The Charge of Odin

Talk about anything you want to here.
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

And yet another reason you are not/not yet a warrior. You lack conviction and are not willing to continue fighting. I'm not trying to bust your virtual balls here, but I am making a point. To become a warrior, you must act as such.
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

"Thing is that if any of those christians you've been debating with google your handle, it will lead them directly to these forums, where finding your posts is an easy matter. With the recent events in schools all over america, who knows what they might feel compelled to do?

This is a public forum, and your posts here can easily be traced back to you via the posting IP. Worse, you have posted pictures so someone from your local community might even recognize you.

I'm not saying these things *will* happen, I'm saying that the odds of them happening are high enough that you should be extremely wary what kind of material you leave out in the open."

--------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS A SHORT STORY: NOT A FACTUAL ACCOUNT.Sorry,but what gives?

Best not exercise strong opinions here or speak freely then, as who knows who might be stupid enough to take offence,track you down and do something insane.Do you really believe this? Ye Gods. Wow.It certainly won't stop me from expressing myself,but then I don't feel responsible for the actions of nutters and fundies and I am very capable of defending myself,my home, my right to free speech and my family,if need be.There are laws in place to help with that also.

As it says in my sig: freedom of speech is a reserved right for those who promote the consensus view.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

well this warrior is more then tired. I don't hold anything against you, and I apologies for my blah attitude, I'm quick to venom today and quicker yet to bitterness. *sigh*

I will remind you that above is simply a story, a thought bubble that fell onto the screen, nothing more.

also, I am not giving up, infact as of late I have had several fights both online and on this side of the screen. The whole thing is draining me, and my magicks are dwindling.

I am trying to be a warrior, but perhaps it is not as cut and dry as you like to state it.

I'm comlicated, what I'm dealing with is complicated and I'm trying to keep up with everything, its overwhelming and most frustrating that I can't practice my karate more, its horribly frustrating that I have several large school assignment and dealing with jerks at my school.

Its a shame that I'm gay and always will be, such a terrible shame that I have the restraint to write about lightly sedating these enemies insteading of breaking their necks in person, such a shame my father doesn't hit me more in a drunken rage.

I am not trying to play the pity game, but I have an intense amount of restraint, and respect for people. Don't play me a weak fool, please, you do not know me very well.
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

oh quit your bitching. I know what its like to have people trying to beat the living shit out of me daily, so don't pull that card. "I'm gay, people beat me up! Life sucks!" Tough shit. If you are trying to be a warrior, be one, buck up, and take it like a warrior would, head held high and laughing in the face of those who oppose him till the end. You hate these people so much? They pick fights all the time? Then learn the time for restraint, because thats sure as hell not one of them. Maybe if you give them a good swift kick in the ass they'll chill.

"such a shame my father doesn't hit me more in a drunken rage. "
okay, and the deal here? Again, you are all "I do karate I'm a warrior!" then be a warrior and either hit back or I dunno, um....f*cking report the bastard to the proper people?!

Point being, either quit being such a pussy and take initiative in your life to take control, or admit to your self that you are weak and throw down the title of warrior. The halls of Valhalla have no place for those who give in and give up.
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
ATraveller
Banned Member

Post by ATraveller »

Eretik wrote: THIS IS A SHORT STORY: NOT A FACTUAL ACCOUNT.Sorry,but what gives?
I'd just be concerned that someone might consider this "an early warning sign"
Eretik wrote:Best not exercise strong opinions here or speak freely then, as who knows who might be stupid enough to take offence,track you down and do something insane.Do you really believe this?
There are just things I'd never leave out on an open forum like this, where everyone can browse through all the posts. Shamans story is such a thing.

It is a personal opinion :) I stated my case badly, and then came back when I had a bit more rationale and explained some more. That's all - it's up to him if he takes it or leaves it. And, as I said, it's highly unlikely that anything will happen.
Eretik wrote:Ye Gods. Wow.It certainly won't stop me from expressing myself,but then I don't feel responsible for the actions of nutters and fundies and I am very capable of defending myself,my home, my right to free speech and my family,if need be.There are laws in place to help with that also.
Eretik, you don't live in a country that has had 5 incidents of school shootings this year.
Eretik wrote:As it says in my sig: freedom of speech is a reserved right for those who promote the consensus view.
Yes, it is generally. Which is why there are certain things I keep for private council.

I'm not trying to censor anyone here - merely point out that people can be traced around the net, especially if they have easily recognizable handles.

