Tome of the Hallowed

Start your own thread named "[Name's] Book of Shadows" and add spells, rituals, correspondences, music, videos, etc. that you would like to keep for future use or share with others. Use as many posts as you'd like. It's not private, but at least your family won't see it. You can also get ideas from other people's Books of Shadows.
Victoria Mnemosyne

Re: Tome of the Hallowed

Post by Victoria Mnemosyne »

I'm sorry I don't understand the question
Victoria Mnemosyne

siren wrote:Is this a spell you'd use before OBE? Or couldnthis be used as agenersl unnoticed spell?
Victoria Mnemosyne wrote:It's designed to be an "unnoticed" spell- as opposed to an "invisible" spell.
I've never tried it, but I've heard many instances of spells for this purpose and wanted to see first hand what results I got.
siren, I apologize for the long delay, I came across the acronym you used that confused me and had a DUH moment. :roll:

Anyway, I would use this in general, but perhaps this sort of thing would be more effective in the astral plane as generally it is harder to manipulate the physical plane with energy. or at least that is my view. By all means try it before OBE, and let me know how it works out. :)
Victoria Mnemosyne

White Star Spell

Let the true beauty hidden within me
Shine forth like a pale star for all to see
To draw fast beating hearts and bright eyes
As a flame draws moths with powdery wings
Let it drift through the air like a faint melody
That stirs the hearts of lovers whose ears it may reach
Inanna, Ishtar, Astarte, Aphrodite, Venus
Let the beauty of my spirit grace my face
So that all may see the true beauty within me

Light three white candles in front of a long mirror. Stand naked in front of the mirror, and repeat the chant. Anoint yourself with a mixture of vanilla and jasmine oil: on the left hip, the lips, the right hip, the left breast and the right breast. Visualize a soft glow forming a pentacle throughout your body.

Destiny’s Pathway Spell

You will need:
- A clock
- A die
- An image of you as a baby (the earliest you can find)
- A mirror
- Four black candles
- A white or beeswax candle
- Two black ribbons
- A silver, gold, or white fabric marker
- Mugwort and white sage
- A smoke collector

Forwards now through time and space
Let this spell take me to that intended place
Where it was long ago decided my destiny lies
Carry me as swiftly as Mercury flies
And reveal to me my destiny
For there is pain in mystery
Let me see which love is truly intended
So that my broken heart may be mended
Let me see which path I am meant to walk
So that I may be strong and not balk
From the end of the path that lies ahead
Where I am destined to stand before I am dead

As for choice, I let this die roll
So that free will may take its toll
And be accounted in this spell
That I cast in order to foretell
Which choices I must decide
To find at last where happiness lies
And may my destiny be fulfilled
Soon, before my hope is killed
I wish to walk the path that is mine
Quickly now, through space, through time!

During a full or dark moon, tie two black candles together with about 12” of black ribbon. The ribbon should be marked (using fabric marker) with the word DESTINY on the inside, and on the outside, PAST near the beginning and FUTURE near the end. Mark the second ribbon the same way and use it to tie together the other two black candles. Set these candles so that they form a pathway with the PAST side closest to you. Place the baby photo in the path between the words PAST. Midway between PAST and FUTURE place a small mirror. At the FUTURE end, place a white candle. Behind the white candle, place a clock.
Light the black candles. As you recite the first part of the rhyme, wind the clock ahead. As you begin the second part of the rhyme, lightly toss the die down the “path” towards the white candle. When you have finished saying the whole rhyme, light the white or beeswax candle, and do not extinguish it until it has burned out.
Then scry with whatever method you favor.
Victoria Mnemosyne

Birch Tree Spell

You will need:
- A silver coin
- A white candle and a light blue candle
- A birch twig or piece of bark
- A length of white thread, yarn or rope

For peace, calm and inner balance, focus your intent upon a silver coin and charge it in the light of the waxing moon. At sunrise, light a white or light blue candle, place a single hair over the coin and seal it with wax. Take a birch twig or piece of bark and write or carve onto it the intent of the spell. Concentrate as the candle burns. Tie the bundle together with a white thread and give it to a river or any flowing natural body of water. (The idea is that the flowing water will gently wash away anxiety)

Telepathy Spell

As plain light shadows
And truth ends fear
Open locked thoughts
To my mind’s willing ear
May the smoke from this candle
Into everywhere creep
Bring innermost voices
To my mind in speech

Light an indigo or purple candle to strengthen psychic abilities.

