Relive them, remembering how they made you feel. When you are ready, dress (or not) and precede with the ritual.

Cast a circle

Before continuing, it is Celtic tradition to show respect by offering up a humble apology for any mistakes you might make during the ritual and that your intent is pure. Something along the lines of:
“Great Goddess of the moon, help me gather my personal power and forgive any mistakes that I may make along the way for my intention is pure and I come to you with my heart full of love.”

Call the quarters

East, witness to the daily birthing of the Father Sun. Add the power of your sunlight to my ceremony. Welcome East.
South, bringer of heat and warmth. Protect me on my journey. Welcome South.
West, purifier of thoughts, deeds and emotions, Cleanse me with you scared waters. Welcome West.
North, personification of the Goddess, Bring me stability and security as I follow the path. Welcome North.
Invoke the Goddess and God and any other deities you wish.

Statement of Purpose

Goddess and God, I come before you today to claim my personal power so that I may call upon within this sacred circle as well as in times of need.

Ritual Act

One by one, go through each memory of each moment of bliss. Visualize each moment; experience it. When ready give it a name and say it out loud. For example, picture you wedding day. Once you fully remember the bliss of that day, Yell “Wedding Day” and when you do, reach out and “grab” that memory. Hold it tight in your fist and “absorb” it.
This is my power. I hereby claim it in the name of the Goddess and the God. As I will so mote it be.
Repeat with each memory.

When you’ve finished with all your moments, take a few deep breaths and feel the power – your power within you.
I stand before you, Lady and Lord, filled with my personal power. I pledge to use this power only for positive workings. May it continue to grow as I continue on my path of the Ancient Ones. Blessed Be.
Celebrate your new power by enjoying a traditional glass of mead.

Thank the Goddess and God.

Close the quarters

Open the circle.
whisperingMaiden

Artemis Ritual

This is a quick ritual to do in honor of Artemis!
Gather together a green candle, incense, a square of green cloth and three silver pins. Cast Circle and stand before your altar. Light the green candle and stare into the flame, recalling images of the forest. Imagine Artemis striding through the forest with her silver arrows on her back. Visualise yourself walking alongside Artemis, feeling her power radiating through your body. Take three deep breaths.
Take a silver pin and holding it by the head point the tip upwards and say:
This arrow symbolises dependency on others. I release thee.
Lay the pin in the centre of the green cloth. Take the second pin and hold as you held the first, and say:
This arrow represents indecisiveness. I release thee.
Lay the pin down and take up the third in the same way and say:
This arrow represents fear of failure. I release thee.
Lay this pin down by the otheres and fold the edges of the cloth in to cover the pins. Recall the image of yourself striding through the forest alongside Artemis and allow Her to bid you farewell. Continue to walk through the forest independant and strong. Once you feel that the strength of Artemis has entered and permitted you greater confidence, say:
I am strong, I am decisive, I am independant.
I am capable and willing. I am powerful.
I make my own choices and take responsibility for my decisions.
Meditate if you like than close Circle.
For more information of Artemis,feel free to do research.
((Note:Not quiet sure if I posted this already so yeah))
whisperingMaiden

Prayer for Change

Like a snake,
I’m shedding my skin,
I’m taking a deep breath,
I’m opening my eyes, mind, heart and soul up
To the wide, wide world around me.
I feel cleansed and renewed
By the gentle, peaceful energies
That I now choose to surround myself with.
I am also opening up
To that which permeates all else.
I now turn inward, to the spiritual. Lord and Lady, thank you for being a part
Of these changes that are occurring
Within and without.
Though change often comes with the price of pain,
I truly feel that after this,
I will shed that which was old, outworn, even harmful,
Like dead skin,
And it will be replaced by peace and harmony.
I already see the seeds of the next cycle within me,
Perhaps already starting to grow,
And I am very thankful for this.
whisperingMaiden

