help for my son?

Discussion of raising your family in the pagan tradition.
aphroditemoon

help for my son?

Post by aphroditemoon »

I have a 10 month old son and he wakes up shreiking in terror, I didn't think this was possible since he's so little but I'm worried something negative could be around or something could be trying to harm him. I'm really worried about him. I've tried saging his room and a few blessings but I don't know what to do and Im really stressed. Any idea at what this could be or how to protect him? I need any help I can get :(
You do not need to use the bible to justify love, however no greater tool has been created to justify hate.
Symandinome
Banned Member

Re: help for my son?

Post by Symandinome »

It is possible he could just be having nightmares and it is also possible that it is something else.

When we start living a magickal life we open ourselves up psychically and allow for energies to be noticed. Alongside the energies that we do notice there are oftentime energies that we do not sense. Outside entities be they faery or other take notice to a witch and her acknowledgement of energy and her use of magick through ritual or spell. They become interested in us and they start to come around and observe us.

It is possible that your son is picking up on these energies when he is sleeping. Children are often very psychic because their minds havent been tainted by the constraints of linear thinking. The energies he is feeling dont necessarily have to be bad but the fact that they are scaring him could simply be because they are energies that are not standard in the home that he knows and is comfortable with. A shift in these energies or the addition or removal of certain energies can cause a child to take notice and become upset.

This can be also true with adults...for example.... have you ever been in a good mood but get around a group of people in a pissed off mood and find your self starting to get pissed off too for no reason or vice a versa? This is explanatory of the effect of the energy of emotions.

To further explain the effect of energies of entities on us here is an example....Many people when they are children or adults have basements in their house. Oftentimes we have an inexplainable fear or uneasy feeling about going in the basement. This is sometimes felt in certain other places as well.

A common reason for this feeling is because we pick up on an energy vibration from the area that is not one that we are used to but it is strongly felt. Many times this uneasiness of the basement comes from a group of faeries called "Dark Elves" The name sounds ominous but really they are a benevolent group. They are called dark elves because they like to inhabit dark places like basements and caves. Their energy is a strong energy and it can give us this uneasy feeling not because it is bad but because it is strong and not an energy we are accustomed to.

Faeries and other entities are drawn to us because we use magick or are affiliated with the old ways; the energy we radiate is different than those of say a regular christian. It is an energy they are attracted to.

All this in mind though it is not out of the realm of possibility that it could be something negative too. Please keep in mind though that even though your child is shrieking in terror it could be just because he is very small still and doesnt yet know how to adequately cope with emotions and frustrations yet. When a child is hungry they cry, when a child misses their mother they cry, when a child dirites their diaper they cry. This is just an easy outlet for children to use to express their feelings and get noticed.

I would like to note about faeries: they they love children. The children are the purest a human can be. A child radiates their own special energy and in many ways is closer to "god" than any adult. There have been horrific tales of children being captured by faeries and being replaced with a "changeling". I cant confirm or deny this but i tend to think this was just propoganda used by the church to help convert people away from the old ways in the Brittish Isles where a belief and interaction with faery was commonplace.

Faeries can be mischievious and do things to us that we find an annoyance or down right mean because they think its funny. It is possible that faeries could be watching the boy sleep and are pinching him to try to get him to wake up to play with them.

I told you all these things in an attempt to try to make you more calm and to evaluate the situation for alternative causes. I know that as a mother your first and only priority is the protection of your child and it is this instinct to protect at all costs that could possibly make you blinded to what other scenarios could be at hand.

WIth all this said I have a few suggestions as to what you can do to try and prevent this:

You said that you have tried using sage and this is good. I am going to ask you to try it one more time but to try it in the manner i describe below.

I want you to bring yourself into a state of calm and relaxation and focus soley on the work at hand and nothing else. Say a prayer over the sage to banish any and all energies from these spaces and to make all energy within neutral.