Calling upon Spirits

You will need:
- A spirit or Ouija board
- Mugwort of wormwood incense
- Graveyard dirt

I call thee, spirits of another time
Awaken from your slumber with this rhyme
Kind guests, heed the words of this charm:
Into this dwelling, bring no harm
Visit and speak what you wish to tell
Then return once again to your shadowy realm

The veil between living and dead is thinnest on the night of All Hallows Eve. Graveyard dirt and mugwort incense will be needed. It is wise to cast a protective circle, in order to prevent spirits loosely running about the house. Also, an Ouija board may be a useful tool for communication, if you are having difficulty acting as a medium.
Victoria Mnemosyne

Spell for Lovers

Let me love and cherish
The one I hold in my heart
For himself only, and no other reason
And never take for granted
And he, unto me
Let him hold me in his heart
With compassion and forgiveness
With passion and friendship
And me, unto he
Let the bond we have forged
Grow ever stronger with passing days
And let us both remember always
The words our hearts hath whispered
As we looked upon the other’s face

Light two candles, one red and one pink. Burn cinnamon and ground dried red rose petals. Recite the incantation. This is most powerful when one on a Friday. The gender can be switched by substituting “herself”, “she” and “her”. If performing with a partner, kiss at the close of the spell.

Clarity of Love Spell

I call upon thee, powers that be
To send me a sign
Into my heart I wish to see
With open mind and sight unblind

Light a red candle and repeat the chant while holding a piece of rose quartz. Meditate for clarity. Burn some eyebright. Best on a Friday, and can be performed during the Dark Moon.

Chaos Spell for Severing Ties

Tie a cord around your chest, and tuck it loosely into something in front of you. Focus on what- or who- the cord represents, even if it is your past self. Fall back onto a soft space like a bed. The fall will create a flash of momentary gnosis. In this moment, the symbolic action becomes spiritually effective. The fall with cause the cord to fall as well, and the tie to be broken.
Victoria Mnemosyne

Personal Incantation to Attract Chaos

I want to rise up against
A gem from history I know
All will notice it
I want
But I am acting out at destiny
I attract arrayed
Have a knack
Do anything I wish
I am a crow

Light eight candles, arrayed in a circle: orange, black, blue, yellow, green, red, purple and white. As you recite the incantation, constantly scramble the candles’ places within the circle. When you are finished blow them all out. Then laugh hysterically, and do something completely random and nonsensical- this cannot be premeditated. Stand on your head. Reset the clock to the wrong time. Anything.

Banishing the Old and Embracing the New
Tonight no moon, tomorrow the first one
Let this be eroded till my will be done
Candle burn bright to remove all ill
Let this spell be cast by the power of my will
Let me be cleansed by the new moon’s light
So a new life may rise as the old sinks from sight!

Light a black candle and repeat the chant, focusing strongly on that which you wish to banish. Snuff it out and light a white candle at midnight. Repeat the second chant. To be performed on the night before the new moon.

Incantation to Prevent Harm by Malicious Persons

Dullix, ix, ux. Yea, you can't come over Pontio; Pontio is above Pilato.
-Powwow (Pennsylvanian Dutch healing Grimoire)

Banishing Spell 1

Light the candle and burn nettles on charcoal. Focus your energy on willing this thing or person gone from your life as you watch. Best if done on a Saturday.

