Writing a book, Someday

If you have pagan-related items you'd like to sell or trade, you can post them here. Books are in their own category.
SapphireRoad

Writing a book, Someday

Post by SapphireRoad »

It is an option, and quite sane, to write a book.

Unfortunately I am not a native English speaker and the errors in written form can't be entirely avoided and that would make a book unprofessional.

I live in a country with 5.5 million habitants so writing occult would probably be a waste of resources. We have an accomplished writer here, he wrote first book about magic, then realised that couldn't make him rich and started to write about mafia. The kind of profane vulgar things I couldn't even finish reading the first page.
That's the way life goes.

Still, the English market is quite wide. There is a book publisher in eastern Germany that is supposed to store your book in pdf for some 20 euro/year and print it only when somebody orders a copy. (only sold through ama*** which is monopolist).

I wonder about provisions though, they might be interestingly high in such style. Here if you get yourself a publisher you get maximum provision of 2 euro for one sold copy.

I've been thinking about publishing at my own expenses, printing 200 books for 570 euro and selling each for 15-20 euro but then again our market is rather tiny. Also I'd like to overstep the shadow of my nation's mentality.

Do you have any suggestions, or assistance?
Anyone willing to do a grammar+stylistic corrections for a reasonable price taking an oath to not share the content anywhere else? Just asking, it is not a thing to emerge in few days.

Thank you,
Blessed be.
יהשוה ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ
"toll the Silver iterance" Elizabeth B. Browning
"Perfect till the nightingales applauded." Robert Browning
אהיה אשר אהיה

SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

So it seems the age dawns on e-books and online courses.

I still don't feel like writing a whole book, too much structure and time consumption as the process evolves, you'd most likely rewrite many chapters and scarcely finish the thing. Hence the co-production to make it swifter is still an appealing idea.

What I decided to offer is the e-course of astrology since I put a rare use of both thorough study of astrology and magic with present world's people usually focusing on one or the other so I consider my research quite enriching to both fields.

The e-course I offer is available on this site of mine https://www.sapphireroad.net/Astrology-e_course.htm containing the information I could be putting here but this way it is more neat.

:flyingwitch:
יהשוה ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ
אהיה אשר אהיה

firebirdflys
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Re: Writing a book

Post by firebirdflys »

SapphireRoad, your link is back on.
I apologize for acting hastily.
keep it clean!
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson

SapphireRoad

Re: Writing a book, Someday

Post by SapphireRoad »

firebirdflys wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:11 pm
SapphireRoad, your link is back on.
I apologize for acting hastily.
keep it clean!
We may rejoice now since I put all sales away now from my website.
I have my reasons.
Ok that settled I can just inform of existence of the site which is https://www.sapphireroad.net/

re Book: I apologize that I've been trying to drag you all into writing a book together.
I know that it would be an uncomfortable thing for most of people.

Once I saw Internet book of shadows collection of freelance witches like here. I thought it was cute idea. Digital form of 1000 pages was bad though because such a big text file was lagging constantly lol. That was the origin of my idea of co-production in written form. Just saying.

I think this topic is a bit of a mess? Perhaps it would need cutting short or just plain delete?

[EDITED by FF: no fuss no muss!]
Last edited by firebirdflys on Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: trimmed at OP's request
יהשוה ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ
אהיה אשר אהיה

SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Out alas, I wrote 44 sonnets dedicated to my love.
I put 33 on my website and sought publisher for the whole set of 44.
So far I found none since it might be viewed as too short and would require wider collection
also, poetry is not for making money... it is rather a philosophers' attempt to justify their existence.

I tried to pass to UK but virus stuff made it impossible to pass from France to UK, now I'm elsewhere.
I might want to enter UK at spring time if covid ends (I think when Chinese year of metal rat will end it will have been gone)
and do poetry readings at various places, such as Edinburgh Fringe festival in summer, etc.
יהשוה ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ
אהיה אשר אהיה

SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

SapphireRoad wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:11 pm
I wrote 44 sonnets dedicated to my love.
Actually I wrote 55 and give them away for free since I don't have any access to my bank account.

https://archive.org/details/sonnets-to- ... t-browning
יהשוה ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ
אהיה אשר אהיה

SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

all I've got until it gets deleted is https://archive.org/details/@sapphireroad
all for free ... don't trust me but implement cold logic & observe voice tonality and body language of suspicious people
יהשוה ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ
אהיה אשר אהיה

SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

My profitless initiative seems to remain profitless
rule says

'12. Promotion of other websites or services (spellcasting, psychic readings, mentorship, trainings, etc.) is not allowed in the forums, the chat room, through PMs, nor through emails sent from this site. An exception is made for long-time contributors/moderators. They can place their link in their signature. All other advertisers must add their business link to their profiles, and/or promote their sites in the Websites forum. Soliciting sales or recruiting members is not allowed here.'

therefore I will announce I have a site on my profile (here) against cointelpro
they want to whitewash such things
they say https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitewashing_(censorship)
so please, report to me if you can't open such site.
יהשוה ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ
אהיה אשר אהיה

Return to “For Sale or Trade”