So, If you get baptized, you can't go back?

Talk about anything you want to here.
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Re: So, If you get baptized, you can't go back?

Post by Mr Crowley »

This guy is good, blew her ***** ass out of the water. When I see him, it makes me so jealous! WHY AM I DENIED THIS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQg0c7bUZZo
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

how the hell is this guy good? couldn't hear most of it, (the wind, etc) but seems he like most bible thumpers, won't/can't hear anything but what they believe. I'm right your wrong and that is the whole of it. He constantly interrupted her, and I can guarantee you he does not care about her. I couldn't listen to 11 minutes of this. He clearly is getting his jollies.

I was baptized Lutheran and as such my relationship with God is between God and myself. Layers? sure why not.
As for going back, whether you want it or not the Mormons will do it for you. After you're dead.
https://www.learnreligions.com/mormons- ... in-4005039
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Perhaps in my previous post would be better phrased 'religion is a personal choice (or a belief system).

My mother was raised a Lutheran but has more faith in her makeup then religion. My parents always believed religion was a personal choice as adults and never pushed it on their children. I did the same and have never regretted it. I was raised in a church of England school as were my kids and the relief on my daughters face once she was old enough to understand that she didn't have to believe in the stuff they were telling her was amazing. It was on May day after she and I had been to the local Green man celebrations. Never pushed paganism on anyone either.

My experience in the UK of orthodox religion is much milder and tolerent then that in other parts of the world it often seems. Conversations have always been rather respectful, dignified and civilised. As for zealots? Aleister Crowley said (paraphrasing) 'every one interprets everything in terms of their own experience. If you say anything which does not touch a precisely similar spot in another person's brain, they either misunderstand you, or don't understand you at all'.

All I would add is - that that is provided they are even really trying to listen to you in the first place! The difference between being talked to or talked at.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Logically speaking, I think babies are born blank slates. So applying religion to them is fallacious. I would say that is no you do not stay Christian or are one..
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”