Banishing Spell 2

Write or draw on a paper the negative things clinging to you. Bless a red candle with healing energy and light it. Burn the paper. Then write or draw feelings associated with being free of this negativity. Place that under the candle until it burns out. Perform during a new moon.
Victoria Mnemosyne

Open the Old to Change

I open your minds, I open your hearts
The future is here now; the past may depart
This seed I sow of love and trust
Let the old ways sit and gather dust
Your sons and your daughters beyond your command
But at cross purpose only if you demand
They be held back and stay tied down
If you choose you may join them now
And ride to shore the waves of change
Let the youth deep inside you be stirred and not staid
Begrudge not your children the new ways to come
For rebellion will always belong to the young

Take three white threads and knot them together three times. Decorate them as a necklace. Hang them in front of a mirror on the night of a full moon: Then, wear them around your neck for one moon cycle. Give it as a gift to the object of the spell (or any elder person if your aim is general) along with some small thoughtful trinket, to attract understanding and trust. This spell requires full cooperation: if the person who accepted the trinket treasures it or even keeps it, the spell will have effect. If that person throws it away or forgets it, then the spell will have little to no effect.

Chaos Spell for Discord

Hail to you Eris
Goddess of Chaos and Discord
You who might make the mighty fall in confusion
And drink the tears of the perplexed as if they were sweet nectar!

Hail to you Eris
The Holy troublemaker
Bring victory from the confusion that you leave behind
As you toss the golden apple
And watch the fools argue over it!

Take something your enemy has written, or a type-written document, and scramble the letters with your statement of intent (“It is my will to cause confusion and chaos to __”). Banish, using whatever banishing ritual you prefer (and possibly lighting a red candle). Invoke Eris, then chant the mixed up letters while playing loud music. Burn the letters and proclaim: “Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, Hail Discordia!” Finally, banish with laughter.

Enchanting the Garnet Ring - [Spell removed by Xiao Rong for Violating Forum Rules]
Victoria Mnemosyne

POTIONS:

Lust Potion
To make its wearer the object of lust
In a red painted bottle add together oils or extracts of vanilla, patchouli, rose, jasmine, sandalwood and eucalyptus. Add to this your own sexual fluids. Prepare upon the hour of Venus during a full moon. Call upon Inanna, Aphrodite, Venus, Hathor and Ishtar to endow the potion with the power to make its wearer the object of lust and attraction. Keep it in a dark place for a full moon cycle, and then it is ready to be shaken and worn as a perfume.

Dream Bottle
For prophetic dreams
In a silvery purple or blue bottle, mix together three drops each of jasmine oil and vanilla extract, with a tincture or tea of chamomile and mugwort*, and leaves and flowers of marigolds. While the mixture is still hot, strain it into the bottle with an amethyst crystal. Shake it seven times, and swirl it seven times desail. Then pour out into a cup and drink. Any leftovers can be saved in the bottle and refrigerated for a few days to be consumed again, but do not drink an old potion as it will not keep long. *Be wary of mugwort: it can be toxic in high doses, but is safe in small quantities. Consult an herbalist.

Open to the Light Potion
For a light heart and a sunny outlook
Tarot Spell
Place a piece of citrine in a glass of water and cover the top with thin cloth. Anoint a golden-yellow candle with hyacinth oil and tie a red ribbon around it. Pass the candle over the cup in a clockwise stirring motion, three times for the past, present and future. Then set the candle in a dish of sugar laid over the tarot card The Sun. When finished, blend the sugar into the water and drink. *May be used in conjunction with a spell for banishing negativity within the self.

Binding Love Oil
To bind a lover to you
Haitian Voodoo
Around the neck of a bottle of patchouli oil, tie a string soaked with your own blood, a strand of your hair, and seal it with wax. Leave it for a full moon cycle. After this time has passed, get the object of the spell to touch the oil or something with the oil on it. If this is not possible, soak a slip of paper with that person’s name and birth-date written on it and burn it. For a general love spell, soak the wick of a red candle and burn it during the waxing moon to attract a lover.

