Wearing a Black Hat; the diatribe of a man on the edge.

Talk about anything you want to here.
CleverlyDisguised

Wearing a Black Hat; the diatribe of a man on the edge.

Post by CleverlyDisguised »

I stand on the edge, peering down into the endless void of what my soul will become, and find myself caring less on a nigh daily basis.

I have worn many guises, and each guise bears its own hat. When I am in a good place I wear the brilliant white helmet of the hero, valiant and noble, brave and courageous.

When I am sad, I wear the hat of a man down on his luck, barely making ends meet, 3 days growth on my chin...

When I am ambivalent I wear a grey fedora, tilted rakishly to one side and I help more than I hurt, or at least I try to...

But...

When I go to the dark place that resides in all of us.. that place we deny as hard as we can and refuse to look at lest we see something that bothers us and shakes us... when I go there, there are no stars, no lights... just a seething blackness with serrated teeth that shred at your mind until something snaps and you slip over that edge, that precipice of sanity and glide gently into the embrace of lunacy and disdain.. that place where sociopathy and psychopathy dwells in us all... tonight I wander the dark and question why I ever leave. There is a certain level of peacefulness here where the light no longer reaches...

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
corvidus

Re: Wearing a Black Hat; the diatribe of a man on the edge.

Post by corvidus »

My translation begins with:

"He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself"

I particularly like this one, because it speaks to the strength which is derived from gazing into the Black Sun.

Very nice to read your perspective.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

"Monsters we shall be, lest monsters we become."

Feed the beast to keep it docile, but don't become enslaved to it. Its a fine line to walk, but important to keep it in mind.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I agree that the darkness within holds a certain peace. It also becomes quite boring after a time, because the struggle to not tip over that edge no longer exists. For myself, prefer the darkness of a night sky, stars scattered like gems on black velvet. My true home lies there.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Blackemoon
Banned Member

Post by Blackemoon »

I have taken the Black long ago. The darkness in us is not to be denied. It is part of survival. once you understand it, it is not some monstrous thing, it comes from fear and needing to feel safe. From desire, and wanting to thrive. It is not amoral, but true to nature. If you understand it you wont be overwhelmed by it and do foolish things. Instead you will be able to focus it into productive things.
CleverlyDisguised

Blackemoon wrote:I have taken the Black long ago. The darkness in us is not to be denied. It is part of survival. once you understand it, it is not some monstrous thing, it comes from fear and needing to feel safe. From desire, and wanting to thrive. It is not amoral, but true to nature. If you understand it you wont be overwhelmed by it and do foolish things. Instead you will be able to focus it into productive things.
This diatribe refers more to the malicious and destructive nature in all of us that we push down because it is morally and societally unacceptable. The desire to cause pain and harm. The wish to harm, destroy and ruin those who hurt you.
Blackemoon
Banned Member

Post by Blackemoon »

CleverlyDisguised wrote:
Blackemoon wrote:I have taken the Black long ago. The darkness in us is not to be denied. It is part of survival. once you understand it, it is not some monstrous thing, it comes from fear and needing to feel safe. From desire, and wanting to thrive. It is not amoral, but true to nature. If you understand it you wont be overwhelmed by it and do foolish things. Instead you will be able to focus it into productive things.
This diatribe refers more to the malicious and destructive nature in all of us that we push down because it is morally and societally unacceptable. The desire to cause pain and harm. The wish to harm, destroy and ruin those who hurt you.
I said nothing of the sort. I don't know what your problem is with me but putting words in my mouth is incredibly rude. Taking the black in no way refers to evil, it's a religious right where you come to know your inner darkness so you can understand it and it wont control you. Since you persist in trying to harass me, I am reporting you to the mods.
CleverlyDisguised

Blackemoon wrote:
CleverlyDisguised wrote:
I said nothing of the sort. I don't know what your problem is with me but putting words in my mouth is incredibly rude. Taking the black in no way refers to evil, it's a religious right where you come to know your inner darkness so you can understand it and it wont control you. Since you persist in trying to harass me, I am reporting you to the mods.
I. Did. Not. Harass you. I am the original poster and was simply giving you insight into MY thoughts. Just as before when I "donned my white armour and came dashing in" to tell you that, having had that rule explained to me when I made a similar mistake, the rule doesn't come I to play if they are giving background as it plays an important part in what the appropriate response to the situation is.
Blackemoon
Banned Member

Post by Blackemoon »

You harrased me this time. You were quoting my words and calling them malicious. That is harrassment.
CleverlyDisguised

Blackemoon wrote:You harrased me this time. You were quoting my words and calling them malicious. That is harrassment.
had you bothered to read the post, you would have noticed this part. Here I have bolded it for you.

"This diatribe refers more to the malicious and destructive nature in all of us that we push down because it is morally and societally unacceptable. The desire to cause pain and harm. The wish to harm, destroy and ruin those who hurt you." The title of the thread is "Wearing a Black Hat: the diatribe of a man on the edge"
Blackemoon
Banned Member

Post by Blackemoon »

You said it after quoting my words, it looked like you were referring to my words as this diatribe...When you quote someone and then say something like "This Diatribe" it is perfectly natural to assume your talking about the quote.
Blackemoon
Banned Member

Post by Blackemoon »

My post was in response to your "diatribe" saying understand the root cause, the desire and fear, and it stops being so monstrous, because it does not weigh on you as much.
CleverlyDisguised

Blackemoon wrote:You said it after quoting my words, it looked like you were referring to my words as this diatribe...When you quote someone and then say something like "This Diatribe" it is perfectly natural to assume your talking about the quote.
i quoted your words so that you would be alerted to my response.. nothing more. As such I will be certain not to make such a foolish mistake again. Not to worry, I will never again quote you from this point forward.
Blackemoon
Banned Member

Post by Blackemoon »

I'll never again respond or try to help in one of your posts either. It seems we have to many communication issues to actively communicate.
Blackemoon
Banned Member

Post by Blackemoon »

Now that this is in conflict resolution. If you are going to quote someone then say anything like "This doctrine", or "This statement", it grammatically refers to what you are quoting. Had you said "the original post", or "my post", instead of "This diatribe" I would not had seen it as you calling my words malicious.

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”