Technowitch BOS (HexesAndDecimals)

Start your own thread named "[Name's] Book of Shadows" and add spells, rituals, correspondences, music, videos, etc. that you would like to keep for future use or share with others. Use as many posts as you'd like. It's not private, but at least your family won't see it. You can also get ideas from other people's Books of Shadows.
HexesAndDecimals

Technowitch BOS (HexesAndDecimals)

Post by HexesAndDecimals »

My tumblr ( hexesanddecimals.tumblr.com )

an amalgamation of technowitch resources
HexesAndDecimals

Re: Technowitch BOS (HexesAndDecimals)

Sigil Drawing
How I do It
I'm pretty sure this came from a tumblr post, but I can't find it anymore.
  • Write out the word/phrase that encapsulates your intent, such as "FOCUS". I use all caps, for consistency.
  • Remove all repeating letters. Eg THOUGHTFULNESS -> T H O U G F L N S
  • Write out all the unique brush strokes. For FOCUS it's | _ O C S. For THOUGHTFULNESS it's | _ O U C / \ S
  • Create your sigil using those brush strokes.
I write all of mine on my skin in white ink. At the moment I just use a gel pen I bought off of amazon, but my goal is to make my own inks.

Making Your Own Ink
Sources: It's simple to create, at one part witch-hazel to two parts titanium dioxide powder. Mix the two in a small glass jar. [1] Witch hazel is safe for use on skin. [5] Titanium dioxide is also safe for the skin and is often used in sunscreens. [6]

Witch hazel itself should strengthen the sigils' protective abilities [4]. I couldn't find much concerning the magical properties of titanium, other than this: [7]
Titanium is a light, strong metal with low density which seems at home most in an oxygen free environment - space metal, in other words. Use for meditations, explorations and invocations of stellar entities, and interstellar communication.
Either way, it doesn't seem like it will interfere in the functionality of your sigils.

The texture you're aiming for: [2]
Now, what you want is ink that has the consistency of drinkable yogurt. It needs to be able to flow smoothly from your nib, but it can’t be too runny or else it won’t show up as opaque. Take it for a little test drive on a dark piece of paper: if the ink doesn’t write opaque, your ink is too runny. If the ink simply refuses to write at all, it’s too thick.

If your ink is too runny, you should leave it unattended with the cap off for a couple of hours. This will allow some of the liquid to evaporate, which will give you the proper viscosity. You can set a timer if you’d like, and test the ink when the timer goes off. Don’t worry about letting the ink lose too much water; you can always add water back in.

If your ink is too thick, you’ll just add a few drops of water and shake the ink up until it reaches the consistency you need.
Now, to water down the original recipe I'd like to use moon water. Using the method outlined in [3], we'll create a small amount of moon water to be added to the ink. Because we're making such a small amount of ink, we don't need to create a large amount of moon water. For every 1 ounce of witch hazel you use in the ink, you'll probably only use a single drop of moon water. I haven't tested it yet, so I will change this amount once I have.

Then you've created your ink, mixing the witch hazel, titanium dioxide, and moon water. I haven't figured out how I'm planning to write with it, so I'll update that later.
HexesAndDecimals

SOURCE
WAIT, BUT WHAT IF TECHNOMAGES/TECHNOWITCHES USED LITTLE RUBBER DUCKS IN THEIR PRACTICES LIKE PROGRAMMERS DO

RUBBER DUCK FAMILIARS

EXPLAINING SPELLS TO THE RUBBER DUCKS TO FIGURE OUT WHY IT ISN’T WORKING

RUBBER DUCK SHAPED USBs THAT HAVE SPELLS ON THEM

RUBBER DUCKS
A cute idea, and works on a meta level?
HexesAndDecimals

Things to do with old computer parts
  • "Use old keyboard keys to kickstart spells (the enter key and the delete key especially)" [1]
  • Create a pendulum out of old computer parts. They don't have to be made of crystal, they just have to be heavier than the chain they're on. Ideally find parts with metals that have meaning.
Computer Specific Witchcraft
  • "instead of burying things you want destroyed, erase them or write over them using a shredder program" [1]
  • Use sims as poppets [2]
Apps and Programs for Witchcraft
I've personally got three different tarot apps which I'm using to learn tarot, but none of them are special enough to be listed here. Other apps I use:
  • Simple Moon Phase Calendar: shows the phase of the moon as a widget on your homescreen. Useful for maintaining awareness of the moon and anticipating full moons.
HexesAndDecimals