Cure-All
To solve whatever problems
Louisiana Voodoo
In a bottle, mix together pure honey, jimson weed, and sulfur. Rub the bottle against a black cat, while chanting: “Papa Legba, Papa Legba, Open the door so that good may come through! The good will come through, the bad will go out!” Sip the mixture slowly. While focusing on the problem you wish to cure.
Victoria Mnemosyne

PHILOSOPHY:

I belive that the human soul has 4 components:
The Breath Soul or life force, similar to the Egyptian Kha, which is ths soul that leaves at death and goes off to other realms, which may create a Ghost Spirit
The Blood Soul, the ancestor-soul that links us to our families and ancestors
The Self Soul, or the compilation of personality, mood, mind, identity, which ends at death but may create a poltergeist,
The Eternal Soul, if energy and matter are the same, and never created nor destroyed, we are not separate but are a part of an eternal, all-encompassing whole. Reincarnation is the returning of the individual to the Whole, to cycle back again

THE REALMS AS I KNOW OR HAVE EXPERIENCED THEM TO BE:
(NOTE: I have named them myself, so the names are pretty arbitrary. Don't get caught up on them)

Zenith: This is the highest point of the heavens, the highest in vibration of all the realms, and one that encompasses chaos and order in perfect harmony. It is home to only those Deities that work on the highest vibrations of consciousness.

Ourania: This is the second realm of heaven, high in vibration but bound by order. There is nothing chaotic about this realm. It is the home of angels, daemons of light and of goodness, who protect the spiritual order of all realms they may reach.

Astraea: The Astral Plane is a very ancient realm; the seat of primordial Chaos. Astraea is really a division of the Astral Plane, in which things of high vibration rise to the top. It is a swirling mystic place, seen through a haze of purples and blues like the sheen on moonstone. There are deep, clear and warm waters, endless skies, and floating cloud-like structures that house every setting imaginable, from castles to skyscrapers to sun streaked meadows.
Astraea can be reached by living humans during astral projection and lucid dreaming. If the Astral is a dream, Pandemonium is a nightmare- and the Astral Plane’s natural complement. The spirits here are higher beings than the ghosts contacted in séances and through Ouija boards. Some of them have chosen to live here as guides, and to aid souls on earth in their journey. It is a favorite haunt of the spirits of mystics, mages, artists, and philosophers. Other fantastic beings live here as well, and these are enlightened beings that cannot or choose not to move on to heaven. The Astral Plane is a calm and inspired place, an infinite dreamscape inhabited by dragons, unicorns, and many others that are nearly impossible to name or describe.

Gaia: I think of Gaia as separated into two parallel realms, Gaia I and Gaia II, but really they are not as separate as the name implies. Gaia I can be thought of as the physical, tangible realm. It is a realm of neutral vibration, constantly caught in war between order and chaos. Time is linear here, and Gaia is the only realm in the cosmos where this is true. The tangential realm of Gaia II is Gaia’s intangible component; the realm of the faie folk, the gnomes, undines, salamanders, sylphs, nereids, oceanids, dryads, gaeants, and other nature spirits.

Limbo: Limbo is a realm of neutral vibration, and total order. The vibrations here are astonishingly slow, as millennia may pass in Gaea whilst a single second takes place in Limbo. Limbo is the true cosmic waiting room, where souls await the process of being reborn. This is also the realm of past lives, as time is fluid here, and the past and the present are one and the same.

Purgatory: Purgatory is between Pandemonium and the Astral Plane. It lies on the dividing line between darkness and light: for this reason, Purgatory is very much a form of limbo. It is a chaotic realm, of neutral vibration, and a quicker one as well. Many souls live in Purgatory that were once human, who died and are unable to cut ties with their earthly experience. These tortured souls are stuck in loops that sometimes leave earthly echoes, and these are the lower class of spirits or ghosts. Leaving Purgatory means throwing oneself back into the cycle of death and rebirth. Cleansings can be performed on earth to aid souls in this painful and difficult process. Dark Daemons and Light Daemons meet here in a timeless battle that ensures the balance of the universe. Neither side is able to advance past this point into the territory of the other side.

