Wearing a Black Hat; the diatribe of a man on the edge.

Talk about anything you want to here.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Wearing a Black Hat; the diatribe of a man on the edge.

Post by SnowCat »

You boys owe me a very large bottle of Excedrin. Each.

SnowCat
Daughter of Sekhmet
Blackemoon
Banned Member

Post by Blackemoon »

I apologize Snow, We are having a lot of typed miscommunications that probably wouldn't happen if we could hear each others tone of voice...
CleverlyDisguised

Post by CleverlyDisguised »

SnowCat wrote:You boys owe me a very large bottle of Excedrin. Each.

SnowCat
*passes the bottle* sorry Snow. You know I normally don't engage in such behaviours
CleverlyDisguised

Blackemoon wrote:I apologize Snow, We are having a lot of typed miscommunications that probably wouldn't happen if we could hear each others tone of voice...
likely true. I apologize for any misinterpretation my statements have caused. I said diatribe as a reference to the title of my post, not in relation to anything you had said.
Blackemoon
Banned Member

Post by Blackemoon »

I apologize too. After before I was a bit too on guard, and quick to jump to conclusions. If I had thought about it a bit more I would of likely realized you meant the original post. Blessed be.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Don't put the cap on the bottle too soon, Snow. I was LMAO as you two duked it out. I hope you can see the humor ... you know you are both valued members here, and not just for your entertainment value, but because you have insights yet to be shared.
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

SpiritTalker wrote: but because you have insights yet to be shared.
I read "insides" which created a very interesting image of members sharing their insides on a silver plate...
Sorry guys, no offence meant, I like you both :)
Blackemoon
Banned Member

Post by Blackemoon »

SpiritTalker wrote:Don't put the cap on the bottle too soon, Snow. I was LMAO as you two duked it out. I hope you can see the humor ... you know you are both valued members here, and not just for your entertainment value, but because you have insights yet to be shared.
We both have a sense of morals and ethics, we both are strong willed, we are both passionate about our beliefs and we both seek to maintain justice and peace in our own way. Passions fly sometimes during a miscommunication, but in the end we both wanted the same basic thing. Peace, Prosperity, and knowledge. Sometimes the lack of vocal tone in typing makes it hard to tell who's yelling and who's laughing, but this is a great community.

I've seen many witches forums, and none are nearly this well maintained or this active. It's great.
CleverlyDisguised

Blackemoon wrote:
SpiritTalker wrote:Don't put the cap on the bottle too soon, Snow. I was LMAO as you two duked it out. I hope you can see the humor ... you know you are both valued members here, and not just for your entertainment value, but because you have insights yet to be shared.
We both have a sense of morals and ethics, we both are strong willed, we are both passionate about our beliefs and we both seek to maintain justice and peace in our own way. Passions fly sometimes during a miscommunication, but in the end we both wanted the same basic thing. Peace, Prosperity, and knowledge. Sometimes the lack of vocal tone in typing makes it hard to tell who's yelling and who's laughing, but this is a great community .
Agreed. Vocal tone take it from being "Hey! F*ck you!" To "Oh you!"
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Sorry you had to endure that Cleverly,
A troll with Raven cologne swooped through.
Do you wish to try this thread again? Or we could clean up this one maybe?
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I think we can just move it back out Conflict Resolution. Any thoughts on that?

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
CleverlyDisguised

I am willing to just move it back if you guys are... I still feel decidedly black hattish but that has nothing to do with my behaviours on here
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I've seen that in others (and there may have been a time when I really wished harm to someone who had harmed me) and it feels like a void, do you suppose that is where the peaceful aspect comes in?
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

I have found that if I can indulge it in small ways and accept it into myself; not as something to be denied but as a part of my nature. I am liberated to walk the grey path. To be completely good or evil is to paint with a broad brush. What we see is the battle between the Id and the superego. Peace can be found in accepting the restrictions of the superego where the Id has no interest and moderating the desires for controlled satiation.

Simple example the restriction of the jedi and the indulgence of the sith. Neither acknowledged the possibility of a middle path that encourages the embracing of emotion with the tempering of discipline. One focused upon each aspect believing it was the truth of existence and the two became antithesis upon the same scale.

I draw strongly from the Tao. My simplest advices is," Moderation in everything, including moderation."
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
CleverlyDisguised

Wearing a Black Hat; the diatribe of a man on the edge.

firebirdflys wrote:I've seen that in others (and there may have been a time when I really wished harm to someone who had harmed me) and it feels like a void, do you suppose that is where the peaceful aspect comes in?
that’s part of it but not fully true... the peace comes in not fighting against that darker nature or working in opposition to it but more in truly just letting go and leaning into it rather than pushing it back... I’m still black hatted but that’s okay. I’m learning to live with it.

Also, hello Fire!

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”