Modern Examples
The biggest example that comes to mind when I think of modern technowitchcraft is the Telugu bug for iphones. A single character, in Telugu, if sent to an iphone would case it to instantly crash. [1].
HexesAndDecimals

Familiars?
I'm not as comfortable with the concept of familiars as I'd like to be, but my current goal is to turn the graphing calculator I've been working with for six years into my familiar. All of my devices, including aforementioned calculator are named: The logic: Daedauls built the labyrinth. Theseus solved the labirynth and slayed the minotaur. Ariadne helped Theseus navigate the labirynth by giving him the clue (ball of rope). Phaedra was the sister to Ariadne and the wife of Theseus. Talos is the nephew of Daedalus, who invented the saw by seeing a fish's spine. Iapyx is the son of Daedalus, and a healer of Apollo.
HexesAndDecimals

Computers, cyberspace, and spirituality.

Just gonna dump some interesting resources and quotes here for my future reference:
  • University of Manitoba. Religion and the Internet: The Techno-Spiritual In Cyberspace
    • Human evolution will follow the model of technology in terms of mass connectivity, and become a collective mind. Others believe that a collective mind will be enabled by the technology, and minds will be hooked up or wired into the Internet just as computers are. An aspect of this idea is omniscience, the ability of a person who is logged into the net to "know all" or even "be all" by virtue of the connections that it grants them. The mind becomes likened to a computer; thoughts and emotions as well as anything else are processed as "files." If this is true, then it is possible to take the contents of a person's biological brain and upload them into a form of digital brain that physically does not deteriorate: instant immortality. Cyberspace allows users to transcend their bodies, as many religions aim towards. To me, these qualities make the Internet into a place, which allows people to recreate themselves as a version of their own god. Omniscience, immortality, transcending the body-all these things are classic goals or qualities of spiritual enlightenment or spiritual control.
    • Wertheim (1999) has worked with the idea that cyberspace is a new version of Heaven, this time created by humans and not God. Part of her ideas rest in the basis that the tradition of the Western world to separate the mind and body has lead to the ideas that qualities that are not physical become equated with the mind (Wertheim 1999:149). Interestingly, the mind also includes spiritual qualities and beliefs. Thus, the Internet is largely a spiritual "space" somewhere in the ether. It becomes part of the Christian concept of Heaven through this link, but also holds a promise of the sacred to many people. One thing that is important to remember, though, is that this version of Heaven is under our direct control. There is no intermediary of the priest and other clergy, or barriers of divine beings that work for God. We are directly connected to technology that allows us divine creation. We can create our own utopic worlds online-the act of creating somehow becoming important once we realize we can have our own six days, and own a web page. But if you know how, creating the world can only take about six hours. Somehow, in a crucial way, the Internet has begun to allow democratic belief systems, or belief systems independent of control to exist as a large presence. To some extent, this is because cyberspace works with a form of power relations that render hierarchies of power and control in religion as unnecessary. There is no one person that must be accessed in order to attain spiritual enlightenment. There are multiple sources that allow each and every person who accesses them to work at their spirituality on their own level.
  • European Journal of Science and Theology. CYBER-SPIRITUALITY AS A NEW FORM OF RELIGION?
    • He thinks media are taking a whole set of traditional functions found in religion: they offer symbols, interpret world, offer shared experience, but also present feasts and ecstatic experiences.
    • Several of the already mentioned authors, for example M. Eliade, O.I. Ńtampach or T. Halík speak alike as they claim that religion can change its traditional form to reach areas that are not typical for it. The classic example can be seen in media, for example, especially picture-based media, which can generate various kinds of mood and feelings [8], especially those that are tied to entertainment [9], but also support spiritual phenomena in the sense of creating a nicer and more true reality, for example with sports heroes, singers or actors/actresses – gods that are hugely adored [4]. This is the reason why media can also substitute traditional religion, to a certain degree. These are real people here, with real lives that are virtualized or sacralised through media.
    • The author [10, p. 76], referring to J. Campbell, speaks about three phases of heroic mythical structure: separation, initiation and return. In the game, the player is transformed to his avatar, who faces various quests at the beginning. If the avatar – hero succeeds, he gets a reward – he reaches higher degrees of skills and gains appreciation from the community. Vallikatt [10, p. 164] notices that myths in WoW constitute an important part of the game and set the way facts are perceived and the world is understood. Moreover, the players identify themselves deeply with their avatars and start to live their lives. Deep identification with avatars is visible for example when one exclaims „I was killed‟ rather that „my avatar was killed‟.
    • The result of this is in the fact that videogames can massively saturate religious needs of the post-modern (or hyper-modern) man, for example in experiencing the sacred, fascination, self-transformation, catharsis, etc. Similarly, M. Highland and G. Yu [12] declare that digital media, especially videogames, can bring spiritual experiences in man, thus they suggest equality between traditional and cyber-spirituality.
    • C.G. Jung [13] claims that when consciousness ascends into unconsciousness, collective of individual, we may come across some archetypes; these may be of numinous and sacral character. These archetypes, often found in media and videogames, do not occur randomly, there is a relation with a concrete person, his consciousness, frame of mind, problems and similar
  • The Spirit of Cyberspace
    • While the world is shrinking, our collective consciousness is expanding; as the great new knowledge repository of Cyberspace grows, becoming the electronic nervous system through which mankind is destined to know itself on a whole new level. The Internet is a pulsating earth-encompassing net of countless millions of energetically- linked, computerized "intelligence nodes," each directly and instantaneously accessible to all the others. This omni-distributed array allows the human minds positioned at those terminals to become potentially cognizant of the collective knowledge and ideas of everyone else.
    • Is God on-line? In search of answers and the valuable tools of personal transformation, I visited spiritual home pages, religious electronic bulletin boards, New Age forums, mystical Gopher sites, goddess-loving Usenet newsgroups, and digitized sacred text libraries throughout the world. I found a proliferation of Buddhist networks, religious and esoteric special interest groups, and inspiring electronic newsletters.
HexesAndDecimals