Pandaemonium: If Astraea is home to the higher vibrations of chaos, and can be called a dreamscape, then Pandaemonium (the home of lower vibrations) is a nightmare. It is a vast, swirling realm of chaos and insanity. Demons can abide here, and to them it is as close to heaven as they can get. Visiting this realm is extremely hazardous for humans, and can result in hysterical madness, allergen like reactions, nausea, vomiting, and extreme disorientation.

Abyssus: Abyssus is what I call the first realm of Hell, and it is of characteristically low vibration. Demons thrive here, but no other being can stand the noxious energies that pervade this realm. This Hell is a writhing abyss of hate, pain, confusion, lust, despair and greed. It is more heavily ordered than Inferno, as the demons that live here are legions of Satan, the Lord of Hell.

Inferno: Inferno, as the lowest realm of Hell, is spiritually the darkest of places. It is the lowest in vibration of all the realms, where chaos and order merge together, under Lord Satan’s command.
ShinobiGizmo

Post by ShinobiGizmo »

Destiny's pathway- does that come in a dream? Or would i meditate and get a visual?

Telepathy- i'm wondering what to expect... It makes me think of buffy hearing everyone's thoughts, and wants to lock herself in her room since its driving her crazy lol... How would i break that spell?

Garnet ring- what power does it hold?
Victoria Mnemosyne

ShinobiGizmo wrote:Destiny's pathway- does that come in a dream? Or would i meditate and get a visual?

Telepathy- i'm wondering what to expect... It makes me think of buffy hearing everyone's thoughts, and wants to lock herself in her room since its driving her crazy lol... How would i break that spell?

Garnet ring- what power does it hold?
Destiny's Pathway: you could use any method you prefer, but basically what the spell is designed to do is ask the powers that be to reveal your destiny to you. I left a little wiggle-room there, because I find that overly specific spells ("id like to have a dream about what exactly will happen to me five years from now") tend not to work out.

Telepathy: again, it's designed to be more subtle in effect. The exact WAY it works is left open to the universe/gods to decide, but the effect it had for me is that after practice I was able to sense what people were thinking. Not strictly in words, but just what they were thinking about. It is a skill, however, and requres effort.

Garnet ring: the ring in question is a personal family heirloom. I created this spell to call the spirits of my ancestors and past lives to protect and watch over me when I wear it, and- if they so choose- help me with magic.
ShinobiGizmo

Post by ShinobiGizmo »

Ah :) ok! Thank you for that, cleared everything up for me. I find most of wht you have in your b.o.s very interesting. The material seems unique. I like it, because it seems so different from the others on here.
Victoria Mnemosyne

Past Lives

Imunkal (Amunkah?): Female: Oracle Priestess to the Snake Goddess: Ancient Near East, ? BCE
As Imunkal, I was given by my family at a very young age to the temple, when I showed a talent for the oracular arts. I was then raised among the Priestesses and eventually rose through the ranks. One of our tasks was keeping the sacred fires lit. We were eventually murdered by some outside force, possibly an invading army or soldiers of some competing secular or religious leader. She had very long, looong dark hair. Her skin was surprisingly light, but had a color to it that suggest Middle Eastern ancestry. Her skin color was similar to that of modern light-skinned Egyptians.

Zithra Vesta: Succubus: Ancient Roman Republic/Empire
Zithra Vesta is a succubi created during Ancient Rome, from the energies derived of women forced into lives of servitude to the Roman virgin Goddess Vesta. Many of these women did not choose this life and were not inclined spiritually into that world, but were forced by their families in order to earn them prestige or influence. She bonded with my soul in a later life, when my name was Colette.

