Ways to play with my son

Discussion of raising your family in the pagan tradition.
Enlighten Meow

Ways to play with my son

Post by Enlighten Meow »

I would very much appreciate any suggestions at all on how to play with my son or any toys at all that i could make for him to play with he is about 3 months almost 4 months old
corvidus

Re: Ways to play with my son

Post by corvidus »

Awesome! My niece is about that age :)

From what I’ve seen, she likes toys she can chew on. It’s around the time her teeth are developing beneath the gums.

Also, my parents (her grandparents) basically take household items and see which ones she likes to chew on and play with. Obviously not dangerous ones. She prefers shiny things, things which sound nice, and things which she can laugh at.
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

Kids are really simple. They will find interest in everything really! Babies toddlers kids and teenagers all the same.
They want to explore and learn by themselves.

At that age - jusr like corvidus says - they love thibgs they can hold with their little hands and fit into their mouth ;)
A knoted hanky, a plush toy, the tag in babies Jacket a wooden rattle.
BB

Blue Moon
Crazy Cat Lady

Post by Crazy Cat Lady »

At that age the best toy is *you* lol. Talk, sing, make funny faces. A neat trick my dad taught me when my oldest was that age is to sit with the baby facing you, make eye contact and say "o" nice and drawn out. It might take a few tries, but the baby will start trying to mimic you.

Soon baby will do it back! It's really neat to watch the learning process and really brings home that babies are much smarter than we realize! The "o" sound is supposed to be easiest to start with because it's really easy for them to see how you are doing it. You can move on to other sounds as they make progress. It's a great trick to startle people with too!
LC

Post by LC »

I agree with the chewing stuff. I like those things that have water in them? At that age, it shouldn’t bust. I may be wrong but there are those things that they can bat and squeeze above them. If I remember correctly babies love looking at themselves
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

:) Here's some more suggestions: https://pathways.org/growth-development/baby/games/

Return to “Pagan Family & Parenting”