Deer Automata Familiar
Three entities revealed themselves to me, but what they actually are isn't entirely clear. One of them, however, has decided to be a familiar and requested a physical body. That one calls himself "The Engineer" and he is a fully mechanical Eld's Deer. If I had the time, and the money, I would build him a fitting body, one true to life size with an electronic brain, but alas at the moment I cannot afford that.

So his body will be a small autamota, based off of the work of James Watt and Theo Jansen. Sources: I'll update this post as I finish working on the automata.

The body will be crafted out of aluminium craft wire, with the legs and neck all connected to the central gear box. A hobby motor will be used to operate the gears, allowing the deer to "walk" on its own.
HexesAndDecimals

The Three Thoughts
I have three entities that guide my on my path:
  • The Revenant
  • The Heart
  • The Engineer
They each have their own personalities, appearance, and powers.

The Revenant is the most active, and he is a unicorn whose body shifts between skeletal and healthy with the moon. At the full moon, he's a healthy white unicorn. At the noon mood, he's a black unicorn skeleton. Between these there's usually voids in his body, which go straight through without showing organs or anything but black bone.

The Heart is a large red dragon whose body more or less resembles and anatomical heart. He does not speak in words so much as push emotions. I think of him, often, as the personification of my emotions.

The Engineer, as mentioned in the above post, is my familiar. He is without a form now, so he does not speak much. All he has told me is his name, and a request for a physical body.
HexesAndDecimals

Black Mirror Scrying

My thought is to combine a magnetic levitation platform
[url=http://a.co/d/b2Ve6om]Image[/url]

with a hematite globe, since hematite is magnetic
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Masterpost about black mirror scrying
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Globes vs Pyramids vs Cubes
SpiritTalker wrote:I think pyramids are generators & spheres are receivers. Nature makes planets round for some reason. The standard crystal ball has been used for gazing for centuries & not a pyramid or a cube (cubes anchor) so the stone carvers had some reason to intuitively choose the sphere shape.
HexesAndDecimals

Consecrating
[url=http://everythingunderthemoon.net/spells/consecrate.htm]EUTM Style:[/url]
Items needed:
  • Incense - myrrh or patchouli preferably
  • A white candle
  • A bowl of water
  • A bowl of salt
  • The object to be consecrated
  1. Light some incense, preferably myrrh or patchouli and a white candle.
  2. Take the item, cover it with salt,
  3. place your right hand over the bowl (unless your left handed, then use your left) and
  4. envision a white light leaving your palm and passing through the bowl, washing away all negative energies.
  5. Then say:
    "Blessed Lord and Lady, with salt and smoke I consecrate this tool in your name. Let it serve me well."
  6. Remove the item from the salt, shaking off the salt as you do so,
  7. then pass it through the incense smoke, sprinkle it with water, then pass it through the candle flame.
Your item is now consecrated.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ThoughtCo Style
This ritual is a simple one that can be used to consecrate any magical tools, clothing or jewelry, or even the altar itself. By offering the tool to the powers of the four elements, it is consecrated and blessed from all directions.