?: Male: Raider or soldier: Northern Europe, sometime before 1300 CE
I do not know this boy's name, only that he was young and dressed in a rough tunic covered by skins and furs. He was a raider, accustomed to violence, and was of a seafaring people. Possibly Viking, but definitely something similar. He had pale skin, freckles, reddish brown hair, blue eyes and a stocky build. Mentally, one of the least clever of my past lives.

Agnes: Female: Aristocrat: France or England, circa 1520 CE
Agnes is a young aristocratic lady who has a passionate love affair with a wealthier, more powerful man. Despite their passion for each other his brutality eventually destroys the relationship. Agnes was a Catholic. She was rather weak willed, but idealistic and naive. She had straight strawberry blond hair and large hazel eyes, a milky white complexion.

Verushka: Female: Midwife: Russia, circa 1700
One of my happiest lives. I remember her best as a middle aged woman. She is serene but cheerful, with round blue eyes and thin blond hair. She is a traditional midwife and this enriches her spiritual life. She loves what she does, but she lives alone and never has a family. Possibly she was barren.

Colette: Female: Aristocrat: SW France to North Orleans, 1780
She was given to an elderly duke whom she had no desire to be with, but was kidnapped en route by the agents of a rival aristocrat (duke or prince of some sort). This man then brought her with him to America as a companion. She resented to loss of her honor but preferred this life of paradoxical freedom within her captivity to her previous circumstance. She fell ill with a "malarial fever" (either malaria or yellow fever) in New Orleans and nearly died. This is when Zithra Vesta (a companion of her captor) bonded with her soul essence and helped her to survive. We have been bonded ever since. Colette had an olive complexion but dark blond hair that bleached in the sun. Her eyes were light brown.

Clemence: Female: Criminal: America: 1890s-1930s
I have two separate memories of Clemence at different periods in her life. She was raised in poverty, without siblings, by a grandfather who fought in the Civil War and lost one or both of his legs. She resented her upbringing and her squalid surroundings, and her harsh grandfather. My other memories of her, not surprisingly, are of a criminal lifestyle. She carried a gun in her purse (looks like a pistol or revolver) and used her appearance as an attractive young woman to commit robbery and petty crimes. She had a very round, white face. She wore her hair in a dark bob later in life, but long brown hair in braids earlier on. As an adult she wore bright red lipstick and had a rather flashy (cheap) style of dressing.

Isabella: Female: Occultist, Artist and Poet: Culver City, Los Angeles: 1960s-70s
I see Isabella in the final years of her life. She lived in an apartment with her girlfriend (she was bisexual or lesbian) Marion, with whom she had a turbulent relationship. They used drugs heavily, especially LSD, and held seances in their living room on the mint-green shag rug. She loved her Ouija board, and loved drinking red wine on the balcony in her psychedelic silk bathrobe. She suffered from physical and sexual abuse as a child, and this prevents me from seeing her earlier life. She committed suicide, by taking barbiturates and red wine into the bath. She officially died of drowning, but she was unconscious due to the mix of medications. She she was tall and curvy with big, dark curly hair, almond shaped dark eyes and darker skin (brown sugar colored). She was also a Scorpio, I believe.

Gregory: Male: ?: Coloundra, Australia: 1980s
Most of my memories of Greg take place in highschool, before he died very young, in a boating accident. I believe alcohol was involved, in a childish recklessness. He was a very 80s guy, with a white jacket with shoulder pads and rolled up sleeves. He had brown hair and brown eyes and an olive complexion, a handsome face with high cheekbones like a woman. I believe he was a Capricorn. :)
Victoria Mnemosyne

note:
I have an extensive knowledge of gray-to-black magic as well. Due to the requests of the forum administrators I will not be posting those here. If you have a specific request you may message me. If you would like to read some of my darker spells and experiences, you can do so on www.mugwortandmayhem.net

Blessed be.
Victoria Mnemosyne

Book Blessing:

Beneath shroud of darkness
At the witching hour
It is then that we gather
To call the ancient power

We wise wand-bearers
Who stir the night
And whose whispered words