baby magic

Discussion of raising your family in the pagan tradition.
_Kaimira_

baby magic

Post by _Kaimira_ »

hi all.

i wanted to let everyone i am 6 weeks pregnant, it's been a shock when the doctor told me. i wanted to ask is there anything be done to protect the baby?
Traumwandlerin

Re: baby magic

Post by Traumwandlerin »

Congratulations :)

The best you can do for you baby is welcoming it. Since you didn't plan to become pregnant, in both of you kinf of lies the shock. So just really prepre yourself to become a mom, being pregnant.Do all the stuff those happy moms are doing. Looking fpr baby clothes, probably even craft your own ones. Decide on a first plushie, maybe even sew one your own. Read up books about pregnany and what you can do good to your baby, like nutrition, which kind of sports are allowed. Maybe even read up about the first year of a baby. Will you breatsfeed? Will it sleep in your bed? Will it learn baby signs?

And throw a baby shower :D
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Try doing psychic sheilding around the baby, (around your tummy) in a bright white.
WhiteOne

Post by WhiteOne »

In my opinion, these are some of the measures you can take to guard your baby if you have made the decision to follow through with the pregnancy.
1. Purchase and begin taking pre-natal vitamins. Folic acid is especially important in the early stages of development. It is also found naturally in beans, and most "enriched" breakfast cereals have added folic.
2. If you are using any drugs, including alcohol and cigarettes, stop. If you are addicted to serious drugs/and or alcohol, then quit those substances before you quit smoking. Then quit smoking. (I don't know much about your situation, which is why I am including this.)
3. Sign up for a parenting class or a parenting program in your area.
4. Go to the library and get some books about motherhood and pregnancy and read them in the bath. Soon you may be advised to stop taking full baths, but you can still take "sitz" baths with calandula (marigold).
5. Relax! Stress is bad for pregnancy. After you get the basics down 1-3, then do the "fun" things that mother's do when preparing for a baby.
6. You may want to make a list of the different stress-reducing activities, that you can do after you have the baby. Motherhood is often stressful and you will need to find a way to make time for your self while taking care of a baby, especially if you are a single mother. You will be the baby's primary emotional and physical support, but you will need to give your self emotional support in order to provide it to your child. One example is to purchase a baby carriage and take the baby for a walk in it when you feel the need to re-charge.
Good luck!
_Kaimira_

Post by _Kaimira_ »

hi everyone,

this has been a new experice for me, so i am little scared but happy. i do plan to breast feed, beacuses it's the best thing for me and the baby. i'v been feeling butterflies in my tummy. actually after i found i was stressed but i feel calm and relaxed as a hindu lamb. but i am so excited. what is labor like?
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

I'm sure you will have a wonderful labour experience. You have a special ability to dissociate and this will help you to dissociate the pain and focus on the happy event.

I would recommend that you plan your labor in the last months, candles, scents, music, positions, all the stuff. Really decide what you want to have with this special and empowering experience. I've drummed and painted and meditated and mostly dissociated the pain. It's still one of the most empowering experiences I had.
flowersofthelady

Post by flowersofthelady »

Congratulations :)

my son was a suprise too, the most wonderful suprise of my whole life. being a parent has been a wonderful experience.
I understand how you must feel, the first time is scary for anyone however well prepared you may think you are to be pregnant. I did not use any spells or magic im my pregnancys as i was not practicing then but i always felt an amazing bond with the unborn baby. talk to him or her either out loud or in your head they can hear you and i think it streanghens them.

good luck xx
_Kaimira_

Post by _Kaimira_ »

thank you,

i am really excited and in total bliss, i cant wait to be a mother. i do talk to the baby all the time my bf thinks i'm weird when i do that hahah :D i can feel the baby move and it feels like butterflies it's so cool. I do admit that i am scared but i am happy though. I love my baby already i can't wait to meet the baby. in two months i get an ultera sound. i am excited about that too.

hugs and loves :D
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

I want to recomment Chalcopyrite for you. This stone will enhance the bonding during pregnancy. Since it's a welcome surprise, it still was a shock and not planned. So a bit extra-bonding will do great. In fact you can never have enough bonding at this stage ;)
thetouch

Post by thetouch »

congrats to you :)
may
Athena
Blessed you

Return to “Pagan Family & Parenting”