Keep in mind that just like with everything else in Pagan ritual, there's rarely a right or wrong way to do things. This ritual is simply a sample of how you can do things - many traditions have their own unique method of consecration.

For this ritual, you'll need a white candle, a cup of water, a small bowl of salt, and incense.

Each corresponds to one of the cardinal elements and directions:

North/Earth: salt
East/Air: incense
South/Fire: candle
West/Water: water
If your tradition requires you to cast a circle, do so now. Light the candle and the incense. Take the tool or other item you wish to consecrate in your hands, and face north. Pass it over the salt and say:

Powers of the North,
Guardians of the Earth,
I consecrate this wand of willow (or knife of steel, amulet of crystal, etc)
and charge it with your energies.
I purify it this night, and make this tool sacred.

Now, turn to the east and, holding the tool in the smoke of the incense, say:

Powers of the East,
Guardians of the Air,
I consecrate this wand of willow

Next, face the south and pass the tool over the flame of the candle -- be careful if it's a flammable material like Tarot cards or a robe! -- and repeat the process, saying:

Powers of the South,
Guardians of Fire,
I consecrate this wand of willow

Finally, turn to the west, and pass your ritual tool over the cup of water. Say:

Powers of the West,
Guardians of Water,
I consecrate this wand of willow [or knife of steel, amulet of crystal, etc]

Face your altar, hold the wand (athame/chalice/amulet/whatever) to the sky, and say:

I charge this wand in the name of Old Ones,
the Ancients, the Sun and the Moon and the Stars.
By the powers of the Earth, of Air, of Fire and of Water
I banish the energies of any previous owners,
and make it new and fresh.
I consecrate this wand,
and it is mine.

Now you've not only consecrated the tool, you've claimed ownership. In many Pagan traditions, including some forms of Wicca, it's considered a good idea to put the item to use immediately to bind the consecration and strengthen the energy of the tool. If you've consecrated a wand, athame, or chalice, you can use those in a ceremony to consecrate another tool. If you've consecrated something that is worn, such as an article of clothing (for example, a ritual robe) or a piece of jewelry, begin wearing it now.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thetetraktys Style
What You’ll Need
Your Sacred Space or Altar
To Represent the Element of Earth (Facing North):
A Green Candle
A Bowl of Salt (alternatives: soil, stones, or sand)
To Represent the Element of Air (Facing East):
A Yellow Candle
An Incense Burner
The Incense of your choice (I recommend frankincense)
To Represent the Element of Fire (Facing South):
Two Red Candles
To Represent the Element of Water (Facing West):
A Blue Candle
A Bowl of Water (I recommend rain water or melted snow)
To delimitate the Circle (optional)
Stones, Crystals, Rope, Salt, or Chalk

Spell Preparation
Prepare the space. Cleanse it with sage, or salted water. Find the four directions into your room. Set up your altar if you wish.

Gather your tools. Place the candles and representations at each corresponding corner of the room.

Prepare yourself. Cleanse yourself with sage, or salted water, or with visualization.

Now, you can cleanse your item, following the spells I given in my last article. Otherwise, you can do it after you’ve cast your Sacred Circle.

How to Cast the Sacred Circle

Using your fingers or your athame, trace a circle around the room. First, start facing the North, then, in a clockwise direction, connect the four corners. While doing it, visualize the circle around you. You can trace the circle as many times as you need, until you’re able to “see” it with your mind. Imagine that the line becomes a three-dimensional orb surrounding you and your altar. It should feel like you’re into a circular tent.

If you wish, you can use physical objects to delimitate the circle. You can trace it with chalk, salt, crystals, stones, or with a rope.

Say: “Now, I cast the Sacred Circle. The Circle is closed, so that only love may enter or leave its field. As I will it, so mote it be”.

As you’re moving into the circle, always walk in a clockwise direction. This prevents you from unintentionally scattering the energies.

How to Call the Four Elemental Guardians

Go to the North. Take a pinch of salt in your hands (it helps to connect with the element of Earth). Call the Guardian of Earth:

“Guardian of the Watchtower of the North, Spirit of the Earth, I call to you. Tonight, I invite you into my Sacred Circle. Hail and Welcome!”

Feel your feet sinking into the ground. Breathe. Light the green candle.

Go to the East. Light the incense and breathe its perfume. Call the Guardian of East:

“Guardian of the Watchtower of the East, Spirit of the Air, I call to you. Tonight, I invite you into my Sacred Circle. Hail and Welcome!”

Feel a breeze of fresh air on your skin. Light the yellow candle.

