In need of help for my daughter.

Discussion of raising your family in the pagan tradition.
branwenwillow

Re: In need of help for my daughter.

Post by branwenwillow »

I am the happy mom of four ranging in ages from 2 to 16 and i have to say that everyone of them have been afraid of thunder and lightening. It's made for a lot of sleepless nights. Since i wad raised catholic i used to tell them that it was angels bowling and everytime they got a strike it would lightening. It seemed to work and then we'd spin a tale about who wad one who's team and who was winning. Ir got to the point that they would watch out the window at the "game." The funny thing is my 16 year old will mutter "striiike! When he hears thunder. I knowbyou are not christian but you could adapt it your demi gods or faeries...etc. good luck and hang in there, it will pass. Next thing you know it will be pimples and broken hearts!
branwenwillow

Post by branwenwillow »

Sorry for the spelling mistakes. I was forced to up grade my cell because my wonderful kids decided i needed to be more technical. Don't know if i can get used to surfing the web and typing on a 4 inch screen!
FireQueen

Post by FireQueen »

There is also a stress release technique my kinesiologist taught me that is both simple and effective that you can use to help your child:

Place one hand horizontally across your child's forehead, gently cupping your hand; Cup the other hand across the back of your child's head, horizontally and in vertical alignment with the hand cupping the forehead. Do this for at least five minutes or until your child is feeling calmer.

This technique actively and gently releases both past and present stress/es/ors through the energy points located at the front and back of the head.

You can you use the technique on yourself but works best when one uses the technique on another, especially when performed daily. :D

Brightest blessings.

*Edited* Oh and to help fretful babies, simply cradle / cuddle bubs and create a circuit by grounding both feet on the floor with your knees slightly higher than your hips, and then call on your chosen deity/deities to channel the baby's stress into the earth through your body and out of your feet. Keep the feet planted until baby is settled. :D
No one in the world can alter truth. All we can do is seek it and live it.

Return to “Pagan Family & Parenting”