YanaKhan's cook - book :)

Share your recipes and food tips here.
YanaKhan

Re: Elcida's cook - book :)

Post by YanaKhan »

Oh, I think you are going to love it here. Especially if you haven't visited for a long time. Have fun :)
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Hey, everyone again. This time I will post a recipe for homemade watermelon ice-cream drinks :)
You need:
Watermelon with no seeds - about 5 cups.
Drink of choice (tequila, vodka).
Lime or lemon
Some drink you like. It goes perfectly with any anise based drink. About 150 - 200 ml
Sugar
Sticks (you can use straws if you don't have the ice - cream type sticks).
Plastic coffee cups.

Making:
Blend the watermelon along with the drink. Cut the lime/lemon in circles and stick a straw to each piece.
Pour the watermelon mixture in the cups and put the lime/lemon slices on top. Sprinkle some sugar on each cup.
Watermelon-Cups.jpg
Put in the freezer for about two hours.
And This is what you should get at the end:
Watermelon-Footer(1).jpg

Just watch it with these, they are delicious and you may get drunk before you even notice it. :D
Attachments
Watermelon-Lime.jpg
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

All of these look delicious, I'm going to save this page for sure! Haha.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Sakura Blossom wrote:All of these look delicious, I'm going to save this page for sure! Haha.
Make sure you tell me how they turned out, please :)
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I definitely will! (:
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
YanaKhan

Re: YanaKhan's cook - book :)

Post by YanaKhan »

Hey, everyone again.
Time to share my favorite wine appetizer. Incredibly easy to make and really delicious. Now, we all know wine goes with cheese. But to make nice appetizer, that looks good and is original and delicious, buy some white (or if you can't find any, feta cheese will do fine). Pour some olive oil on top and sprinkle some red pepper. That's it. Consume with red or white wine.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I see I abandoned this thread lately, so here's my latest obsession. I found this recipe in a friend's blog and made it and LOVE it. It's the perfect snack and a lot lot healthier to eat than crisps and such. Here we go - crunchy cauliflowers in the oven.
You need:
500 ml milk
400 gr cauliflower
bread crumbs
50 gr butter
1 tablespoon salt

Wash the cauliflower and tear it in small roses. Put the milk in a pot with the salt and when it starts boiling, put the cauliflower roses in. Boil for about 5 minutes and take the cauliflower out. Roll in bread crumbs and put in a baking dish. Melt the butter and pour over the cauliflowers just before you put them in the oven. Bake until golden (I usually bake at 200 degrees for about 20 minutes). The result looks like this:
kar5.JPG
and is fantastic!
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

So, hey, everyone. Time for another one of my favorite quickies ;)
Ogretten. I don't really know the origin of the meal, but I believe it to be German.
So, you need:

500 gr potatoes
2 eggs
200 gr white, feta or mature cheddar cheese
200 ml of milk
salt.
30 gr of butter

Boil the potatoes and peel them. I actually peel the potatoes before I boil them, because otherwise I have to wait to peel them :) Mash them and put them on a baking dish. Mix the eggs, milk and the crumbled (or grated cheese) and the salt and pour it over the mashed potatoes. Mix well and put small pieces of butter on top. Bake for about 20 minutes on 200 degrees in the oven.
It should look like this:
ogreten.jpg
and is something that is amazingly easy to make and at the same time, very very good.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Yeah, I see I haven't posted anything here recently.
Today I got bored and decided to try and make something sweet for my hubby and kid :)
Here we go:
Baskets with chocolate cream and chocolate glaze.
You need:
For the baskets:
2 eggs
120 ml sunflower oil
70 gr sugar
flour as much as it takes
Flavoring (optional) - I like almond essence, but it's not really necessary to put any.

For the cream:
1 chocolate
300 ml milk
3 table spoons flour
70 gr sugar
For the glaze:
1 chocolate
100 ml sweet cooking cream

A muffin form.

Making:
Start with the baskets. Mix the ingredients in a bowl and knead until you get a dough hard enough to make balls from without it sticking to your hands. Then take a small ball, flatten it and put it in the muffin form. At this point you should have something like this:
basket.jpg
I actually use silicone molds - this way the baskets are easier to take out.
Bake in the oven at about 120 degrees until ready and take out while still hot. Make all the baskets before you start making the cream.

Prepare the cream by mixing all the ingredients but the chocolate and put on the hot plate. When the mixture starts boiling, put the chocolate in to melt. Stir all the time until it gets quite thick. Then while still hot, fill the baskets with it.
Now, at this point your baskets should look something like this:
filled.jpg
filled.jpg (23.61 KiB) Viewed 2950 times

They are delicious even without the glaze, so if you don't want to add any more sweetness to your baskets, you can add some cocoa grates, some nuts or really any finishing touch you like.
If you, like me, like the look of a chocolate glaze, mix the other chocolate and the sweet cream and heat, until melted. Then with a spoon, just pour over the baskets.
So this is what my baskets look like - not the best, because my cream came a little thicker than it should be (I put too much flour, I guess), but hey, not too bad for a first attempt ;)
IMG_20150212_162952.jpg

Well, this is it. They take about 1 and a half hour from scratch and it's a good idea to put them in the fridge for about an hour before serving. I hope you enjoy them :)
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Sweet? Did someone mention sweet? I love sweets!

And chocolates too!

Rats! Now, I'm hungry!

Seraphin,
The Sweet Tooth
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Sometimes I wish I could make a party and gather all of you, guys :) I will do the cooking :mrgreen:
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

YanaKhan wrote:Sometimes I wish I could make a party and gather all of you, guys :) I will do the cooking :mrgreen:
Oh my goodness, that would be SO much fun! Too bad we're pretty scattered geographically : (
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Yeah, I bet it would be great fun :) And yes, we are pretty scattered. But then again, you can always come for a vacation here ;) You'll get a free guide and translator too :mrgreen:
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

*Big smile* That would be awesome! :D I would love to taste some of your famous dishes!
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Oh, I forgot I made this thread :)
So, I'll post my new favorite recipe - potato cream soup with croutons

You will need:
For the soup:
1 kg of peeled potatoes
1 onion
1 - 2 carrots
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
150 ml milk.
salt, water
For the croutons:
3 slices of bread
1 tablespoon of olive oil (you can substitute it with sunflower oil)
salt, any spices you like.

Making:
Cut the potatoes, carrots and onion in small pieces and put all the ingredients of the soup in a large bowl to boil. When ready, blend them in a blender and your soup is ready.
Making of the croutons: Cut the slices of bread in tiny pieces and put in a baking dish. Pour the olive oil and spices and mix with the croutons so all of them are covered. Bake in the oven at 170 degrees until ready - they need to be crunchy, but not too dark in color.
Put some croutons in your soup, wait about 2 minutes and serve with a piece of dill or parsley. You can also put regular cooking cream in if you like it. The result looks like this:
DSC_0147_1.jpg
and is really delicious. My daughter is crazy about it :)

Return to “Food and Recipes”