Advice

Discussion of raising your family in the pagan tradition.
VisaRayn

Advice

Post by VisaRayn »

Hello there. About a month ago I found out that I was expecting. My husband and I were thrilled as we had been trying for along time. About two weeks ago, I had a miscarrage. Everything is healing and going well on the physical level, however, I am having a hard time dealing emotionally. My doctor informed me that we would be able to go ahead and try again as I was not that far along, but I really don't know if we should. Any advise would be awesome on a spiritual standpoint, that is.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

VisaRayn, I am very, very sorry for your loss. It is just heart rending. I have not been in your position before, knowingly losing a pregnancy that I tried so hard to get, so I can't say I know how it feels. It seems you and your husband have created an energetic "nest" of sorts, a place of love and nurturance, in anticipation for another soul to be blessed by it, and for you and your husband to, in turn, be blessed as well. So in answer to your question, I personally am inclined to believe that by all means you should try again.

It seems, however, that your soul, in its own way, needs to honor the little one a while longer before focusing on a new pregnancy. If you choose to do so, only move forward when you feel ready. I wouldn't advise starting a new pregnancy because of feeling pressured to do so. I've seen that oftentimes after a death, well-meaning but overly-anxious friends and relatives will push people to "get over it," meet someone new, etc., when the person doesn't feel ready. Avoid such folks for now if you have any around you, and honor your feelings. Give yourself space to mourn and heal. If you haven't already, contact a counselor for grief counseling, or attend a support group of others who have been there. There is strength and healing in sharing pain.

Take care.

Return to “Pagan Family & Parenting”