Prosperity Pouch

Needed: Green or gold cloth and bag, Cinnamon, Patchouli, Mint, Basil, Money oil, cinnamon oil, or heliotrope oil, 1 small cinnamon stick, Malachite, Pyrite, 1 Gold Candle, 1 Green candle, & Prosperity incense.
Directions: Empower all objects. Carve a prosperity rune or symbol on the candles and dress them with any of the above oils. Visualize your goal as you dress them. Add a
chant if you like. “Wealth and money, come to me I deserve prosperity.” Light the candles on your altar or place of magick. Place the empowered herbs in the bag and ask for the blessings of the earth. Wave the bag through the incense smoke and ask for the blessings of air. Pass the bag throught the flame of each candle and ask for the blassings of fire. Anoint the bag with any of the money drawing oils and ask for the blessings of water. Hold the stones and tell them what they are to do. Explain their magickal purpose. Add them to your pouch. Take the cinnamon stick and drip some green wax on one end and gold wax on the other. These are 2 traditional money drawing colors but can also be viewed as colors for the Goddess (Green) and the God (Gold). Ask for their blessing on your spell. Say:
For the good of all
and with harm to none
this is my will
And it is done!
whisperingMaiden

Making Gemstone Water

Making gemstone water is actually very simple, you will need the following ‘ingredients’ for this: a glass vessel, a gemstone, bottled spring water or boiled (and cooled) tap water, a windowsill.
Before you start making gemstone water you will have to make the choice whether you wish to use the energies of the sun or the energies of the moon. The sun will charge your gemstone water with soothing, soft and warm energies while the various moon phases will give a different result.
The Moon phases:
Waxing Moon: The energies of the waxing moon are suited for new projects, new relations and to plant new ’seeds’.
Full Moon: The Full Moon is the symbol of positive magick, blessing, creativity, healing and reinforcement.
Waning Moon: The energies of the waning moon are connected to get rid of bad habits, negative thoughts and to build down things, to purge yourself from all negativity from the outside world, but also from within yourself.
New Moon: The New Moon is the time of death, a time to stop and look inside yourself and to realize that you can always start again, no matter what happened to you. It is the time to halt an illness or a pattern of thoughts and give it a positive spin.
It is therefore important to ask yourself for which purpose you wish to use the gemstone water before you start.
Put the stone in the glass vessel and fill it up to 3/4 with spring water or the cooled down tap water. Put the vessel with the stone in it on your windowsill for 12 hours and leave it to ‘charge’ there without interruption. If you have decided to make use of the energies of the sun, you should take into account that certain stones may discolor in direct sunlight.
You can enhance your immune system by drinking a few glasses of gemstone water every day, but you may also use it to wash your face and/or hands, especially for skin disorders it is advisable to use Aventurine water to wash yourself. Next to that it is also possible to give your plants this water, the stones that are highly suited for this are Jade and Moss
Agate.
whisperingMaiden

A protective egg Charm

Take an egg and, by poking small holes at each end of it, empty it out. Fill the egg with Cinquefoil leaf and Dogwood, then tape the holes shut. You can decorate the egg with Runes or symbols of protection, or you can leave it natural. Your home and property will be protected.
whisperingMaiden

Insomnia Aromatherapy Blend

Ingredients:
10 drops Roman Chamomile
5 drops Clary Sage
5 drops Bergamot
Directions: Blend the oils well in a clean dark-colored glass bottle. Add 1-2 drops to a tissue and place inside your pillow to aid you in falling asleep.
If you prefer to make a diffuser blend that you enjoy during the hour before bedtime, make a blend with a ratio of 2 drops Roman Chamomile to 1 drop Clary Sage to 1 drop Bergamot and add to your diffuser. Lavender can also help provide relaxation and drowsiness, but using more than 1-2 drops can have the opposite effect.
whisperingMaiden