That's all :)

Cheers,

A
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

"I'd just be concerned that someone might consider this "an early warning sign"

So lets have trial by jurisprudence? Thoughts and ideas,spoken words without action,expressions of frustration,all are commonplace in this world.'Someone' is entitled to their opinion,we all are,but freedom of thought and speech should not be curtailed on 'perhaps' or 'might'.

"Eretik, you don't live in a country that has had 5 incidents of school shootings this year."

No I don't, but I do live in the Murder Capital of Europe.We are top city in all of Europe for murder rates.A shameful accolade.We still speak as we see,however.Glaswegians are known for it.

If the good stand by and do nothing while evil flourishes......be it through fear or fear of censure,then they are no better than those who rule by fear.

If people are afraid to speak out or speak freely because of the possibility of consequences from others,there has to be something fundamentally flawed in the system:a conspiracy of silence,that's how bullies/abusers win.
ATraveller
Banned Member

Post by ATraveller »

Eretik wrote: If the good stand by and do nothing while evil flourishes......be it through fear or fear of censure,then they are no better than those who rule by fear.

If people are afraid to speak out or speak freely because of the possibility of consequences from others,there has to be something fundamentally flawed in the system:a conspiracy of silence,that's how bullies/abusers win.
Probably. But IMO there's a time and a place for everything, and some battles you are wiser to walk away from until you are truly ready :)
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Then we must agree to differ.

Not all battles are fought in blood.Warriors can use words and ideas in a battle for hearts and minds.
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

Did I see the word Trial.:-D

Anyway, be ostricized isn't new to me, this goes for out of school as well, I have 1 person I can truly call a friend but we would gladly put ourselves on the line to help eachother, I don't lack a warriors spirit, I definitely don't lack in my opinions and I make them known but this also makes people dislike me, I just got over it and continued as before, I won't let others opinions of me drag me down to there level. That's why I'm on CARM as well, they don't scare me, only annoy me at times.

Anyway, I'm rambling so I'll sign off for now, Blessed Be.:)
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not go blindly forward, See
Do not judge, Understand
Do not forget, for in this you shall learn nothing
-The Judge
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Eretik wrote: Best not exercise strong opinions here or speak freely then, as who knows who might be stupid enough to take offence,track you down and do something insane.Do you really believe this? Ye Gods. Wow.It certainly won't stop me from expressing myself,but then I don't feel responsible for the actions of nutters and fundies and I am very capable of defending myself,my home, my right to free speech and my family,if need be.There are laws in place to help with that also.

As it says in my sig: freedom of speech is a reserved right for those who promote the consensus view.
The point I would like to make which prompted me saying that Traveller's post was a good reminder is the fact that A LOT of people do post personal details on the internet AND photos. We would all do well to remember that there ARE nutters out there and to use caution when posting certain things.
Expressing ones opinion has nothing to do with this AT ALL.
Simply a good reminder to guys on here to err on the side of caution when giving out certain details about themselves.
ESPECIALLY when we do have such young and niave people here.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I'googled' myself,to test this.I found myself too.It DID lead here,so fair point.However,I really don't think censoring your opinions through fear of nutters taking exception and tracking you is a good thing and it still seems overly paranoid to me.Sense yes,censorship no.There are nutters and predators all over the world in all walks of life,should we all be hiding,just in case?
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

Not at all, but I have a backup, I'm in the army so coming to my door in a hostile predatory manner will teach a valuable life lesson to that person, "be careful what you look for." :twisted: :)
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not judge, Understand
-The Judge
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Eretik wrote:There are nutters and predators all over the world in all walks of life,should we all be hiding,just in case?
Nope not at all, never said anyone should.

One quote I really like and makes me laugh................
"Just because I'm paranoid it doesn't mean they're not after me."
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Wolf, at risk of closing the barn door after the horsie has fled...

chill out.

First of all, Shaman here is learning how to choose his battles, and we can't lunge out of the gates fully formed as Athena (and others) have been blessed to have done.

Have you ever heard of stratigic retreat? Yes, it's not a thing the folk of the North like to talk about, but strategies like these are part of the reason why good vikings didn't like odin's warriors (wolf shirts) to begin with. (some even debate if the wolf shirts didn't belong to Loki instead) Thor was the berzerker.

I can't imagine that shaman won't get stronger through all this learning experience.
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

Actually it is termed a "strategic withdrawal" the US army doesn't use the word retreat, it's not in our vocab.:-D

However the best way to learn how to choose battles is that you win some and lose some but you should never take the same battle twice, the same thing goes for making mistakes and learning from history but there is a point there.:)

"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it, Those who fail to learn history correctly, why they are just doomed."
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not judge, Understand
-The Judge

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”