General Discussion about this forum goes here

Start your own thread named "[Name's] Book of Shadows" and add spells, rituals, correspondences, music, videos, etc. that you would like to keep for future use or share with others. Use as many posts as you'd like. It's not private, but at least your family won't see it. You can also get ideas from other people's Books of Shadows.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

General Discussion about this forum goes here

Post by Starwitch »

If you have questions or comments about this forum, please put them here in this thread (or a new thread if you feel you require one.) Otherwise, you'll probably end up posting your random thoughts in someone's Book of Shadows.

If you have a comment or question about a specific Book of Shadows, you can put that in the member's Book of Shadows unless they've requested that you not comment there.

If you would prefer that members not post in your BoS, mention that in your first post (you might want to use different colored text) and ask them to PM you instead if they have questions or comments.

If you need help editing your first post (because it's been over a month since you posted it), contact a moderator and they can edit the post for you.

Bright Blessings,
StarWitch
Wiccan Z

Post by Wiccan Z »

I can not wait for this to fill up!~
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Me too. Ravencry said she'd post hers here, so you can look forward to that.
Wiccan Z

Post by Wiccan Z »

i may try and get mine together.
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

This is a wonderful idea Starwitch. I will go through my personal BOS and put some useful info here for everyone. :)
missmelodygrace

Post by missmelodygrace »

wonderful idea ... I have a BoS but love this idea too

it is also a good way to share information and spells, which is the thing i miss most, not being part of a coven
Laugh your head off, dance in the rain.
Cherish all moments, ignore all the pain.
Live, Laugh, Love, forgive and forget,
Life is too short to live with regret.
gaiagirl97

Post by gaiagirl97 »

Thanks Starwitch this is an awesome idea, I will try to get mine together to post.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I started mine, though in no order D: I love this idea, it truly is a great way to share information, and it reduces a bit of the questions on the Q and A forum. Thank you Starwitch! I truly appreciate it!!!
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Wow, you really have a lot of great information Ravencry! Thanks for posting all of that. It really must have taken some time to do that. I'm sure the members will really appreciate it (as do I.)

I'm glad everyone likes the idea. If I get the Samhain newsletter sent out, I'm going to mention the Member's Books of Shadows forum so we may get some new members and hopefully some new BoS's too.

Bright Blessings,
StarWitch
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Thanks to the members who have started their own BoS (Xack, Fayneixx, Ravencry). I love reading through them and finding new ideas. I wonder if you all would mind if I share some of your spells and other info on my website? I'll ask you individually if I find something that I'd like to use (or you are welcome to respond here.)

I realize that some witches would say that a Book of Shadows is supposed to be private, but since most of us get our spells and info from the Internet and books we've read, there's little point in keeping it private (since it wasn't private to begin with). I like the idea of sharing the information we have so we can make it easier for people to join Wicca and find the information they need to practice magick.

I've heard several times now that Wicca is the fastest-growing religion in America. I read in one book that Wicca is the 5th largest religion in U.S. I think that's really cool. Imagine if everyone turned pagan. Then caring for the Earth would be human beings' number one priority and maybe we could avert the global warming disaster, reduce overpopulation, and avoid further destruction of the Earth. I know that Wiccans aren't known for proselytizing ("spreading the gospel", so-to-speak) but I don't think it's such a bad idea. It seems to me as if Paganism and New Age beliefs will be the only thing that saves humans from self-annihilation.

Right... sorry I got so heavy on you. I know most of you are here for the spells, not because you're concerned about the Earth, but love for the Great Mother will come in time if you stay with Wicca/Paganism. It didn't interest me at first either when I initially got involved with Wicca 10 years ago. In fact, it took me about 10 years to really fall in love with the Goddess and understand why She is so important to humans. Now that I'm finally there, I'll be sharing more material about the Goddess through my website. It's the aspect of Wicca that I feel is the most beautiful and most important. If you have Goddess poetry, spells, music, etc. to share, I'd love for you to tell me/us about it so I can share it with others.

Bright Blessings,
StarWitch
)O( Krystal Raven )O(

PLEASE DO READ!!!!!!!

Post by )O( Krystal Raven )O( »

If you're new.... I know you might be hesitant to read my personal work... and I can't speak for everyone in this topic.... but by all means... READ MY WORK, ASK ME QUESTIONS ABOUT IT, CHANGE IT AND MAKE IT YOUR OWN AND REPOST IT IN YOUR OWN WAY....... !!!!! Eternal love to you all! )O( The Krystal Raven )O(
)O( May the Cosmica known unto us by millions of names bless you with the ecstasy of Her Bliss. Namaste. )O(
Little Shadow

Re: General Discussion about this forum goes here

Post by Little Shadow »

I know many of you have friends that are a great distance away,my 1st night on this site I came across one who was trying to create a connection with a friend.After seeing the first verse along with the request for help and finding out the purpose I finished it and would make it available for all who would have this need.

My friend let us meet in our dreams
Riding the sky on moonbeams
Our spirits side by side
as we enjoy our ride
Investigating the wonders of the universe
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

That's really beautiful, Little Shadow. I apologize that I didn't see it until now. It's perfect for use in an astral projection spell meant to join two people on the astral plane.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

I am glad that this forum is here. I know my thread seems kinda weird now but its basically organized the same way my physical book is organized. Of course some sections in my book have been added to since I started my thread (ones that have already been posted) so when I get all that I have in there done now I will start with the newer updated information of sorts. I mean our books are always growing. So I hope my book can give some ideas as to how wide the world of magic is.
Floyd Pinkerton

Post by Floyd Pinkerton »

I read somewhere that your Book of Shadows is supposed to be sacred and remain a secret. Is that true or can you share it with other people if you wish to?

Return to “Member's Books of Shadows”