Go to the South. Light only one red candle. Pass your hands rapidly into the flames. Call the Guardian of the South:

“Guardian of the Watchtower of the South, Spirit of the Fire, I call to you. Tonight, I invite you into my Sacred Circle. Hail and Welcome!”

Fell the flames warm your skin. Light the second red candle.

Go to the West. Put your hands into the bowl of water. Anoint your forehand if you feel like it. Call the Guardian of the West:

“Guardian of the Watchtower of the West, Spirit of the Water, I call to you. Tonight, I invite you into my Sacred Circle. Hail and Welcome!”

Imagine that you’re standing in a small pond. You’re feeling refreshed and clean. Light the blue candle.

If you want, you can invite the Goddess and the God into your Circle. Since we’re not working directly with them, I chose not to.

How to Consecrate Your Magickal Tools

First, cleanse your item of unwanted energies, using the spell of your choice. This is very important. If you don’t know how, read my previous article. Don’t worry, it’s very easy.

Now, you’re going to consecrate the object using the energies of the four elements. To strengthen the spell, don’t do it just physically. Use your mind to visualize each element as you’re spraying it on your item. This will make the spell even more powerful.

We’ll start with the North. If your item is small enough, you can sink it into the bowl of salt. If it’s too big, just spray a small amount of salt on top of it. Say:

“By the power of the Earth, I consecrate this ______” (Replace the blank by the name of your tool).

Now, go to the East. Pass your item through the smoke of the incense. Say:

“By the power of the Air, I consecrate this ______”.

Go to the South. Pass your item through the flame of the candles (be cautious though!). Say:

“By the power of the Fire, I consecrate this ______”.

Go to the West. If your object can not be damaged by water, plunge it into the bowl. Otherwise, just spray a few drops of water on top of it. Say:

“By the power of the Water, I consecrate this ______”.

Lastly, go to the Center of the circle. Take your item with both of your hands. Visualize a ray of golden light passing through you, and from your two hands, to your tool, charging it with power. When the object becomes tingling with energy, say:

“By the power of my own Spirit, this ________ is now consecrated for my own use, and for the Greater good. As I will it, so mote it be”.

Now your object is consecrated! If you have multiple tools to consecrate, repeat the steps. It is customary to start using your tool immediately after its consecration, so feel free to do so.

How to Dismiss the Elements

Now that your spell is done, don’t forget to say dismiss the Elements! It is very important to release the energies that you’ve summoned, so that they don’t remain trapped into your room. Long story short: once, in my coven, we did not dismiss the elements properly and my friend had nightmares all night. So now we’re very careful with it!

Now you need to move anticlockwise into the circle. This will help you dispel the energies. Likewise, you need to start by the element you called last.

Go to the West. Say:

“Guardian of the Watchtower of the West, Spirit of the Water, I thank you for joining me into the Sacred Circle. Now, you are free to go back to where you came from. Hail and Farewell!”

Visualize that the energies of the Water are leaving the circle. Snuff the blue candle.

Go to the South. Say:

“Guardian of the Watchtower of the South, Spirit of the Fire, I thank you for joining me into the Sacred Circle. Now, you are free to go back to where you came from. Hail and Farewell!”

Visualize that the energies of the Fire are leaving the circle. Snuff the two red candles.

Go to the East. Say:

“Guardian of the Watchtower of the East, Spirit of the Air, I thank you for joining me into the Sacred Circle. Now, you are free to go back to where you came from. Hail and Farewell!”

Visualize that the energies of the Air are leaving the circle. Snuff the yellow candle and the incense.

Go to the North. Say:

“Guardian of the Watchtower of the North, Spirit of the Earth, I thank you for joining me into the Sacred Circle. Now, you are free to go back to where you came from. Hail and Farewell!”

Visualize that the energies of the Earth are leaving the circle. Snuff the green candle.

How to Open the Sacred Circle
Again, you need to move anticlockwise to dismiss the energies of your circle. Trace the circle the same way than you casted it, but the other way around. Start facing the West, then connect the four corners. While doing it, visualize that your circle is fading. Your hand or athame is like a vacuum, sucking in all the energies. Try to walk the circle as many times than you did when you first casted it. Remove the physical objects that you used to delimitate the circle

With your athame or your fingers, touch the ground. Say:

“The Circle is open but remains unbroken. I send back all its energies to Mother Earth. Everything comes back to what is was before. May this space and those who inhabit it stay protected forever. Merry Meet, Merry Part, and Merry meet again.”

Return to “Member's Books of Shadows”