Light your sage and go through the house as normal paying close attention to corners, insides of closets, windows and door frames. In each room I want you to use a strong authoritative voice and say something along the lines of:

" IN THE NAME OF THE GOD AND GODDESS and by Moon and Sun
I COMMAND ALL SPIRITS AND ENERGIES BENIGN AND MALEVOLENT to DEPART from this place AT ONCE.
your presence is not requested here and YOU ARE COMMANDED TO LEAVE."

be sure to be strong in voice and conviction when you give this order. Do not worry about offending the "good spirits" as they will understand what is going on as you continue with the ritual.

You have no made the entire space neutral of any energies good or bad so now you must fill them back up with the energy that you are personally inviting into the home. proceed with the ritual by doing the following:

Visualize a ball of white or pink light coming from your gut and growing and exanding. Know that this light is an energy and that it is reflective of your love and desire for only good to be present.

See the ball of light growing larger and larger filling all the spaces of the interior of the house and eventually encompassing the entire building and property. While you are visualizing this it may help to sing a chant to help focus your energy. I have included one below:

"Loooovee is a riiivverr,
flowing from my heart,
flowing from my heart,
Juuuust like the waves of the sea,
crashing over yoooouuuu aaaannnd,
crashing over me.

Once all this is completed I want you to go to each door way and window and trace the sign of the pentagram then say the below and when you have finished with your words punch through the center of the pentragram with your finger or fist.

"Hail and welcome to you O' benevolent spirits of light and love
I bid you entrance into my home for harmony and protection from evil
By tree and flame, wave and wind, let naught but love enter in"

Once you have finished doing this throughout the house then say "So Mote It Be." in an authoritative voice and you are done.

That should fix the problem completely if it is something that is negative. If the terrors continue to happen be comforted in knowing that it is not evil causing them but something else and there is another thing you can do in this instance to prevent the terrors from continuing should they be being caused by your child sensing the energies or being disturbed by playful faeries.

You can take a collection of quartz crystals or a combination of quartz crystals and amethyst and charge the stones with the intent of being a boundary line that cannot be crossed and to prevent nightmares. Once the charging is complete afix the stones in a circle around the childs bed or entire bedroom if you like. This make take some planning to figure out how you can place them without the child getting into them though.

Another alternative to create a boundary is to cast a circle that encompasses the entire bedroom or just the bed which permits only the entrance of you, the child, and any other person that you see fit thus barring passage from any faeries that would try to pinch your son to wake him up to play.

I am confident that if you perform these rituals in the manner described herein you will be successful and you will no longer be troubled by these things be they good or bad.

Good Luck
FireQueen

Post by FireQueen »

A mundane point of view: Have you taken him to the doctor to rule out the possibility of an undiagnosed medical condition?

Brightest blessings.
No one in the world can alter truth. All we can do is seek it and live it.
aphroditemoon

Post by aphroditemoon »

Thank you so much! I was thinking he was seeing something that I couldn't or picking up on something he doesn't understand but since he seemed to be so scared I automatically assumed negative. I'm going to sage the house the way you have said but you have given me great piece of mind. Thanks so much for the help.
You do not need to use the bible to justify love, however no greater tool has been created to justify hate.
flowersofthelady

Post by flowersofthelady »

I would just like to add (as a mother of 3) my two oldest have both gone through a phase like this. with my son it turned out to be happening when he went to bed too tired. we brought his bedtime forward by half an hour and it stopped. does he do this once a night at the same time or any time he goes to sleep? how long has it been going on for?
my daughter went through it to and stopped on her own. its very disturbing to watch but neither of them ever remebered anything about it the next day and i think that it was kind of like sleep walking and their subconcious was causing it.

our house at the time was lovely, very balanced energys and no spirits i ever noticed.
I would definitly smudge as Symandinome suggests as it will give you peice of mind that your doing everything in your power to help. but if it continues perhaps try changing his bedtime and making sure he is fully relaxed when he goes to bed.
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

glad that i could help and like the others suggested there also could be a mundane reason and not necessarily a magickal one. stay open to all possiblities

Return to “Pagan Family & Parenting”