Connecting with my baby ( pregnancy )

Discussion of raising your family in the pagan tradition.
WitchyWhitney

Connecting with my baby ( pregnancy )

Post by WitchyWhitney »

I am 8 weeks pregnant! I will be 30 in November, so I do believe the timing is perfect for me. I really want to connect with my baby. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? I feel like it is such a pure and spiritual journey. I have a few questions.
* Morning sickness spells? Tricks? Teas? Eats? Herbs? LOL ANYTHING?!
* Protection spells and good healthy pregnancy spells?
* Maybe even communicating with my baby?
I feel like the possibilities are endless but also that I may be thinking far too outside the box. I would love for my baby to pick his/her own name as well.
Also, one more thing. I would like an at home water birth. Perhaps with a wiccan midwife. How on earth do I find one of those?
Thank you in advance! smiley_dance smileylove
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Connecting with my baby ( pregnancy )

Post by SnowCat »

I talked to my daughter a lot when I was pregnant. Other than that, I don't really have suggestions. That was almost forty years ago, and childbirth has become a lot more family directed since then.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I was going to suggest a Blessingway for when you get close and a midwife might help you with that if they are pagan. Check out your local midwives association, they should be able to help you find a midwife.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
WitchyWhitney

Post by WitchyWhitney »

Thank you both so much!
Lost*at*Sea

Post by Lost*at*Sea »

Congrats! I'm also 8 weeks pregnant with my second. With my first, I just talked to him a lot. Once you begin to feel he or she move inside you, you will feel more connected. He or she will respond to your voice, and your natural instincts and psychic will become amazingly strong. And the dreams! Are you having acid trip like dreams? I have been connecting with my unborn child this way too. By the time my first was due, I knew that we had lived at least one past life together, and hadn't seen each other in quite awhile. When he was born, the first thing he did was lift his head and look right in my eyes like, "Oh there you are!"
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Hello,Red_Siren.
Please go to the top section of the forum and introduce yourself. Thank you!
WitchyWhitney

Post by WitchyWhitney »

Lost*at*Sea wrote:Congrats! I'm also 8 weeks pregnant with my second. With my first, I just talked to him a lot. Once you begin to feel he or she move inside you, you will feel more connected. He or she will respond to your voice, and your natural instincts and psychic will become amazingly strong. And the dreams! Are you having acid trip like dreams? I have been connecting with my unborn child this way too. By the time my first was due, I knew that we had lived at least one past life together, and hadn't seen each other in quite awhile. When he was born, the first thing he did was lift his head and look right in my eyes like, "Oh there you are!"
Oh wow! that is really neat! So we are both around 11 weeks now! My dreams are just so intense. Also, I have been waking up with the feeling of a presence in my room. So odd paying attention to all the changes. How are you feeling?

Return to “Pagan Family & Parenting”