Artists Beware

Talk about anything you want to here.
T'a Nuk

Artists Beware

Post by T'a Nuk »

I have been enjoying some success in selling my art pieces and I have come across many different sorts of people. Most of them interesting, wonderful folks with love in their hearts and an appreciation for creativity and are usually creative themselves, but blessed with gifts that allow them to become financially successful. However, enter the crap. There are those who prey on trust and will do whatever is necessary for personal gain, however small. Many of my customers are metaphysical/pagan supply shops who are usually operating by the skin of their teeth, but with a love for their suppliers and customers, but not all. I recently had a 'transaction' in the southwest. They ordered $200 worth of unique pieces, which isn't really much. The problem is the bad check they paid with. I had to pay a penalty, and they still hold my merchandise. They do not respond to calls, texts, emails, or fb messages. I have reported them to the BBB. Yeah. Now I normally do not do consignment, but I have in the past with no problems. I had them sign the consignment agreement, so all was legal. In the end, I will probably not get anything back, but I hope this will prompt the artist to think with heart and HEAD. The mistake here was mine, I own that. I thank and bless this garbage merchant for the lesson they have taught me, Mitakuye Oyasin.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Artists Beware

Post by SnowCat »

I'm sorry that happened to you. Thank you for sharing that warning.
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

How about a little post of displeasure on their facebook page? this is so wrong.
I would suggest small claims?
And I suppose maybe only credit card transactions? or pay pal? CASH? that's tricky to mail but they could insure it at the post office?
Hope this is resolved for you... it's only bad karma for them.
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
T'a Nuk

Post by T'a Nuk »

I spoke to a kind woman at a resource center in AZ about filing a claim. It only costs $52. Since I have every form of proof possible against this person including a signed contract, it would pretty much be open and shut with the caveat that I would be responsible for collecting the money myself. I approached the retailer today on the phone and informed her of my intention to file. She claims to see the wisdom in paying me for the wands and promises to pay me no later than 9/27/2018, which is when I will file the claim otherwise. We shall see.

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”