Feel a cold coming on...

Share your recipes and food tips here.
moonlass

Feel a cold coming on...

Post by moonlass »

My roommates call this recipe "witch tea" because it instantly cures colds. Little do they know I put a small blessing on each cup.

Tonight I felt a cold coming on so I made some more. I've found that the start of any school year brings a whole new mixture of germs and I always get sick. For others who also feel the "freshman cold" coming on try this tea:

-one bag of green tea (or any other teas-here I used tazo passion tea)
-a spoonful of local unfiltered honey
-juice from half a lime
-a sprinkle of cinnamon
-hot water
-short prayer to the goddess for good health and thanking her for her blessings

It tastes sort of disgusting but it will cure everything. Well maybe not everything but it will keep away a cold pretty well. Image
Tylluan

Re: Feel a cold coming on...

Post by Tylluan »

Sounds like a brilliant brew. If you are able to add a pinch of ginger, or Turmeric that will boost your immune system too. But its great as it is too.

I looks really yummy, but I can imagine its like hot, sweet, bitter, sharp, soaked hay haha. But that's just me. I'm not a fan of green tea. I know its good for you but blergh......
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Feel a cold coming on...

Post by Firebird »

mmmm
Honey lime and cinnamon, that sounds yummy...it may have been the tea flavor that made it ucky. The ginger is good too. I'm not sure you need the tea, that may be just some more flavor and you are going for the cold fighting properties which are in the cinnamon, lime (lemon works too) and ginger. Tumeric is a great anti too, but in my opinion that one takes some getting used to.
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Food and Recipes”