50 magickal charms

by Victoria Martyn
Who says that magick has to be complex? Here are fifty simple charms that utilize many different common items, herbs, fruits and vegetables. Note: Please do not use any of these charms in place of medical treatment, or when outside help is obviously advisable.
1. Lay thorny branches on your doorstep to keep evil from your dwelling.
2. Eat a pinch of thyme before bed, and you will have sweet dreams.
3. Place chips of cedar wood in a box with some coins to draw money to you.
4. Carry an anemone flower with you to ward against illness.
5. Hang a bit of seaweed in the kitchen to ward evil spirits.
6. Keep a jar of alfalfa in your cupboards to ensure the prosperity of your house.
7. Burn allspice as an incense to draw money or luck to you, as well as speed healing.
8. Cut an apple in half, and give one half to your love to ensure a prosperous relationship.
9. Carry an avocado pit with you to let your inner beauty shine outwardly.
10. Avocado is an aphrodisiac.
11. Strawberries are an aphrodisiac.
12. Place a piece of cotton in your sugar bowl to draw good luck to your house.
13. Celery is an aphrodisiac.
14. Place almonds in your pocket when you need to find something.
15. Scatter chili peppers around your house to break a curse.
16. Carrying a packet of strawberry leaves will help ease the pains of pregnancy.
17. Scatter some sugar to purify a room.
18. Throw rice into the air to make rain.
19. Carry a potato in your pocket or purse all winter to ward against colds.
20. Eat five almonds before consuming alcohol, to lighten the effects of intoxication.
21. Place a pine branch above your bed to keep illness away.
22. Chew celery seeds to help you concentrate.
23. Carry a chunk of dry pineapple in a bag to draw luck to you.
24. Ask an orange a yes or no question before you eat it, then count the seeds: if the seeds are an even number, the answer is no. If an odd number, yes.
25. Eat olives to ensure fertility.
26. Toss oats out your back door to ensure that your garden or crop will be bountiful.
27. Eat mustard seed to ensure fertility.
28. Place lilacs around your house to rid yourself of unwanted spirits.
29. Eat lettuce to drive lustful thoughts from your mind.
30. Rub a lettuce leaf over your forehead to help you sleep.
31. Add lemon juice to your bathwater for purification.
32. Eat grapes to increase psychic powers.
33. Carry a blade of grass to increase your psychic powers.
34. Smell dill to get rid of hiccups.
35. If you place a dill sachet over your door, those who wish you ill can not enter your home.
36. Place cotton on an aching tooth, and the pain will ease.
37. Buy cotton to cause rain.
38. Place pepper inside a piece of cotton and sew it shut to make a charm to bring back a lost love.
39. Carry a small onion to protect against venomous animals.
40. Eat grapes to increase fertility.
41. Place a sliced onion in the room of an ill person to draw out the sickness.
42. Place an onion underneath your pillow to have prophetic dreams.
43. Place morning glory seeds under your bed to cure nightmares.
44. Walk through the branches of a maple tree to ensure that you will have a long life.
45. Mix salt and pepper together and scatter it around your house to dispel evil.
46. Smell peppermint to help you sleep.
47. Hang a pea pod containing nine peas above the door to draw your future mate to you.
48. Eat a peach to assist in making a tough decision.
49. Carry peach wood to lengthen your lifespan.
50. Carry a walnut to strengthen your heart muscle.
whisperingMaiden

True Will Ritual

After doing a strong purification, casting a circle, calling the quarters, and doing a strong “tree meditation” (as in Starhawk’s Spiral Dance):
Visualize the essence of each of the elemental energies within and say affirmations identifying with each of the elements, and with what you affirm:
- “I am Earth, I am centered and strong. I am the vessel through which my True Will manifests.
- I am Air, I am focused. My mind is keen and tuned to reveal my True Will.
- I am Fire, I have the power within to know my True Will and to act upon it.
- I am Water, I am sensitive, intuitive, and magickal. The waters of my inner consciousness are calm, clear and clean. I am able to see into my depths and to know my True Will.
- I am Spirit. I am all that is. I am Balance and Unity. I am that from which my True Will comes.”
Consecrate a candle with five elemental tools and do a free form chant to dedicate the candle to aid in knowing your true will. Light the candle and place it in front of you. Gazing at the candle, meditate on the following, one at a time: Know thyself, areas where your are uncertain of your true will, your commitment to act on your True Will when you know it, and spiritual growth from knowledge of self.
Then chant until you feel unity with the light from the flame
“Candle light, candle glow, inner sight, will to know.”
You should then go into a trance and get direct messages from deep within.
When you have received what you need, tell yourself to remember your insights and take a few deep breaths and return to the circle.
Then say something like
“Though I extinguish this candle flame and end this rite, may I always be aware of the flame of will that burns within me, and may I always act according to my True Will, born of Spirit. So mote it be” and blow out the candle.

Return to “Member's Books of Shadows”