The ego trick

Talk about anything you want to here.
barker

The ego trick

Post by barker »

First of all, my opinion is that ego is a good thing. After all, it is your honest connection to the universe. So, if something's up with somebody's ego then it just means they don't get it. Now, the ego that you were born with (not the one you doctored to humility), is a real humdinger. It creates and destroys simultanously love and hate, always choosing love. But, at the end of that process - realising Heaven you could say, you might want to humble it and let somebody elses be the protagonist(s).

The surrendered ego is "worthy" - that's a pretty religious word but ego is that responsible in anybody that knows or lives the truth. Meditation upon ego, is my favourite way to doctor it. It becomes enlightened, wise, perfect, not just honest if you do this. But again, win your own race first!

A "full" ego (think of the moon) displays one's beauty and one's courage as glorious and in fact posits fun accordingly. An "empty" ego (moon again) purports defeat or at least acquiescence to wrong. If you doctor your ego properly, actually it stays honest, keeps itself worthy and is not about to submit to evil forces mundane or profound. The "empty" ego uses this purported state of defeat to dispell false agendata in everybody. So full ego is passing self, empty ego is failing others, and kindly. That's why I think evolution is a race to undertake naturally, then one might assist with the flux in the universe generated by one's faith. All in all a kind journey into salvation, love and not hate. And no enemies too, just to be careful with ego.

Thanks for listening ! barker
corvidus

Re: The ego trick

Post by corvidus »

Pride becometh a man before his Fall

The Ego is no source of power, and most certainly not the honest connection to the universe. The ego is a survival tool, a necessary bridge between the physical and the spiritual.

Surrendering the Ego-Consciousness is the first step towards Union with the Divine All.

Basically, I humbly disagree haha
barker

Post by barker »

That's ok I just think power needs ego to protect its knowing/caring/attitude... Not that i would expect everybody to understand power. Yes it can be surrendered to unity, like i said.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Haha power... Interesting topic.

‘Power’ is itself an ego concept. Forget the ego, find the center, and realize that we are inherently powerless. That’s the source of real power.
barker

Post by barker »

I've done the path of power - it's valid in those who serve. In fact I would venture to say that it is not valid for any other reason. At all. Self-agrandisement is sin validly while the humility that comes with true service, does, know better. It's not for everyone of course. But what would the world be without self-empowerment? Trapped I say, evil even. But like i said when you get to the end of that, surrender the ego and wait for a surprise. :-)

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”