YanaKhan's cook - book :)

Share your recipes and food tips here.
Sakura Blossom

Re: YanaKhan's cook - book :)

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Ooh, Yana, that potato soup is similar to one my mom makes that I love! It's baked potato soup so it has heavy cream, blended potatoes, bacon and sour cream. x3
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Yeah, I love that soup too, I make it quite often - it's so easy to make and delicious too. We used to have it for lunch in school at least twice a week. And yes, it makes sense to add bacon to it :) I am vegetarian, but if you eat meat, I bet it's really good :)
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Oh, it's really nummy. ^_^ And it's nummy without it too. Hehehe. I really want some more of it now.... XD
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

OK, I'm going to put here 2 of my very favorite recipes of all time, which I don't really know why I haven't put by now.
First one is called "Yaica po Panagyurski" (yeah, I know, hard to pronounce) which basically means "Eggs, made like they make them in Panagyurishte" :)
You need for a portion:
2 eggs
250 gr yogurt
water
2 - 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
1 teaspoon red pepper
Garlic (optional)

Making: Boil the water in a frying pan and when it starts to boil turn down the heat and break the eggs in. Get a spoon and start pouring water over the eggs until you get a thin white veil over the yolk. Put the yogurt in a plate (if you choose to, you can put the grated garlic in, it gives a spicy taste, but I personally don't really like garlic in general) and put the ready eggs in it. Then heat the oil and put the red pepper in. Be careful - once the oil is hot, the pepper should not be exposed to the heat for too long or it will burn. It only needs few seconds until light brown. Pour the pepper oil over the eggs and yogurt and that's it. I know it sounds strange, but it's actually very good. (I told you we eat everything with yogurt here :) )

The second recipe is from the Romanian national kitchen and is very very good and easy too.
It's called "Mamaliga" which as far as my knowledge of Romanian goes, means "Corn".
You need:
Corn flour - 200 gr.
Milk - 800 ml.
Water - 200 ml.
White cheese - 250 gr.
Salt - one teaspoon
Oil - 150 ml
red pepper - 1/2 tablespoon

Making: Put the corn flour, water, milk, salt and 150 gr of the white cheese in a bowl and boil while stirring all the time. If it gets lumpy, blend in a blender and put it back on the heat. When you start getting bubbles and the mamaliga thickens, take off the heat and put in plates. Crumble the left cheese and put some in each plate. Fry the pepper in the oil like in the previous recipe and pour over the mamaliga.

I hope you enjoy these, they are good and a way to impress your loved ones with something exotic :)
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

So, I rarely get sweet cravings and when I want to eat something sweet, it's usually dark chocolate. Lately, I try to make everything at home instead of buying things, so I thought I could make dark chocolate home. Obviously, it's not going to be like the chocolate you buy, but it actually tastes better.

You need:
7 - 10 raw cacao nuts, grind
1-2 tablespoons honey
1-2 tablespoons coconut butter, melted
vanilla extract
nuts (optional)

Simply mix the ingredients in a small cup and put in molds to make bonbons or you can make blocks out of it. Freeze the chocolate and then keep in the fridge (although it's so good, you won't really need to keep it for too long :) )
Becks

Post by Becks »

What a great thread Yana! Yum!! Always a pleasure to see a witches's kitchen creations!
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Thank you, dear.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I know it's been forever since I posted here. I'm sorry.
And I'm on a Halloween party wave lately, so here's a fantastic link I found:
http://www.onehundreddollarsamonth.com/ ... -for-kids/
I will be making these, serving them on a white cloth, stained with red paint :) I will also make some creepy bread fingers with cheese spread and almonds and will try and make some skull cookies (I'll try and draw the skulls on the cookies with white chocolate and will post pictures).
I absolutely adore Halloween, it's fun and kids love it, one can get very creative and I'm not the one to pass this opportunity. So if anyone has any bright ideas, I would love it of you share them with me (I'll make sure to tell all the kids I got the ideas from my friends from all over the world).
Lighter

Post by Lighter »

As a picky eater, I know what you mean.

Thanks for sharing the pictures and recipes.

It is a blessing that I have a body that is able to quickly burn calories and don't get fat. :lol:

I will try to cook the very first recipe. Feta cheese is something exciting to taste.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Hey, everyone.
I almost forgot about this thread and haven't posted in a while. Well, time for desert :D
Here it is - Caramel cream

You need:
1 litre of milk
250 gr sugar
1 vanilla
6 eggs
For the caramel:
100 gr sugar (I put more, I like more caramel with my cream)
1 tablespoon water.

Making:
Mix the eggs with the 250 gr sugar and the milk and heat. Don't boil, just heat it.
In a pan put the rest of the sugar with the water and mix until you get caramel. It mustn't burn, but get golden.
Put the caramel in cups that are heat proof and pour the egg - milk mixture on top. Put the cups in a big flat baking dish and put water in it, just enough to cover the bottom and bake in the oven on 180 degrees C for about an hour. It will get nice golden color on top. Serve cold, turned upside down in a dish and enjoy.
download.jpg
download.jpg (5.6 KiB) Viewed 2504 times
This is what it should look like.

Return to “Food and Recipes”