Too Much Chili

Share your recipes and food tips here.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Too Much Chili

Post by SpiritTalker »

Here's a laugh on me. I'd ordered an 8-pack of 100% natural, gluten free Hormel canned chili (not locally available) off amazon. Then i signed off. The next day I'd logged back on amazon & the chili was still showing on my cart-screen so - without checking the order summary - I hit [order] again. Both packs - that's 16 cans of chili - arrived yesterday. My bad. So, if you know of any recipes that use chili Let me know ... Baked over biscuits? On pizza dough? Over noodles? Over potato wedges? I need ideas. Just what an "old fart" needs, beans & more beans. :roll:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Too Much Chili

Post by SnowCat »

I like chili over baked potatoes, or over Fritos. Lots of shredded cheese on both options.
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Oh ya, yum...Frito pie.
Bottom layer -Fritos
Middle layer -chili
Top layer -shredded cheese
Sour cream would be good too, ahhh those yummy wintertime comfort foods :fairy:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Oo, that pie does sound good, or with Nachos. And chili-baked-potato has been a winter staple since dorm living. I'm even thinking of chili-beef-Ramen...chili-scrambled eggs...chili-stuffed-green pepper or tomato...the ever popular chili-dog with extra pickles. Oh gosh, now I'm hungry. :shock:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Looks like you have winter taken care of! :fairy:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Today I made tacos with the chili as the filling. Hot dang, it turned out good. Surprise.
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

I love to add a pinch to salad dressing. Roasted potatoes with added chili is great,too. Or fried eggs. Or...endless possibilities.

And there's the chili ritual I accidentally created a few years back.

Clean kitchen and put everything you don't want to taste like chili away. Hadn't done that when the accident happened and trust me, cheese cake with chili is weird.

Lock pets, children and SOs and anyone else out of the kitchen. Keep windows closed. You don't want wind blowing the stuff in your face.

Take a spoon (size depending on your kitchen) of chili, rotate with it (slowly) in your kitchen with closed eyes (important, this stuff burns badly), concentrate on the negative influences in your kitchen (and your inner kitchen as in your creativity) and how you want to burn them away and then blow on it (without taking too deep a breath!) when you feel is right, or rotate fast enough for it to drop on its own. Check where the chili fell,and what the pattern,if any, inspires in you. Imagine the chili taking care of what needs to be burned away with a force which, as it is edible, is also nurturing.

Clean the chili up when you feel done, with hot water if possible.

Make tea or coffee, and add a pinch of chili to clean you from the inside,too. I love the taste.

When this was created,so to say, I lost balance in the kitchen, while trying to put away the chili and generously decorated my kitchen with half a pack. Some landed in my coffee. I also had it in my eyes and throat etc. But hey, it helped me clear my thoughts.

And finally, you can add a spoon of chili to your bath water to help skin conditions and circulation.
Hazel Moon

Post by Hazel Moon »

This is just a little something I like to make for dinner sometimes.

First, you cook five or six taquitos. Just plain beef or chicken works best, without any cheese inside. When they're done, put them on a plate and cut them in half.

Cook some chili and spoon it onto the middle of the plate, between the taquitos you cut in half. Top that off with some white rice, slices of raw onion, chili powder, pepper and green olives, and you've got yourself a meal! :D
We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
Love knows no limits, not even death.

Return to “Food and Recipes”