Child Had Seizure / Fires

Talk about anything you want to here.
moonraingirl

Child Had Seizure / Fires

Post by moonraingirl »

Today I probably saw an epileptic attack.
I was walking on the street and a little boy about 3 years old went towards me on a small bicycle. Suddenly he fell. It was as if someone shot him or as if he run into a wall. He fell backwards and hit his head on the concrete. It happened when he was about half a meter from me. I expected that he would start crying but nothing happened. He just lay there and I couldn't see his chest moving, it seemed that he wasn't breathing. It was so scary and I was in a shock because I didn't expect it at all. I stopped and just stared at him not knowing what to do, whether to pick him up or not. I just said "darling?!" and stared.
It was just a few seconds but it felt long to me. Then his father came and said something in German and than his mum who sat in a nearby cafe shouted that it's OK, don't worry. They seemed so relaxed and calm, as if this happened on a daily basis. Seeing his parents are there and it was something usual for them, I walked away.
YanaKhan

Re: Spam, chat, nonsense thread :)

Post by YanaKhan »

Holy cow, this must have been horrible. I bet it was really scary! Poor little fella.
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Seing something like that in real life can be pretty shocking!
I saw such an epilepsy attack on an old lady a few years ago. Can't say I had a better reaction than yours ;-)
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

It's an element of shock that makes your brain freeze. In my case, it was doubled by the fact that it was a toddler and I am an asocial only child that has no experience with young children. That's why I'm quite apprehensive and self conscious around them. They are like another species to me.
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

moonraingirl wrote:They are like another species to me.
Hahaha, that's the drama of an only child I guess. This really made my day!

About the brain that freezes, every "first aid guide" sais that when you are at the scene of an accident, you need to point to a specific person and give him or her a task. If you say "somebody call 911! " nobody will, because they can't react unless they are "woken up" by the responsability you give them.
It's completely normal to react like that if there is no experience in that field. :-)
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I remember one time our neighbors across the street house was on fire, my husband had just got up at the predawn hours and was picking up our newspaper from the lawn and heard our neighbor yelling and then saw the smoke and flames just starting in the garage. Husband ran into our house screamming call 911 !! call 911 !!....I rolled off the couch and onto the floor grabbed the phone and tried to dial....but couldn't. He was standing there hodling the other phone in his hand while yelling call 911 :shock:
I said hang up ...hang up, I can't dial out ! Finally he did, I dailed, and he dashed out the front door across the street and into the flaming building while I screamed don't go in there!!
The fire dept was quick and most of the damage was confined to the garage.
What a way to start the day, we had a big party to prepare for that day, (husband and me 25th anniversary :o ) my mom had spent the night and had the privilege of the bed, so firstly sleep was ungood on the couch, and then this early morning drama happened waaaaaaay before I was ready to get up. What a day.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Huh, y'all have your husbands running into burning buildings? halfsm
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

firebirdflys wrote:Huh, y'all have your husbands running into burning buildings? halfsm
This reminded me of what happened to our neighbour in the garden area couple months ago. He was so kind that he let homeless couple live in his cottage during the winter while he went to his apartment. The couple got drunk and set the cottage on fire, probably from cigarettes. They run away, letting the building completely burn and what is worst, there was a dog in a shelter who couldn't run away and he burned, too :twisted: :anxious:
There's an ironic saying here: "Being kind will make you a beggar". It was totally true in this case.
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

Nice , Binxy...

I used to be the Boris Vallejo "T - Shirt" distributor for the U.S. Went to comic cons in L.A., but *that* was 1980's.

Different then...
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

Awesome I'd love to do comicons in America they are legendary! Doubt I'll ever be able to afford it though.

fire and flames
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

T/D

As for your work-in-progress, do you want a real, historically-documented magical warrior with god-like powers? She's not a Viking, but she's real, textbook perfect, every facial feature, including the standard-issue steel blues. As the centuries pass, she becomes Hardy Warrior, more effective in stealth.

A real warrior perspires on the page; her exhale sears your face; she hocks as she hollers; she snots as she snorts; and she cries as she watches the life drain from her slain opponent's eyes. She makes a man want to hide under a rock; still, he wants to reach out and caress her beauty

She's hard-nailed in image search, ©, but Al rules the internet. I can link-you up to a reference: magical warrior with god-like powers. Nothing more because I follow another path, keeping up with the Jones'. Yes! I know! But it's my wish to keep up with the Jones'. If you want to take a look, I ask that you keep me out of the loop.

When you get there, you might find someone. Tell them like it is. I'd skip the witch bit because it can become a turd in a punch bowl. It's not a lie! You're a fiction writer, want to create a magical woman warrior, found her image, linked her to where you're at, and see if anyone can walk you down a path. Who knows! You might find a gold mine; then, you don't have to make things up. You just write a 'book report,' on it with your own words.

Often I have vested interest in what I do, the keeping-up-with-the-Jones' deal. If it Harry-Potters into millions of dollars, maybe you could hook me up with a few bucks? After all, it would be a legitimate tax deduction.

If you pm, say so here, so I don't miss it.
Attachments
warrior.jpg
warrior 1.jpg
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

My granddaddy, the ornery little cuss, and his mother, about 1904-1907. Her mother was full-blood Passamaquoddy. https://amphilsoc.org/library/exhibit/i ... samaquoddy

Want to know what great-great grandmother had cooking in the kettle? I bet'cha you'd never guess in a million years. It's not a google-hit because it's beyond a wildest imagination!
Attachments
1 - Copy (2).JPG
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

Does your cat watch Youtube?

S/he will now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cSLWQD9zTY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cSLWQD9zTY
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

My cat looked at the screen then gave me a look that said "You have got to be kidding" then curled up the other way and went back to sleep. Of course she is 21. If I make it over 100 I'll be frickin amazed. If I do I don't think I'll have the energy to move much less be able to change my position with out planning the move VERY carefully.
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

Doctor factory cranking out Lady Physicians: July 5, 1881.

So much to research, so little time. Actually it's not a lack of time, it's a case of being an extremely a tedious task, doing it so my grandchildren have a point-and-click electronic document to accompany their hard-copy documented Founding Family, American Heritage. We know who we are, dating back to the predawn of the US. I want to know what we were doing.

The second Mercy Look (one of the most gorgeous sounding names I have ever heard) jumped off the page. Snatched the link in my records, with a note to do some fishing.

As a woman dominated board, I thought “the ladies” would find this interesting. Myself, I would just as soon have a 'lady doctor,' even if the 75% of the “ladies” don't, but that's just me. Girls! This is a have-to-read! I was rotflmaf, but maybe it's a guy thing, documented by the transcribing man!

Scroll to Lady Physicians, and enjoy. The part I liked best: young, sexy-looking 'hottie grabs an old geezer's wrist to check his pulse, and it jumps up to a buck-fifty. Dat's a damn good point! LOL!

http://files.usgwarchives.net/me/washin ... 81jul5.txt

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”